You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Monday's Forum Triple Takedown Competition (APRIL 2023 ONWARDS)

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
edited April 2023 in Competition Corner

What's this then?

This is a long-standing competition which takes place every Monday, awarding prizes to the top finishers both on the night and across the month as a whole.

How do I enter?

There is no registration required, everyone who plays all 3 of the listed tournaments on the night is eligible for the weekly prizes. Do this 3 times within a calendar month, and you're also eligible for the monthly prizes.

The games are cheap, rake-free, and have a deep structure:

19.15 Forum Triple Takedown 1 is 5000 chip starting stack,12 min clock, buy-in £2-00
19.45 Forum Triple Takedown 2 is a 4000 chip starting stack,12 min clock, buy-in £2-00
20.15 Forum Triple Takedown 3 is a 3000 chip starting stack, 12 min clock, Bounty Hunter buy-in £2-00

How does the scoring work?

Your 2 best finishing positions are added together to determine your score on the night: if you placed 3rd in FTT1, 15th in FTT2, and 9th in FTT3, your score would be 3+9=12. The lower your score the better.

In the event of a tie, the player with the best finishing position in their set will place higher. If still equal, the third tournament score is used. In the unlikely event of all 3 scores matching, then we'll go to the number of entrants in the tournaments that accompany the scores, larger being better.

After the final Monday in the calendar month, a player's 3 best weekly scores are averaged to create the monthly score. Monthly ties will be separated similar to the above.

What can I win?

Weekly prizes:
1st - main event entry (£33 or £22)
2nd - mini major entry (£11)
3rd - a week's entry into all of the FTT games (£6)

Monthly prizes:
1st - any combination of MTTs (£5.50+) up to total value of £22
2nd - any combination of MTTs (£5.50+) up to total value of £11
3rd - a £5.50 MTT entry or a week's entry into all of the FTT games

How do I claim my prize?

In a change to how we've done things in the past, @Tikay10 will be helping by administering any prizes won. Results will be confirmed in this thread the day after the competition, and players must arrange with Tikay the games they will be entered for. Given this is a manual process, please give a day's notice where you can.

What else do I need to know?

I think that's it, but if anyone has any questions feel free to shout.

Thanks, good luck, and have fun.

Alan B)

Comments

• Options
    For avoidance of doubt, the RULES have not changed at all for the FTT Comp. This is just a new thread for Results/Prizes/Queries going forward.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    Nice presentation, for that reason and that reason alone, I'm in.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Nice presentation, for that reason and that reason alone, I'm in.

It is an exact copy of @bbMike 's OP in the last thread. But don't tell him, he will get his plagiarism lawyers onto me ;)
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    A week's entry to FTT is now £6 Alan :smiley: thanks for taking the reins I'm sure it'll all run as smoothly as it has for many a year.
  • Options
    bbMike said:

A week's entry to FTT is now £6 Alan :smiley: thanks for taking the reins I'm sure it'll all run as smoothly as it has for many a year.

That is what happens when you copy someone's sloppy work ;)
    Noted and now amended, thank you.
  • Options

APRIL WEEK ONE RESULTS

• Options

Prizes therefore awarded as follows:

Weekly

1st @thedazzman wins a main event entry (£33) of their choice
    2nd @Card4Life wins entry to the Sunday mini-major (£11)
    3rd @Woogie8688 wins entry to the FTT competition next week (£6)

Congratulations to all 3 winners. Unlucky to those just outside the podium places, especially @card53 who just missed out on countback rule.

Well done to @aynaricol who won FTT2......but didn't bother playing all 3 FTT games ;)

And in late breaking news....... @thedazzman has secured sponsorship for next week's games....well done Sir. ;)

PLEASE CAN ALL WINNERS (Not you Aynaricol) liaise with @Tikay10 to claim your prizes.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PLAYED & SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 934
    edited April 2023
    Very nice @MAXALLY . Seems I do indeed have all the luck ;)

I do love jelly as well. Don't have it anywhere near as I would like. Does that mean I get unlimited supplies? :D

And please let me express my appreciation of your takeover, and also for @bbMike great contribution previously.

I guess being able to play the FTT most weeks now is one positive about the Monday pub poker league I played in for almost 10 years being abandoned this year.
  • Options

I do love jelly as well. Don't have it anywhere near as I would like. Does that mean I get unlimited supplies? :D

And please let me express my appreciation of your takeover, and also for @bbMike great contribution previously.

I guess being able to play the FTT most weeks now is one positive about the Monday pub poker league I played in for almost 10 years being abandoned this year.

Errrr....its JAM. As in 'more Jam than Hartleys' . Not sure if you are trying to level me....or maybe you are just a whipper snapper who may not of heard of that well known phrase.

Either way, Congrats on the win.......and please dont take anything too seriously I may put into the weekly reports. Just having some fun ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524

Good work Alan @MAXALLY thank you.

1st @thedazzman wins a main event entry (£33) of their choice

2nd @Card4Life wins entry to the Sunday mini-major (£11)

3rd @Woogie8688 wins entry to the FTT competition next week (£6)

@thedazzman (who can't stop winning at present) knows what he has to do now.

@Card4Life I'll register for this Sunday's (9th April) Mini Major.

@Woogie8688 I'll register for all three FTT's next Monday.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    PS @MAXALLY @thedazzman

In many places - the USA for example, or even in posh houses in the UK, Jam & Jelly are the same thing.

Unlikely to be the case in Stoke though where beef dripping is still considered a treat.

Jelly (fruit preserves), a clear or translucent fruit spread or preserve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Errrr....its JAM. As in 'more Jam than Hartleys' . Not sure if you are trying to level me....or maybe you are just a whipper snapper who may not of heard of that well known phrase.

Either way, Congrats on the win.......and please dont take anything too seriously I may put into the weekly reports. Just having some fun ;)
    Oh dear! I'm neither from the US or from a posh area, so I feel a bit silly now. At first glance at the image, I thought it was one of those little jelly pots you often see in packed lunches and stuff. I just didn't connect the relevance last night.

It was the end of a long day. That's my excuse, and I'm (literally with all this jam) sticking to it! :D

And, no, not trying to level you. I just haven't heard of that phrase before. Where I'm from, instead, we're accustomed to shouting things like 'Jammy C###' or 'Spawny B######'

Don't worry, I take nothing seriously. So needle as much as you like. It's all part of the fun.

PS @Tikay10 May I please provisionally book this ticket for Thursday's Main? I will almost certainly be playing at that time. Thank you
  • Options
    aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 319
    Oops!
  • Options

MAXALLY said:

Oh dear! I'm neither from the US or from a posh area, so I feel a bit silly now. At first glance at the image, I thought it was one of those little jelly pots you often see in packed lunches and stuff. I just didn't connect the relevance last night.

It was the end of a long day. That's my excuse, and I'm (literally with all this jam) sticking to it! :D

And, no, not trying to level you. I just haven't heard of that phrase before. Where I'm from, instead, we're accustomed to shouting things like 'Jammy C###' or 'Spawny B######'

Don't worry, I take nothing seriously. So needle as much as you like. It's all part of the fun.

PS @Tikay10 May I please provisionally book this ticket for Thursday's Main? I will almost certainly be playing at that time. Thank you
    @thedazzman

Thursday's Main BOOKED.

Let me get this clear - you've never heard the phrase "more jam than Hartley's"?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

MAXALLY said:

@thedazzman

Thursday's Main BOOKED.

Let me get this clear - you've never heard the phrase "more jam than Hartley's"?
    Thank you, thank you.

Haha, yes. That is correct. Can't ever recall hearing it.

Heyho. Every day is a school day, as they (maybe not everyone) say.
  • Options

MAXALLY said:

@thedazzman

That's done, you are now registered.

GL Dazzy.

• Options
    @Tikay10

Thank you, thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

@Card4Life

"2nd @Card4Life wins entry to the Sunday mini-major (£11)"

That's been organised & you are now registered for tonight's Mini Major.

GL GL
  • Options

@Woogie8688

"3rd @Woogie8688 wins entry to the FTT competition next week (£6)"

Morning,

You have now been regged for all 3 of tonight's FTT's.

Have fun.
  • Options

APRIL WEEK TWO RESULTS