You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WSOP Main. Oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God.

Comments

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    What, with a plastic deck?
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Tell me, why is this something to put up and players take an interest .... but no-one is the slightest bit interested if its an online hand that is statistically more unlikely?

If you type 'poker bad beat' in Youtube, why are they all real life examples?

Serious question.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    I have done just that, the majority of them live hands. Think you need to look on there if you think bad beats only happen online. Like the first one on there straight flush against nut flush, pretty recent as well.
  • Options
    Of course bad beats dont just happen online. When they are unusual, they appear on youtube. Its just despite it 'all being the same thing', youtube users seem to favour the live scenario over the online bad beat.

Im just wondering why these hands that are so unusual, end up on YouTube, whereas no-one seems to bother with online ones. It appears that the interest would only be in the live area of the 'all the same thing' game.

I would like to hear from the Forum on why this is so?
  • Options
    You just have a blinkered view on online stuff. Why would anyone have a debate with you when all you have is a 'online is rigged' view.
  • Options
    ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 58
    The hand in itself isn't interesting, it's interesting because of the context of it being the WSOP main event
  • Options
    Ok ... but Youtube 'poker bad beats' are from a variety of events, inc cash games... the reason why there is no online hands when you use that search is.....?

An amazing bad beat from wsop, tv cash games, wpt and any online game are all the same thing in your opinion.

Im just trying to understand here, as me myself have worse ones than what is documented there and many of them.... its the same game so why are they omitted?

Why isnt the top one 'i flopped quads.. that were beaten by runner runner better quads'? i mean theres a couple there live that claim to be the worst bad beats 'ever', one being a 2% chance! That wouldnt even qualify for being the worst one of the week for me.

I would say that its because they dont hold the same credibility and therefore wouldnt attract any attention, so if there is another reason i would just like to understand.....
  • Options
    Just trying to grasp why live people find them amazing to watch.... when its the same chance.....
  • Options
    This is top trolling. The guy who continually states that you don’t get various things happening live with a ‘plastic deck’ wants everyone else to explain why there’s more of those on YouTube than from online. Tremendous.

Have you even tried to consider what the answer would be?

You honestly think an exact same bad beat scenario would be equally appealing watching software churn out the result for a load of avatars as opposed to seeing human reactions? The reason there’s more of them on YouTube is because the people with YouTube channels know there are people out there that want to see it. As has been mentioned it’s more of a big deal emotionally if you’re playing for life changing money in the biggest tournament there is in terms of prestige than if you’re sat grinding a £2 deepy with 100 runners. Maybe not for you. Either way they are appealing to a certain demographic, you only have to read some of nonsense comments on these videos.

You either know all this already or really do lack some basic critical thinking skills.

I’m sure if you wanted you could find plenty of online examples by tweaking your search criteria, what a way to spend an evening!
  • Options
    ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 58
    TheWaddy said:

An amazing bad beat from wsop, tv cash games, wpt and any online game are all the same thing in your opinion.

I would say that its because they dont hold the same credibility and therefore wouldnt attract any attention, so if there is another reason i would just like to understand.....

They're not all the same thing, I never said they're the same thing.

The context of the hand is just about the only thing that matters.

I only wrote a 1 sentence response to keep it as simple as possible but you just ignored what I said entirely. Discussion with you is an absolute waste of time.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    ITSQUADSY said:

The hand in itself isn't interesting, it's interesting because of the context of it being the WSOP main event

This.
  • Options
    im just wondering why there is online tournament hands
    bbMike said:

This is top trolling. The guy who continually states that you don’t get various things happening live with a ‘plastic deck’ wants everyone else to explain why there’s more of those on YouTube than from online. Tremendous.

Have you even tried to consider what the answer would be?

You honestly think an exact same bad beat scenario would be equally appealing watching software churn out the result for a load of avatars as opposed to seeing human reactions? The reason there’s more of them on YouTube is because the people with YouTube channels know there are people out there that want to see it. As has been mentioned it’s more of a big deal emotionally if you’re playing for life changing money in the biggest tournament there is in terms of prestige than if you’re sat grinding a £2 deepy with 100 runners. Maybe not for you. Either way they are appealing to a certain demographic, you only have to read some of nonsense comments on these videos.

You either know all this already or really do lack some basic critical thinking skills.

I’m sure if you wanted you could find plenty of online examples by tweaking your search criteria, what a way to spend an evening!

Top trolling!?? Its a genuine question! Live and online is exactly the same, but there is no online hands in the 'poker bad beat' search... i was wondering why that would be, as its all the same game.

There has never been online tournaments with life changing money? Last years main event was $20m gntd..... at least try and keep it real in any explanation....
  • Options
    …in the most prestigious tournament.

More disingenuous cropping to attempt to win an argument.

You should avoid being so absolutist, when I did the search there was a video with a guy trying to explain why there’s so many bad beats online. Your position is that these things don’t happen live, seems like quite the change you’re going through.

What is strange to me is despite all the cranks who state that they’ve cracked the online algorithm and have adjusted their play and can name the turns and river cards at will none of the poker streams feature anyone with such an ability even though it would undoubtedly reach a very large audience.

Now, I wonder why that might be.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Is Tikays OP interesting? I cant even see what cards they have myself.

But apparently its worth posting and looking at.

I would say this is far far more interesting, but is something that would only be a big deal if it were a hand on tv... certainly no-one would be wowed on youtube ... and certainly no chance here.... all ins were on the flop btw....

• Options
    Keep it real? Jeez you just said a 2% badbeat is what you see all the time online. You havent posted anything close to 2% beats. Your grasp of maths is insane
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    https://youtu.be/IhfLF9Cjldg
    WSOP 2013 Ray Romano was on the table
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Quadsy said;

They're not all the same thing, I never said they're the same thing.

The context of the hand is just about the only thing that matters.

I only wrote a 1 sentence response to keep it as simple as possible but you just ignored what I said entirely. Discussion with you is an absolute waste of time.

I meant that all you guys say any poker hand is all the same thing.

Kinda6677 said:

Keep it real? Jeez you just said a 2% badbeat is what you see all the time online. You havent posted anything close to 2% beats. Your grasp of maths is insane</blockquote

ok, i make the JJ a 0.13% chance..... but thts my maths

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    Nh, ul.

Q: what's more likely? You losing that hand when the money goes in, or being dealt 33 preflop? Assume a fair deck.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    Online but not as bad :#

• Options
    Lol what year is that screenshot from? Before or after YouTube launched :D