You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cheltenham Bets,Tips,News & Thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited March 2023
    £2 max. each day if I lose with SKYBET too :/

...but i suppose it's £8 over the 4 days, and where else do you get a bet you can't lose :)

38mm of rain at Cheltenham last night.....going is SOFT (Good to Soft in places)
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    MISTY4ME said:

...but i suppose it's £8 over the 4 days, and where else do you get a bet you can't lose :)

38mm of rain at Cheltenham last night.....going is SOFT (Good to Soft in places)

Did you get your extra £5 free bet on horses from last week?

I didn't see the offer until late yesterday but you could get 2no £5 free bets on horse racing one on Monday and another on Thursday instead of the normal £5 bet on anything.
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 206
    First two fancies

TOP JOCKEY reasoning

NICO DE BOINVILLE 7/1 generally (looks like 6/1 now and 5/1 in places)

The short priced favourite for top jockey is Paul Townend and he is obviously going to be very hard to beat with the book of rides he has got. But I can see lots of value in NICO DE BOINVILLE at 7/1 if he has a lucky week. You can give almost give him a 1 or 2 lead before the festival kicks off with Constitution Hill and Shishkin and then if he gets lucky with Jonbon, Maries Rock, Luccia, plus a couple of handicap winners/places, or even 5 winners, if Paul Townend has a bad week, Nico really should be thereabouts. The five favourites I have mentioned are very strong and if you compare it against Paul Townend 5 or 6 strong favourites, the price difference for top jockey seems wrong. NICO DE BOINVILLE top jockey at 7/1 is a great bet. I was leaning towards betting W/O PT but after the recent podcast in which NICO DE BOINVILLE was mentioned, it has put me firmly in that camp.

TUESDAY RACE 1

I am with @lucy4 Marine Nationale in the opener first decent bet of the festival
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

MISTY4ME said:

Did you get your extra £5 free bet on horses from last week?

Yes.....I managed to get the two Free £5 bets. First one has gone on TAHMURAS e/w in 1.30pm AFTER I'd backed IL ETAIT TEMPS with my NO LOSE £2 +quite a bit extra :)
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,026
    Had a free £1 bet on PP to use on a multiple bet gone for these to be placed.

• Options
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    Used to get £20 on this . Just the £2 now though
  • Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    mines dropped too £2 this year suppose forces you into backing bigger prices
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,732
    daphne56 said:

daphne56 said:

Just back the winner, forget about looking for better odds, winning .50p is better than losing a quid :).
    Wisdom of my late grandad :))
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    edited March 2023
    Well my £5 free bet has just gone a 25/1 outsider in the first race.

Free week of betting at B) Cheltenham when it wins. B)

or

Well just wasted my £5 free bet on a 25/1 outsider in the first race.

Deposit again for the :'( rest of Cheltenham :'(

*delete as appropriate
  • Options
    The 'Year round firm' (Bet365) are offering a Super Boost of EVENS on CONSTITUTION HILL to WIN the Champion Hurdle .....limits apply but I've got £10 on

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY CHELTENHAM everyone :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Had a free £2 bet to use today.

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    HELP PLEASE

I am being a bit Mr thick Mcthick face, or are Sky Bet not giving the option for a placepot today @ Chelts? . Done Jackpot & ITV 7......but can not select PP. Not a good start for Sky Bet if that is case. I best go and open a TOTE account quickly....
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
    MAXALLY said:

HELP PLEASE

I am being a bit Mr thick Mcthick face, or are Sky Bet not giving the option for a placepot today @ Chelts? . Done Jackpot & ITV 7......but can not select PP. Not a good start for Sky Bet if that is case. I best go and open a TOTE account quickly....

No Chelts pp today but an ITV7 one instead & as far as I am aware Sky are the ONLY firm doing this (my pp is with 365)
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

HELP PLEASE

It doesn't look like it from what I can see.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    SidV79 said:

MAXALLY said:

HELP PLEASE

No Chelts pp today but an ITV7 one instead & as far as I am aware Sky are the ONLY firm doing this (my pp is with 365)
    Cheers Andy. I might use BET 365 today then.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    MAXALLY said:

SidV79 said:

MAXALLY said:

HELP PLEASE

Cheers Andy. I might use BET 365 today then.
    TOTE is giving a free p/p.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    MISTY4ME said:

The 'Year round firm' (Bet365) are offering a Super Boost of EVENS on CONSTITUTION HILL to WIN the Champion Hurdle .....limits apply but I've got £10 on

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY CHELTENHAM everyone :)

@MISTY4ME

Wm Hill are also offering Evens Constitution Hill for up to a tenner.
  • Options
    ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    Ive gone for the goffer should start fav, and facile vega to win by over 3 lengths and state man to win by over 5 lengths