You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Giveaway attempt blocked

TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
edited May 2023 in Poker Chat
Can i give you another example of someone trying to lose, auto blocked? No trips, no straight, no flush draw... not even top 2 pair... wants all in..... result? Oh and of course, if you flop a straight and it has never been seen ever, to hold up (discussed previously). Just thought id try it with the nut flush draw too, but no....

You see with a real deck, the results are varied, this is my observation.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Knappers01Small blind30.0030.001830.00
TheWaddyBig blind60.0090.001080.00
Your hole cards
  • A
Knappers01Raise150.00240.001680.00
TheWaddyCall120.00360.00960.00
Flop
  • Q
  • J
TheWaddyCheck
Knappers01Bet360.00720.001320.00
TheWaddyAll-in960.001680.000.00
Knappers01Raise1200.002880.00120.00
Knappers01Unmatched bet600.002280.00720.00
Knappers01Show
  • J
TheWaddyShow
  • A
Turn
  • J
River
Knappers01Win highFull House, Jacks and 9s2280.003000.00
No qualifying low hand

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,653
    You got it in when behind and didn't improve , most, if not all players do what you did , just move on , i do this regulary in NLH and sometimes the good odds don't come in
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    He flopped a straight
  • Options
    haha i thought 2 pair beat a straight in PL08
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176

Never been seen ever to hold up

.....Quite a strong statement :*

Challenge is on for the first person PLOpping to show a FLOPPED Straight ...... that holds

GOOD LUCK PLOppers :)

Meanwhile that would be easy to show playing Hold 'em .........

Obviously you should switch Codes ........... but I'm sure you would see something else that you would be able to moan about :s
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    Will the pain ever stop? :#
  • Options
    stokefc said:

As you can see, you can think that for a HU for 40mins or so and still win online....
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

stokefc said:

As you can see, you can think that for a HU for 40mins or so and still win online....
    Ha you have a sense of humour :p
    I know i mis read your post their hand wasn't dead and while he/she is still live when the chips go in they still have that chance , it just happens
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,285
    It's roughly 80/20 based on his 4 outs and runner runner quad possibilities.
    Actually Cardplayer has it as 81/19. So you win this 4/5 times. You do, really, just you never post the times you win.
  • Options
    Yeah your doing an EssexPhil and concentrating on the odds which is not the point.
    The point is, the move is absolutely just the worst as their hand just can not ever be winning here and has poor odds to improve... and when the move is absolutely the worst, these ones never lose.

Im a winning player, if i saw these lose 1 in 5, of course i would accept this and in fact wholly embrace this, as acceptable variance. I have never seen a horrendous move like this lose online.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    TheWaddy said:

Yeah your doing an EssexPhil and concentrating on the odds which is not the point.
    The point is, the move is absolutely just the worst as their hand just can not ever be winning here and has poor odds to improve... and when the move is absolutely the worst, these ones never lose.

Im a winning player, if i saw these lose 1 in 5, of course i would accept this and in fact wholly embrace this, as acceptable variance. I have never seen a horrendous move like this lose online.

That won’t be true.
    When you stop telling silly lies then there’s a small chance that people would listen to you
  • Options
    I had a streak at dyms ended last night when on the bubble a guy limped for 400 and then called off K5 for another 2500 when i had Aces.
    It was annoying but i will mostly win that hand

In the mini a player raised and called my 15bb shove. He had 9 10.
    He won and it was annoying. Mostly i will win that hand.

I had a bad night and lost lots of flips.

It’s irritating but it happens, to everyone.
    It doesn’t mean it’s any different online to live poker
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

TheWaddy said:

That won’t be true.
    When you stop telling silly lies then there’s a small chance that people would listen to you
    I invited several times, anyone who had an example of an all in giveaway with cards left to come at hi lo, to post. Although everyone is happy to call me a liar, unfortunately no-one has managed to come up with one. This is a little odd, as Enut correctly says there should be 4 successful giveaways knocking round for every 5 attempts.

I just had another one... please dont comment on what his odds were, he doesnt know my hand and is just going mad for his flimsy hand whilst disregarding what i may have...He bets the same every hand, so i flat the flop as i know its max bet next... it can only be described as a giveaway attempt... result?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    kash2809Small blind10.0010.00960.00
    TheWaddyBig blind20.0030.002010.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    kash2809Raise50.0080.00910.00
    TheWaddyCall40.00120.001970.00
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    kash2809Bet120.00240.00790.00
    TheWaddyCall120.00360.001850.00
    Turn
    TheWaddyCheck
    kash2809Bet360.00720.00430.00
    TheWaddyRaise1440.002160.00410.00
    kash2809All-in430.002590.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet650.001940.001060.00
    kash2809Show
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    River
    kash2809Win highStraight to the 6970.00970.00
    TheWaddyWin low5-low970.002030.00
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    Why can't you just be happy that players at the level that you're playing at, make stupid mistakes .......and keep taking their £1's.

Alternatively, move up a couple of levels and play against better players who don't just gamble-off their money, hoping to hit.

.....but we know you ain't gonna do that :#

GOOD LUCK .......and keep MOANING :*

• Options
    “I have never seen a horrendous move like this lose online.”

Completely comfortable with calling you a liar when you write tripe like that
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I need to play players who dont put their money in with just a hope and a prayer, to improve my results? A comment like that can only be seen as supporting the fact online poker odds are a different animal.....
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402

A comment like that can only be seen as supporting the fact online poker odds are a different animal.....

Thought you didn't want poker odds bringing into this as you don't know their cards?

• Options
    Jac35 said:

“I have never seen a horrendous move like this lose online.”

Completely comfortable with calling you a liar when you write tripe like that

Until one of the tea club can put up an example,(just one,statistically there should be thousands, right?) i think you should keep that comment to yourself... would that be fair kangaroo court members?

I mean essexphil wants to come across as a hi lo expert, so he should be able to do this but hasnt.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,543
    Random is just that.... Random. The Sky R.N.G. has been accused before for not being Random enough ...... How Random should it be.... Random enough for me / you/ who/
    The Regulators / the players that play on here ..... Random is not Perfect .
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I would say on 888 poker, where in Omaha HU, the first all in preflop, after a cheap giveaway by the opponent that had decimated his stack to like 1800-200 chips.... resulted not only 400+ on the run wins for that opponent, they were ALL 3 of a kind or better.

That is not random enough for me.

It was these events that told me all i needed to know. If you choose to pass this off as a random occurence, you can do so, but the sheer maths of that is just not possible.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,543
    Boom !