You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What to watch in 2024: best new TV Series/Movies.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,017
    Essexphil said:

Still got about 50 episodes of the Shield left to watch 1st...

Forgot about that small detail.

I liked John Hannah and Ken Stott as Rebus. Hope this guy makes a great triumvirate.

TV viewers hail 00s detective reboot ‘best series in years’ and beg for season 2

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/tv-viewers-hail-00s-detective-reboot-best-series-in-years-and-beg-for-season-2/ss-BB1mTUsA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=0e7bd59cc191470dbcb6155d21aa7522&ei=51
    BACK TO BLACK - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzIOBwyhIU
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226

@HAYSIE

Is that Amy Winehouse thing on TV anywhere, or just Theatres?
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Is that Amy Winehouse thing on TV anywhere, or just Theatres?

Just Sky Store for a minute.

@HAYSIE

OK, thanks, though I've no idea what "Sky Store" is, or whether I have it.
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Everyone has Sky Store, it is where you buy stuff.
    Assuming you have Sky.
    It is the tab below Sky Cinema on the home page.
    You will be glad to know that you can buy and keep it for 20 quid, or rent it for 16.
    I will be waiting.

Ahh right, "where you buy stuff". Somehow I sensed that might be the case. I'd like to watch it, but not to the extent I'd pay for it.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,750
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Assuming you have Sky.
    You will be glad to know that you can buy and keep it for 20 quid, or rent it for 16.
    I will be waiting.
    £20! 😳
    Sod that, think I’ll rent it from Blockbuster’s, do they do a Betamax version? I haven’t been for a while.
    edited May 27

@tomgoodun

Ha, great answer Tom. Though you can afford it after last night's lovely win...
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,750
    Tikay10 said:

@tomgoodun

Ha, great answer Tom. Though you can afford it after last night's lovely win...

Ha, thanks to the ease of withdrawing ( on a bank holiday no less) it has gone to pay some balance off this year’s holiday 😊.
    tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Assuming you have Sky.
    I will be waiting.
    £20! 😳
    Sod that, think I’ll rent it from Blockbuster’s, do they do a Betamax version? I haven’t been for a while.
    Or just hang on a minute.
    Tikay10 said:

Ahh right, "where you buy stuff". Somehow I sensed that might be the case. I'd like to watch it, but not to the extent I'd pay for it.

I dont ususally post stuff from Sky Store.
    That one slipped through the net.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    Just a quick comment about The Shield.

The first 3 Series were marvellous. Then-as is so often the case-the "guest stars" come in-and you always fear the worst. Well, I do.

Series 4 had Glenn Close. Got fairly mixed reviews. Whereas I thought she was marvellous. And fitted right in to the storyline. Being a rather more rounded character than Aceveda.

Series 5 stars Forest Whitaker. It is lauded as the best of all 7 series. And I am nearly at the end of that series. And I am not liking it.

I have spent 4 series enjoying an Entertainment show. Whereas in Series 5 I find myself cringing at the frankly ludicrous, unrealistic cartoon villain that Forest Whitaker plays. The character is absurd. And the plotlines relating to him unbelievable

Are the critics watching a different show to me?
    Essexphil said:

The first 3 Series were marvellous. Then-as is so often the case-the "guest stars" come in-and you always fear the worst. Well, I do.

Series 4 had Glenn Close. Got fairly mixed reviews. Whereas I thought she was marvellous. And fitted right in to the storyline. Being a rather more rounded character than Aceveda.

Series 5 stars Forest Whitaker. It is lauded as the best of all 7 series. And I am nearly at the end of that series. And I am not liking it.

I have spent 4 series enjoying an Entertainment show. Whereas in Series 5 I find myself cringing at the frankly ludicrous, unrealistic cartoon villain that Forest Whitaker plays. The character is absurd. And the plotlines relating to him unbelievable

I wouldnt disagree with any of that.
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

They have become slippery in the Sky Store these days.
    There was a time when a new film would would be realeased in the Sky Store.
    Some time later it would be released on Sky Cinema, and you could watch it free.
    In the old days, from that point on, you could watch it free for ever.
    These days they are putting movies, and series back into the Sky Store.
    So if you missed your chance to watch them free, you have to pay for them.
    The Sky Store used to full of brand new releases.
    Not any more.
    Official Trailer | Queenie | Channel 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwRwPcm3P4Q
    Essexphil said:

I am not sure I have ever been a Forest Whitaker fan, but I do like Glen Close.
    Have you seen Damages?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Have you seen Damages?
    Same here.

Not seen Damages. Once seen Series 6/7 of the Shield, may give it a try.

Sky must be getting desperate to get back their Sky Cinema Customers. Currently got it for 4 weeks for free (along with Paramount Plus). And now got an offer for 3 months for £6 a month, including the 2 free monthly cinema tickets.

Glad I stopped paying £13 a month for it ;)
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Have you seen Damages?
    Same here.

Not seen Damages. Once seen Series 6/7 of the Shield, may give it a try.

Sky must be getting desperate to get back their Sky Cinema Customers. Currently got it for 4 weeks for free (along with Paramount Plus). And now got an offer for 3 months for £6 a month, including the 2 free monthly cinema tickets.

Glad I stopped paying £13 a month for it ;)
    For sure.
    Damages is good.