You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

First Words!

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Right, we know there are a lot of you out there that read all these great forum posts but don't actually contribute... So... this is our call out to you, to come and be part of the Sky Poker Community.

the whole idea around this thread is to turn some of you lurkers ;) into hardened community posting pros!

The community is a great place to air your views, likes, dislikes, moans, groans, laughs etc etc etc. So please get on this thread and say hello!

We will run this thread until the end of August and then make a prize draw and give one lucky poster free entry into one of our poker tournaments.

the only Rule for entry is that you must not have made a forum post before! so all you guys who haven't made a post on the forum yet, shout up and give yourself a great chance of winning a cool prize!!!!

All the best and Happy posting!

Long live the community!

Rich

Comments

• dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    *Newsflash*
    Sky discriminates against the faithful :(

Not really! Come on you guys, this really is a fun place to chat and meet new people so post and this way you even get something back for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: First Words!:
    *Newsflash* Sky discriminates against the faithful
    Posted by dowzer
    lol, no way! it's in the plan to start awarding spot prizes for great community contributions so that should be a good way to reward all you seasoned posters! We just really want to encourage a few more people to get involved, lets hope it works...

• mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited July 2009
    Mike watches the tumbleweed roll past.......
  • mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited July 2009

Seriously though, i would like to encourage people that haven't posted before to join in the fun on the forum.you can find a bit of everything from the general chit-chat and tom foolery in this section, the serious stuff in the strategy section (those guy's & gal's really know their stuff) to the off the wall posts in "the shed" that Sky_rich is so fond of.You can even pop down to area51 for a vent after a bad beat or two ;)

What ever takes your fancy I'm sure you will find a place on the forum that suits you and be welcomed with open arms by a very friendly community.

Why not start with a quick hello just under this post to get yourself into the swing of things.

Penguin says "dont be shy, come say hi" ;)

• HighTreeHighTree Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    Yay! First forum post!

Bit of a perennial lurker more often than not but I wouldn't say no to a free tourny entry! Especially considering the (extraordinary) size of my bankroll.

Anyway, hi guys.
  • stmoostmoo Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2009
    My first word as an infant was apparently "caravan" although I am told it was pronounced "ca-ra-ban"

Lord knows what I was thinking!
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    ban him please sky..no need facup or leng
    edited July 2009
    Yay! First forum post! Bit of a perennial lurker more often than not but I wouldn't say no to a free tourny entry! Especially considering the (extraordinary) size of my bankroll. Anyway, hi guys.
    Posted by HighTree
    Excellent, and a massive welcome to you sir!
  • STEPHEN66STEPHEN66 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2009
    Ok then, hello everyone.

First time I`ve checked this forum out. NOT a lurker.

I used to post regularly on the old Poker Night Live forum, if any of you were on there.

Think my name was SteveMCFC or something like that.

I also get on the AWOP forum now and again. (STEVE T )

Tend to play more live these days but have the odd session on Sky and regularly watch the programmes.

Usually on repeats though.

Anyway, hopefully find time to check this forum out a bit now I`ve bothered to register.
  • facupfacup Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2009
    hi all, this is to rich. i must apologise for my sons apauling behaviour and comments on the forum. i only found out by e mail that he has been rude to few people on here again, you have my assurance it will not happen again.
  • FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2009

My first words were uttered in a Hardware store in Leytonstone (Crownfield Road, if you're interested). 

Apparently, I'd been bouncing a plastic soldier along the top of a row of Paraffin Heaters. When the store owner saw this, he warned; “Ooooh son, no touch; burny fingers”, to which I replied “Yeah, f@*•ing dood, innit?”

Sadly, the swear word was the only word I pronounced correctly in this brief riposte, and to this very day, is still the language I get right most of the time.

Even more sadly; I've chosen to admit this on a public forum...

Still, do I win a prize?

• fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited July 2009
    Sadly i have made 2 posts on here before so i wont be winning any prizes, ( not surprising if you resd them ). Only joined sky about 2/3 weeks ago but really enjoy the small buy in SnG's as they seem like a good place to learn. Always lurking around the forum and enjoy reading the blogs. Just thought i'd say hi anyway. Quick question for Razorkey. I'm from Bristol so i support the mighty Bristol City. Do you think QPR have a realistic chance this year m8?
    edited July 2009
    Welcome all you 'first worders' ... it's great to have you onboard.

• razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    Sadly i have made 2 posts on here before so i wont be winning any prizes, ( not surprising if you resd them ). Only joined sky about 2/3 weeks ago but really enjoy the small buy in SnG's as they seem like a good place to learn. Always lurking around the forum and enjoy reading the blogs. Just thought i'd say hi anyway. Quick question for Razorkey. I'm from Bristol so i support the mighty Bristol City. Do you think QPR have a realistic chance this year m8?
    Posted by fingers615
    FINGERS HI M8,, if you go to my blogs i will respond to you better,,personally think wba us boro and sheff w will all b in the running ,,think u lot will b sniffing too gl ,,
  • booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited July 2009
    this is the first time i've ever posted on an internet message board, ever.

sure makes a change to writing on this soft wall with crayons.
  • booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited July 2009
    i heard a unique piece of insulting today.

my eight year old lad was playing with his mates in the garden and someone upset him. he retorted by saying....

"your mam is so fat she makes shamu look like a tictac"

can't imagine where he gets it from.
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited August 2009
    I'm from Bristol so i support the mighty Bristol City.
    Posted by fingers615
    Curse me for not seeing this earlier, but....

+1!!! Nice to see another sh!thead amongst the ranks :)
  • 92playit92playit Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2009
    1st post on this forum.

And all I can say is

I was robbed!

My flush ended in 2 theirs in 3 and they won......................................

Still.

Hi ya everyone
  • OccultusOccultus Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2009

My pet hate: Using the word loose instead of lose.
  • --ROB----ROB-- Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2009
    evening everyone,been a sky player for a good few years now,but not really looked at the forum before,playing the open last night (38th) fished out of a monster pot,when i heard TK mention the forum,so i thought i'd pop my head in and say hello..

left online poker alone for a while to concentrate on my live play..but just recently found myself playing the odd online comp...getting the bug again so where better to get cracking again..

right here right now...

good luck with your poker all..we all need a little bit of that.