You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WSOP Main. Oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    This one's tame :o

• Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    In your own quote, you said it happens daily to you. That's 1 example, hardly a daily occurrence, is it?
  • Options
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    stokefc said:

https://youtu.be/IhfLF9Cjldg
    WSOP 2013 Ray Romano was on the table

The problem is with that is you found one that happened 10yrs ago, that involved 2 strangers and you were not there!

I think everyone can agree on one thing.

Its amazing when you see these hands happening in a real life situation, nothing to see if its yet another online offering....

• Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 910
    stokefc said:
    Every time I see this video I have to watch it just to see Timoshenko's face at the end. :o
  • Options
    Kinda6677 said:

Keep it real? Jeez you just said a 2% badbeat is what you see all the time online. You havent posted anything close to 2% beats. Your grasp of maths is insane

'not posted anything close to 2%'.... man alive i have numerous 1 outs screenshot, but thought id post the best one.... I mean you guys will post a tv hand, which involve people you have never met, let alone been at the table from years ago..... this clearly is how it should be, as its ultra unusual.... how about posting one that involved you

• Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    Nah, cba I leave it to you as you're an attention seeker. Why do you have a problem with the hands others are posting? I mean royal flush against quads, does that happen on an hourly basis to you online?
  • Options
    Im just trying to establish why highly unusual live hands are big news and online ones are not.

Someone said its beacuse its the WSOP and big money... but we have online wsop events these days, which i think they forgot.....

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    They also gave other reasons
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Bean81 said:

Nh, ul.

Q: what's more likely? You losing that hand when the money goes in, or being dealt 33 preflop? Assume a fair deck.

Bean81 said:

Nh, ul.

I think if you are going to go down this line, you may as well say there is no such thing as a bad beat... CP30 does it again, jesus....
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,238
    TheWaddy said:

Im just trying to establish why highly unusual live hands are big news and online ones are not.

Someone said its beacuse its the WSOP and big money... but we have online wsop events these days, which i think they forgot.....

It's because husng £1 PLO8 isn't Vegas baby
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    When was the last time you were able to see the reaction of all the players at the table and feel the tension in the room when watching an online mtt?

Was that online mtt on mainstream TV?

Did it include the average Joe, like Chris Moneymaker, turning $55 into millions?

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525

I think if you are going to go down this line, you may as well say there is no such thing as a bad beat... CP30 does it again, jesus....

Go down the route of probability? You're right, sounds like a terrible idea.

Anyway, I'll go back to ignoring your posts.
  • Options
    You heard it here first folks! Flopping quads and getting beaten by better quads is more likely than getting dealt a pair of three's.....

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    When/what game was that hand from again?
  • Options
    When you see posts like that, you just know theres people left thinking 'come on, we are trying to destroy him together here, dont be putting that up and ruin our credibility'....

:D:D:o:D:D
  • Options
    Here we have the mild mannered Daniel Negreanu, who we all know takes losing really well and generally laughs it off... think the hand on High Stakes Poker with Eric Lindgren, where his flopped straight lost to quads was just about the only time i saw him lose his cool... as this was down to a terrible run that cost him $1m+ and it was the straw that broke the camels back..

Its a scenario that online however, is unfortunately pretty standard.

So here we can see the immense frustration of compounded silly outcomes (you will notice in the top left corner, different tournamnents) online, turns him into Phil Helmuth....

Hes still on camera, so you cant use that as an excuse... it just appears the sheer amount, as on that 'one off' run on High Stakes Poker, turns him into something we never see from him in several different online tournaments.

https://youtu.be/w3c5dlt5V6w
  • Options
    Mr Negreanu would agree its all the same game...

https://youtu.be/_gjbMa52iOE
  • Options
    Losing a million or losing a pound mmmm
  • Options
    And yet a few years before, heres Daniel telling you how to deal with bad beats and similar things in your life..... which im sure he is able to do... away from an online situation.... Try running this video alongside one of the above Negreanu online experiences.... :D

https://youtu.be/QXqFxHiajuI