You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WSOP Main. Oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God.

Comments

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    What’s your point?
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    Online is dodgy? And you still play online don't you? Give it a rest
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited July 2023
    bbMike said:

What’s your point?

Ha ha serious question?? He can deal with bad beats in their normal quantities, as we see at the tables in person.... has even done a video on how to deal with them.... but in multiple online tournaments, he is totally losing the plot, not only with the hands we see, but clearly the many that have gone before them.......

Again, im open to suggestions to why Negs on film, deals with a beat differently online to at the tables.... I would say its because at the tables its a one off, within acceptable probability and the online its the many, many pushing him over the edge...

In one hand online he is saying its totally against ICM, but he doesnt care anymore... He states in his dealing with beats video, how to calm yourself down and continue to play optimum poker... which i believe he would always do in any live tournament and would be able to do so.

Unfortunately in the online tournaments, things have got so unbelievable, he has lost his will and belief to continue.

That is my point.

• Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    You obviously dont watch his vlogs at the wsop do you?
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    TheWaddy said:

You heard it here first folks! Flopping quads and getting beaten by better quads is more likely than getting dealt a pair of three's.....

Once again, reading comprehension isn't your thing. Try re-reading my post.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Lol he slightly pushed a chair in frustration... if the online video was the same, i wouldnt have even been able to put it up as it was something and nothing.... the other he shows a reaction...

Almost everyone does this. But well trawled to find them.

Screaming 'WTF is going on here' for several minutes, resulting in him having to apologise to his dogs and then carrying on... only Phil Helmuth does this, certainly not DN ....and ditching any correct play 'because he doesnt care anymore'... thats not happening at the wsop, ever....

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Bean81 said:

TheWaddy said:

You heard it here first folks! Flopping quads and getting beaten by better quads is more likely than getting dealt a pair of three's.....

Once again, reading comprehension isn't your thing. Try re-reading my post.
    You were attempting to discredit a bad beat, by quoting the odds of being dealt specifically 33.... its totally irrelevant.

Being beaten by a 0.13% is as bad as it gets as a bad beat... if you not drawing dead, you have a chance.... if you are trying to say its not a big deal, then there is no such thing as a bad beat in your mind.

Anway i dont want the 2 different Negreanu's to get lost in this irrelevance....
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,778
    .those videos of DNegs, are so refreshing, good posting @TheWaddy , just shows it happens to us all, and losing your sh it is totally normal. the one with the software lag and disconnection was my favourite......that is the most tilting thing ever, sky should invite him to play our software, make him multitable 6 games full screen, for **** n giggles.

that video telling everyone how to deal with the bad beat, thats how everyone wants to do it, wants to be like, but in reality you need to be on some calming substances to just shrug it off, well most of the time anyway.......those other vids posted by @Bean81 prove it.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    That video of Negreanu tilting at home has really blown the lid off the whole "online poker is rigged thing"". It's all the evidence anybody needs. Well done. I look forward to reading your double peer reviewed paper on the subject, which will lead to the collapse of online poker. You should also tweet Daniel and let him know your thoughts, then start a thread on 2+2 about it so that everybody knows. Let us know how you get on.

PS: your odds of losing on the flop were not 0.13%. You even posted the odds yourself. Putting odds into context is always relevant and a bad beat in a micro mtt is never a big deal.
  • Options
    Hey , no problem Beer....

Tikays first ever question to me was 'remind me the difference between online poker and real poker again?;... i think Daniels videos sum up the differences very nicely.....

He mentions that hes tilting several times, purely due to the site freezing... he mentions that he knows its against ICM and that 'he doesnt care anymore' in one of his actions, that he would certainly not do in a live WSOP but is doing in an Online WSOP event... due to numerous bad beats.

And we see him turning into an absolute frustrated mess.... i mean a real frustrated mess (that we all recognise, as Beer says)... not just slapping a table or chair, but a jibbering madman. Only online hands and freezes can do this to you......

On viewing these, i wonder what a totally honest DNegs opinion would be on the difference between the live and online game? Would it be 'none'. I dont think anyone watching that could possibly think that would be his answer...

But, as i have said before, he chooses his words carefully and walks round in his GGpoker and Pokerstars sponsored attire......

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,778
    edited July 2023
    @TheWaddy his frustration is clearly at the disconnect and lag not the bad beats in that one video, the bad beat video imo is very similar to his live antics....the only difference is he is able to get up and walk away, so you dont see the full melt down.

removing yourself from the area where a bad experience occurs helps the mind calm down, stuck in the same place with no "escape" intensifies the negative feeling.

sponsored folks alway have to chose words carefully, cancel culture is very real, esp for celebrity types.

the whole against ICM, gto, nash chat is just to confuse folk, if there was a "correct play" all the solvers would give the same solutions, but every solver gives different outcomes.....like 2+2=4, but there are multiple ways we can add up to 4.

the question you should ask, imo, is, is nl holdem a solvable game?

if it is, then your math and everyone elses, including the "solvers" is relevant, if not then its all a lotta p ish.

what we got 169 starting hands, and 8 million flop to river combos, that probly needs fact checked, haha, plus the check/call, fold, raise options of the opponent.......sure i have read rock paper scissors is an unsolvable game.
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

That video of Negreanu tilting at home has really blown the lid off the whole "online poker is rigged thing"". It's all the evidence anybody needs. Well done. I look forward to reading your double peer reviewed paper on the subject, which will lead to the collapse of online poker. You should also tweet Daniel and let him know your thoughts, then start a thread on 2+2 about it so that everybody knows. Let us know how you get on.

PS: your odds of losing on the flop were not 0.13%. You even posted the odds yourself. Putting odds into context is always relevant and a bad beat in a micro mtt is never a big deal.

I said i was beaten by a 0.13% chance, not that these were the odds that my hand got beaten by any of them. But whatever, ok its not a bad beat cos its a low stakes tournament and others had a minute chance too. Jesus.

Again, ive posted something to back what im saying (if i say something, i generally put up an example of fact and let people decipher the info for themselves), none of it will ever be 'proof' and i have never claimed anything to be 'proof' so why try and come across as an ultra intelligent bloke, then let yourself down with comments of 'Kinda6677 proportions'?

Its just as relevant for someone to prove its real as me to provide something that proves its not. Of course sites could absolutely prove its real by releasing specific details of the testing that is done. They wont. They could let players bet on the outcomes at the actual odds.... they set up betting on anything they can make on, cos they are ultra greedy as we know. They dont. Do those 2 things and the argument is settled.

As ive said many many times, its pro's who back online sites with sponsorships, etc that have sold their souls, that disappoint. Daniel knows the score. We can see this in the VT's. Its in his eyes and his beaten demeanour. Yet he promotes it. Tweet him? Start a thread? Only goes one way of course, nothing ever can be said in public....

PS @GreenBeer The second video is of course lag, but the bad beats are not similar to the live ones as when he has had so many he says 'i dont care anymore' 'i dont care about the money' 'this is totally against any ICM, but i dont care'... Is this the Daniel Negreanu attitude that has made him a successful player and in the spotlight for like 20yrs... has he ditched any discipline that he now even does this in live play? I dont think so. Its clear to me that a seasoned, highly highly succesful poker pro would only have this attitude towards an online tournament were he has lost his will to live. Theres only online poker that can do that to a player, especially of his standing.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So we had Bean 81 discredit quads getting beaten by quads backdoor, as there was other people in the hand who had similar odds. We had BBmike asking what year it was from. We had Kinda(garten)6677, saying i dont see these most days.....

So just 30mins ago we had a 0.12% on the flop, even better than the quads... before you say the obvious and irrelevant to the point, the player would have 100% done this with any 2, any 10, kk jj aa qq, so id have kicked myself if flat called.... until this time tomorrow then......
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    avonmumSmall blind10.0010.001420.00
    TheWaddyBig blind20.0030.001550.00
    Your hole cards
    avonmumCall10.0040.001410.00
    TheWaddyCheck
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    avonmumCheck
    Turn
    TheWaddyBet40.0080.001510.00
    avonmumCall40.00120.001370.00
    River
    TheWaddyBet120.00240.001390.00
    avonmumRaise480.00720.00890.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1390.002110.000.00
    avonmumAll-in890.003000.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet140.002860.00140.00
    avonmumShow
    • K
    • J
    TheWaddyShow
    avonmumWin highFour 2s2860.002860.00
    No qualifying low hand
  • Options
    Yes, I did ask what year the 33 hand was from. Twice. Don’t remember getting an answer though.

You strike me as the kind of guy that saves screenshots to a folder to bring out 10 years later as evidence of something or other.

I hit a 1 outer royal flush against quads on a featured tournament on Sky Poker TV a long time ago, and it was shown on the channel. Not sure what that proved at the time but there was someone who decided it meant something and posted it into a Facebook group for discussion lol. Didn’t post any of the other more boring runouts that were shown. Takes all sorts I guess.

UL with the hand above, but let’s not pretend this is a regular occurrence. Happy for you to post another 0.13% losing hand that occurs between now and tomorrow.
  • Options
    I’m still trying to work out your position on all of this but it seems to be ‘the less likely something is the more likely it will happen’ which would be quite the statement.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Bombardment of enhanced hands=== the poorer player loses less, as they are more likely to chase rainbows or just think their hand is good when it isnt..... we have a monster amount of flopped ultra strong hands beaten to runners, with weaker players staying in hands they shouldnt.

Poorer players lose less==== player retention...

Player retention and therefore maximised site traffic, is the number one key to maximising profit. Phil Galfond in his interview on his ventures into launching sites actually says these words.

Its quite simple really.
  • Options
    Every time i answer another enhanced hand comes along as im writing it. Here i have trip 3 with the nut low draw. If i make the nut low, im at least sharing the pot (these are all terrible players, so their hands could be literally anything). If i counterfeit my low draw, i make full house. Winner, winner chicken din.... ahhh one of two only cards left that could make a flush and me not make a low comes... and no improvement river.

Special hands, all day every day.....
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    fish4it231Small blind10.0010.001930.00
    TheWaddyBig blind20.0030.002000.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    joker51Fold
    cyril1957Call20.0050.001655.00
    fish4it231Raise50.00100.001880.00
    TheWaddyCall40.00140.001960.00
    cyril1957Call40.00180.001615.00
    Flop
    fish4it231Check
    TheWaddyBet90.00270.001870.00
    cyril1957Raise450.00720.001165.00
    fish4it231Raise1620.002340.00260.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1870.004210.000.00
    cyril1957All-in1165.005375.000.00
    fish4it231All-in260.005635.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet80.005555.0080.00
    fish4it231Show
    • Q
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    cyril1957Show
    • A
    • J
    • K
    Turn
    River
    • K
    cyril1957Win highFull House, 3s and Kings5025.005025.00
    fish4it231Win highFlush to the Queen530.00530.00
    No qualifying low hand
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    bbMike said:

Yes, I did ask what year the 33 hand was from. Twice. Don’t remember getting an answer though.

You strike me as the kind of guy that saves screenshots to a folder to bring out 10 years later as evidence of something or other.

I hit a 1 outer royal flush against quads on a featured tournament on Sky Poker TV a long time ago, and it was shown on the channel. Not sure what that proved at the time but there was someone who decided it meant something and posted it into a Facebook group for discussion lol. Didn’t post any of the other more boring runouts that were shown. Takes all sorts I guess.

UL with the hand above, but let’s not pretend this is a regular occurrence. Happy for you to post another 0.13% losing hand that occurs between now and tomorrow.

What amuses me is that despite us talking about it and it happening at the very same time, you dont think 'wow, what is the chances of that happening right now, that is utterly amazing'!

I believe this to be April last year.... clearly if you flop quads, you will never get this much action, nevermind on the flop... so the one time i get this much action... a 833-1 chance wins... so it just needed the one run of it, the one time it happens. Who can say here they have ever flopped quads and got 4 all in callers??? Unprecedented i imagine... So we have a one off hand... and the 1 in 833 comes in....

Clearly, there is alot of poor calls there. Its a great example of how enhanced hands work and to what extent...