You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Can he give away the lot completely for free? Errr no....

Comments

• TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Err i think that one, if you want all in preflop with that with 10/20 blinds, then that can safely be defined as a giveaway attempt :D Sorry u cant spot that!

The first hand in this thread, is no hand no draw really, as he is clearly not doing this on his inside straight draw... hes just trying to giveaway basically isnt he, what else is he doing.

Just in case 'the liar' gang come in BBmike spoke at 15.34, while at my table 15.41 we had another 'special' hand....

edited June 2023
    Cant we just shake hands, stop being silly and just say you can go in any newsagents and your not going to be able to buy a similar performing deck?

I mean we all know this, cant we just accept it????? I mean Doyle Brunson, hes played a good amount of hands hasnt he in his lifetime? How many times at Omaha has he flopped a straight flush... if ever? Ive had loads.....
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,713
    Ok so an inside straight draw doesn't count as a draw, got it. Is it only your opponents who aren't allowed to giveaway or does it apply to you also? I could think of a very easy way of winning every game very quickly for you.
    while I'm here, what is a "lo rich deck"?
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    TheWaddy said:

Mr Nostril

I would say if you playing online and there is only one result in a given situation in any variation of the poker games, we all have a problem.

As it shows it can not be a chance occurence... if you have not spotted it in your chosen game yet, then that is a different matter.

Agreed. And if anyone ever posts credible evidence of this being the case I will be very concerned.
    TheWaddy said:

Err i think that one, if you want all in preflop with that with 10/20 blinds, then that can safely be defined as a giveaway attempt :D Sorry u cant spot that!

The first hand in this thread, is no hand no draw really, as he is clearly not doing this on his inside straight draw... hes just trying to giveaway basically isnt he, what else is he doing.

Just in case 'the liar' gang come in BBmike spoke at 15.34, while at my table 15.41 we had another 'special' hand....

doesn't normally take that long tbf
    bbMike said:

while I'm here, what is a "lo rich deck"?

U really asking me this? This is the hand you related to, where as we only held mainly hi cards between us, he was fortunate not to get 3 quartered.... as the remaining deck is rich in low cards AND there is more low cards in a deck than high to begin with.....

Thought you knew something bout poker?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TheWaddySmall blind100.00100.001580.00
    IrwinTallBig blind200.00300.001120.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    • A
    TheWaddyCall100.00400.001480.00
    IrwinTallRaise400.00800.00720.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1480.002280.000.00
    IrwinTallAll-in720.003000.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet360.002640.00360.00
    TheWaddyShow
    • J
    • A
    IrwinTallShow
    • K
    • A
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    • Q
    IrwinTallWin highThree 10s1320.001320.00
    TheWaddyWin highThree 10s1320.001680.00
    No qualifying low hand
    edited June 2023
    bbMike said:

Ok so an inside straight draw doesn't count as a draw, got it. Is it only your opponents who aren't allowed to giveaway or does it apply to you also? I could think of a very easy way of winning every game very quickly for you.

I cant think of any situation where i would be trying to giveaway to this extent, so no it doesnt really apply to me. I do tend to be all in with something more than this, that could never be described as a giveaway... its kinda best.

Although i adapt my game for the internet heavily, im not about to test going all in with nothing every game like you suggest, even if i won...
    TheWaddy said:

bbMike said:

I cant think of any situation where i would be trying to giveaway to this extent, so no it doesnt really apply to me.
    But if giveaways are programmed to not lose for anyone, all you need to do is pile your chips in with garbage every time. Why aren't you doing this? You'll soon find out whether it applies to you or not.
    edited June 2023
    TheWaddy said:

Very little I'm afraid.

Ok, you just mean there are plenty of lows in the remaining cards, I wondered if you had spotted that this particular deck you were playing with was dealing out a disproportionate number of low cards.

Maybe that's the halloween deck, it's difficult to keep up with all the variants.
    NOSTRI said:

TheWaddy said:

Mr Nostril

I would say if you playing online and there is only one result in a given situation in any variation of the poker games, we all have a problem.

As it shows it can not be a chance occurence... if you have not spotted it in your chosen game yet, then that is a different matter.

Agreed. And if anyone ever posts credible evidence of this being the case I will be very concerned.
    Mr Nostril, as no-one gives any credibility to anything i post, even hand screenshots, i invited so called respected players that i know play hi lo to post a giveaway that DID lose... The result was rolling tumbleweed.... i mean i did try to go another way about it...

But Essexphil said 'he simply did not have the time' for example, although he trawled the internet to find some dirt on my previous staking company, even going on to companies house and writing an essay afterwards.

I mean i do try my best and even put it in your hands, in an effort to explain things... but when the excuses dont match the actions, its kind of what can you do.......
    bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

Very little I'm afraid.

Ok, you just mean there are plenty of lows in the remaining cards, I wondered if you had spotted that this particular deck you were playing with was dealing out a disproportionate number of low cards.

Maybe that's the halloween deck, it's difficult to keep up with all the variants.
    No, no its just your error in trying to show me up..... And you were stalking me in my games because? :#
    You won that game against Irwin, after getting it in in pretty bad shape early on.

› TheWaddy has posted a small blind of 30
    › IrwinTall has posted a big blind of 60
    › TheWaddy raised for 150
    › IrwinTall called for 120
    › Dealing the flop 4hTcAs
    › IrwinTall checked
    › TheWaddy has gone all-in for 350
    › IrwinTall called for 350
    › TheWaddy showed 9cAc8d6d
    › IrwinTall showed AhJd4c6c
    › Dealing the turn Js
    › Dealing the river 7s
    › TheWaddy has won the high hand (530 chips) with Straight to the Jack 7s8d9cTcJs
    › TheWaddy has won the low hand (530 chips) with 8-low As8d7s6d4h

Oh, then there was this one much later, the miracle inside straight coming in

› IrwinTall has posted a small blind of 100
    › TheWaddy has posted a big blind of 200
    › IrwinTall called for 100
    › TheWaddy checked
    › Dealing the flop Jh9hKc
    › TheWaddy bet 400
    › IrwinTall called for 400
    › Dealing the turn Ac
    › TheWaddy has gone all-in for 480
    › IrwinTall called for 480
    › IrwinTall showed Kd9s3hQs
    › TheWaddy showed Th6d8h7h
    › Dealing the river Qd
    › TheWaddy has won the high hand (2,160 chips) with Straight to the Queen 8h9hThJhQd
    › There was no low winner for this hand.

Seems a bit unfair getting so much help from the deck.
    TheWaddy said:

No, no its just your error in trying to show me up..... And you were stalking me in my games because? :#

I thought I'd pop in and see if I could spot any of these 0% occurrences as it seems quite unlikely
    bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

bbMike said:

I cant think of any situation where i would be trying to giveaway to this extent, so no it doesnt really apply to me.
    But if giveaways are programmed to not lose for anyone, all you need to do is pile your chips in with garbage every time. Why aren't you doing this? You'll soon find out whether it applies to you or not.
    Because it goes against everything i stand for. Im looking for a change in poker games, not to encourage what is bad about it....
    TheWaddy said:

Because it goes against everything i stand for. Im looking for a change in poker games, not to encourage what is bad about it....

Orrrr... because you don't really believe it. A bit like when you say your strategy is to never raise when there's cards to come, but conveniently forget this in the 'heat of the game'. I mean, it's got to be one of the simplest strategies to implement right?
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    TheWaddy said:

NOSTRI said:

TheWaddy said:

Mr Nostril

Mr Nostril, as no-one gives any credibility to anything i post, even hand screenshots, i invited so called respected players that i know play hi lo to post a giveaway that DID lose... The result was rolling tumbleweed.... i mean i did try to go another way about it...

But Essexphil said 'he simply did not have the time' for example, although he trawled the internet to find some dirt on my previous staking company, even going on to companies house and writing an essay afterwards.

I mean i do try my best and even put it in your hands, in an effort to explain things... but when the excuses dont match the actions, its kind of what can you do.......
    Are you familiar with the concept of anecdotal evidence?

About as familiar as you are with the concept of confirmation bias, I should imagine.
    It's his lived experience, I don't think he wants to be shown that it's a falsehood. Imagine making outlandish claims then wondering why people might want to come and see for themselves.
    bbMike said:

You won that game against Irwin, after getting it in in pretty bad shape early on.

› TheWaddy has posted a small blind of 30
    › IrwinTall has posted a big blind of 60
    › TheWaddy raised for 150
    › IrwinTall called for 120
    › Dealing the flop 4hTcAs
    › IrwinTall checked
    › TheWaddy has gone all-in for 350
    › IrwinTall called for 350
    › TheWaddy showed 9cAc8d6d
    › IrwinTall showed AhJd4c6c
    › Dealing the turn Js
    › Dealing the river 7s
    › TheWaddy has won the high hand (530 chips) with Straight to the Jack 7s8d9cTcJs
    › TheWaddy has won the low hand (530 chips) with 8-low As8d7s6d4h

Oh, then there was this one much later, the miracle inside straight coming in

› IrwinTall has posted a small blind of 100
    › TheWaddy has posted a big blind of 200
    › IrwinTall called for 100
    › TheWaddy checked
    › Dealing the flop Jh9hKc
    › TheWaddy bet 400
    › IrwinTall called for 400
    › Dealing the turn Ac
    › TheWaddy has gone all-in for 480
    › IrwinTall called for 480
    › IrwinTall showed Kd9s3hQs
    › TheWaddy showed Th6d8h7h
    › Dealing the river Qd
    › TheWaddy has won the high hand (2,160 chips) with Straight to the Queen 8h9hThJhQd
    › There was no low winner for this hand.

Seems a bit unfair getting so much help from the deck.

First you dont seem to know what a lo rich deck is, when we both have hi hands preflop... then you post this garbage when in the first hand im short stacked with 530 chips and the 2nd im pot committed with nosebleed blinds with a big wrap draw.....

And on top of that, i quite clearly state that i consider the deck to provide enhanced hands, which in the long term favours the poorer player... at high blinds and shortstacked there will be times that i indeed will benefit from this feature, where i have no choice but to gamble... like poor players do at 10/20 blinds and equal stacks.......
    I mean the answers to why im all in, are all there.... if you think i should be folding either of those given the situation, id be surprised, especially against a player who usually has very little.... and the fact i got lucky just backs up the fact there is a very high rate of lead changes late on, which you all deny....

Of course i will benefit from these too in these 'no choice' situations. Enhanced hands are there for the long term help for chip throwers....