You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Does the Sit and go over 30 pounds ever get played?

Comments

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    You said you were open-minded on debating poker issues, so let's see.

Unfortunately, everything you wrote is incorrect. These are not "very basic play errors" at all. They are not even a marginal error. ICM tools prove that out easily. Satellites and DYM bubbles play very differently to what you think.

Hand 1: You said you could be pushing any two. If you are, that's a blunder. You should be pushing 33%-ish given the payouts and stacks per HRC. BB should be calling 29%-ish. Not anywhere near 100%.

Hand 2: You can push ~37% and BB can call ~28%. K9o is the worst offsuit king in that calling range. KT is a fine and standard call.

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Am I!

One thing i absolutely do know.... if the roles were reversed, would the hands then be seen totally differently? Oh i think so boyz.....

I think you guys honesty is severely in question, dont you?

• Options

Here's a fun one. What hands do you think BTN should jam here?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    TheWaddy said:

Bean81 said:

Lol. Where is your basic understanding?

If my understanding of the 2 hands is incorrect, feel free to have a go....

i maintain the first is an auto call, due to pot odds and also without damaging his stack too much on a loss, with the chance to eliminate a desperate short stack. Basic play.

The second, he knows almost 100% hes behind. There is a high chance he is going to be dominated v AK, A10, KJ, KQ type of hands which would put him 3-1, JJ QQ at 7-2, any ace 2 through 9 at 6-4... as well as 10 10, KK, AA putting him in trouble. If he loses, he then becomes the short stack from a comfortable position. Fold is a basic play here.

I know I'm only a rec. at Poker, and a lot of these 'what you should call with etc.' goes over my head, so it's good to see far better players than me @Essexphil @Bean81 @FeelGroggy (and hopefully @johnmonty will comment too) confirming what I would do...... but I know if I was in the Top3 on the Final Table of this Sunday Major Freeroll, and holding a poor hand when the Short Stack SHOVED on my BB, I would be FOLDING too......whether it's Right or Wrong to, I wouldn't want to be Doubling the Short Stack up and giving them a better chance. (The second hand I would probably Fold too tbh, but then I'm nowhere near as good a player as John)

......but I have qualified for the Sunday Major numerous times from this freeroll with the way I play .........I don't recall seeing you in @Tikay10 's write-ups as having managed to do so.

You didn't answer whether @johnmonty qualified from this freeroll either. I see he Final Tabled the LIVE Poker SPT in Glasgow and won £1900, and having played against him at TDYM's and in VEGA$, I think he knows what he is doing at Poker, especially seeing he's also WON a Trip to LA$ VEGA$ again from one of the DYM Promo's, which in effect the FT of the Sunday Major freeroll is

Maybe you're just bitter, or living in the Past from the time when you were sponsored .....but the Game seems to have moved on, and you can't cope with getting bad beats, because you think you should win every hand you play, because you play 'correctly'

When you have so many people point out that you're wrong, then maybe you are..... I know I would certainly think that...... or you can just carry on providing entertainment for us here on the Forum, after all it beats playing HU SnG's for a few hours for a Quid

GOOD LUCK :)
  • Options
    If i had the opposite view of the hands, id be wrong too..... It was the first time i had qualified for this freeroll due to the stakes i play.... they dont attract the points required.

I didnt 'expect' to win either hand, my observation was not about me... i was just very surprised at both decisions, from a respected player on Sky.... Yes he qualified, as there was only one to go after this 'victory'.

The explantion was he wanted to 'get a rise out of me as the £1 goat' and 'knew the deck would help him out'....... well maybe call the first one then, when it was standard play to do so and your stack was in no way at risk!
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    What ever happened in Poker too a " Wing & Prayer " " Bingo " " Fingers Crossed "
  • Options
    johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 92
    Highly amusing that your warped mind can convince yourself to think that 3.3bb is an auto call any 2 yet 4.4bb is a clear fold holding K10s
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    TheWaddy said:

If i had the opposite view of the hands, id be wrong too..... It was the first time i had qualified for this freeroll due to the stakes i play.... they dont attract the points required.

I didnt 'expect' to win either hand, my observation was not about me... i was just very surprised at both decisions, from a respected player on Sky.... Yes he qualified, as there was only one to go after this 'victory'.

The explantion was he wanted to 'get a rise out of me as the £1 goat' and 'knew the deck would help him out'....... well maybe call the first one then, when it was standard play to do so and your stack was in no way at risk!

You put up 2 hands involving @johnmonty

The first one we cannot see his cards. You feel able to say he has definitely mis-played the hand without knowing what he has. Nonsense. Your shove is too big for every hand to call. As @Doubleme took the trouble to explain. And you did not take the trouble to listen.

Second one? Call is debatable. Me? I'm folding. But I don't hate the call. Q7 is the "average" hand pre-flop. Not K10. If he believed you were shoving any 2, then K10 wins 59% of the time.

Finally, your Partypoker hand you have put up. You have asked a question, but have not provided the necessary info for an answer.

I presume it is not a satellite, due to the "ITM" figure.

If it is the last 3 in an MTT, what are the different prizes? Without knowing the differences between 3rd-2nd and 2nd-1st, there is no correct answer.

Finally, how active is the big stack? If he is calling with any 2 (and he should be that or very close to that) 5 5 is likely a fold purely because of the massive/tiny stacks, unless the pay jump 3rd-2nd is very small.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Ahhh unlucky your questioning one of your friends, i did not put it up... great example of how you would question me as opposed to a fellow Sky-y. It appears your accountant friend has put up a dud post, but it will be all apologies and slaps on the back once you realise this!

EssexPhil, one expert.... tells Bean81 another expert, his post is pants.....

• Options
    johnmonty said:

Highly amusing that your warped mind can convince yourself to think that 3.3bb is an auto call any 2 yet 4.4bb is a clear fold holding K10s

errrr probably because one is not going to dent your stack that much... and the other is going to transfer you to to be the short stack? Maybe? Maybe that would come into it?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    TheWaddy said:

Ahhh unlucky your questioning one of your friends, i did not put it up... great example of how you would question me as opposed to a fellow Sky-y. It appears your accountant friend has put up a dud post, but it will be all apologies and slaps on the back once you realise this!

EssexPhil, one expert.... tells Bean81 another expert, his post is pants.....

He's not my friend. Don't think I've ever met him. Could be wrong-I've met a lot of people playing poker. No idea if he is an accountant or not. Clearly a good poker player.

It's not a "dud" post. But it lacks sufficient detail to make it an instructive one. Which happens to us all-like indeed my last post getting the name wrong.

You clearly believe we are all 1 big clique, all unfairly maligning you. We all have our own take on things, we are all very different people. The 2 things we do have in common is poker and that we like to post on here.

The thing you don't grasp is that several of us are experts. Several of the people who post on here are better than you are or ever were. You could choose to listen and learn. Or keep trying to convince yourself that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Every. Single. Time.

Good luck with that...
  • Options
    I dont play the mechanical silly versions of poker, so most is irrelevant to me. JohnMonty im told is a DYM expert. The fact he says both the hands i put up is the same decision, based on mechanical poker tells you that is where we are at. Cos thats all that is, online mechanical poker.

The main point, was and is, in how it effects your position in the tournament. Clearly optimum play, depending on which version of poker you are playing, whether its tournament or DYM, there are times when AA is even a fold preflop. Your 'mechanics' on the otherhand, will clearly tell you otherwise.

The decision is, or should be heavily based on this. Now K10 when it will transfer you from a comfortable position to the short stack if lost.... Is a fold.... he may be the mechanical DYM maestro (which makes this decision in this tourn even more odd due to the similarites), but no-ones telling me its correct considering what it meant for his position in the tourny.

Im quite happy to pick up the blinds uncontested with QQ in the first hand and of course i will accept if he had like 2 7 off, then a fold is fine. But considering what it meant for his position, the 2nd is just poor.

If you and the boy Monty want to tell me you are experts, purely for the difference in the stakes you play, your welcome. You can feel that i think im right on everything... you wont find many (outside the clique of course), that will think that call is correct there 100%.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited June 2023
    I've just invented a new shape. A trollolologon.
  • Options
    It takes a certain level of self-confidence to think your opinion is more valid than mathematically solved ranges, I'll give you that. Michael Gove would be proud. Who needs experts and a "silly mechanical approach" when you can play Wad Theory Optimal?

To prove that it's all of us on this forum that can't grasp a "basic understanding", I think you should post those two hands on 2+2 with exactly the same wording. Let us know how you get on.

• Options
    Phil, everything you need is in that screenshot, apart from the first prize. You could assume that's $2,200 on Party. It's not a bounty tournament.

What's your range for jamming btn?
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

It takes a certain level of self-confidence to think your opinion is more valid than mathematically solved ranges, I'll give you that. Michael Gove would be proud. Who needs experts and a "silly mechanical approach" when you can play Wad Theory Optimal?

To prove that it's all of us on this forum that can't grasp a "basic understanding", I think you should post those two hands on 2+2 with exactly the same wording. Let us know how you get on.

So you just go with ranges regardless of the situation. I see.

Your in a 4 seat table where 3 get tickets. You got 25k in the bb, small blind has 30k. Blinds are 1k/500. First 2 fold, who both have 1k left. Small blind pushes all in on you.

You hold AA. Bean81 and JohnMonty apparently auto call, cos their charts tell them to and in this case its a no brainer to them.

You will now probably deny this. Despite during all this you have totally ignored why it is wrong to call.... and a clue for you.... its nothing to do with range.

• Options
    johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 92
    Oh so a completely different scenario that didnt happen, why didnt you say so!
  • Options
    I would say it was similar, though not as extreme.... it would put you as the short stack
  • Options
    Bean just ignores any other factors except whether its in range. So i had to do a simplified version for him.
  • Options
    But i would say that to blow a chip lead like in Glasgow, suggests you were just working from your DYM, ahhh Q7 thats a call, mechanical online technique.....