You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Streets Of London - Ralph McTell featuring the Crisis Choir with guest vocalist Annie Lennox

Comments

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    HAYSIE said:

Plenty of reads.
    Any donations?

End of the Month when the money comes in, I will be sending a donation.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055

HAYSIE said:

Plenty of reads.
    Any donations?

End of the Month when the money comes in, I will be sending a donation.
    Well done.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    Same, as a family we've all decided this xmas - no gifts(. Apart from grandchildren and grand dogs), adults nothing and we've all donated to a charity of our choice already....

However if grumpy Tony @HAYSIE can explain why £29.73? I'll at least match it, probably round it up as well!
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    In fact, just thought of a new donation competition?

I'll donate £29.74 and see if anyone is prepared to ' out donate' me by a penny and donate £29.75, then someone else £29.76 etc etc
    edited November 2023
    madprof said:

I'll donate £29.74 and see if anyone is prepared to ' out donate' me by a penny and donate £29.75, then someone else £29.76 etc etc

Not sure you can do that, I think the donation figure is set in stone, and all you can do is add gift aid, or donate multiples of the £29.73.
    The link is below.
    madprof said:

Crisis at Christmas: Lloyd's story | Crisis UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_PBTh9kGY

Fri, 10 Nov at 12:37

Dear Anthony

Thank you so much for your kind donation of £29.73 on 06/11/2023. We have just found that an issue on our website during the time you donated may have meant we didn’t send you an email confirming that we have received your donation.

We’re really sorry about that and wanted to get in touch to let you know how grateful we are for your generous gift and for supporting people experiencing homelessness this Christmas.

If you have any questions at all about your donation please do get in touch at supporter.helpline@crisis.org.uk, on 08000 38 48 38 or by responding to this email. My team will be happy to help.

Thank you again for your support,

Ely Mukhwana
    Supporter Care Manager

Michelle's story

“This time last year, I couldn’t afford my rent anymore. Without any support around me, I had to sleep rough for six months – sometimes on buses, sometimes on the streets. I thought, ‘Am I going to be out here on Christmas Day?’ I was so worried about that.

“When I was referred to Crisis at Christmas, everything changed. That first day with them was my last day on the streets.

“They were so welcoming. There was no judgement. They put me up in a hotel – it was so nice to just sit and be safe. It’s like a weight had been lifted.

“I spent Christmas Day with other Crisis guests. We had Christmas food, including my favourite – mince pies and custard. There was karaoke, bingo – I even got my nails done. I felt like a human again.

“My lead worker, Kate, was always in my corner. I could talk to her about anything and everything. And she did all she could to help me find a permanent home.

“It was tough but I’m proud that I’ve got through it. In March, I moved into my new home. And I can’t wait to spend Christmas there this year.”

https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-involved/donate-to-crisis-at-christmas?msclkid=7eec34561b531f34ca53511ec177b549&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ADW AO TKF Christmas Brand 2023 - Exact&utm_term=crisis at christmas&utm_content=Crisis Christmas
    edited November 2023
    Instead of spending about £100 on booze and snacks for Christmas I will do one for here, one for The Sally Army which I think is £19, one for The Age Concern which is £26 and then split the rest between CRUK and Alzheimers Society.
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

Not sure you can do that, I think the donation figure is set in stone, and all you can do is add gift aid, or donate multiples of the £29.73.
    The link is below.
    I am talking through my ar5e, if you click on the link and scroll down, there is a bit that allows you to type in what you wish to donate.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

The link is below.
    I am talking through my ar5e, if you click on the link and scroll down, there is a bit that allows you to type in what you wish to donate.
    Yes, I'll give a donation to Crisis at Christmas

1 gift
    (£29.73)

3 gifts
    (£89.19)

5 gifts
    (£148.65)

10 gifts
    (£297.30)

25 gifts
    (£743.25)

50 gifts
    (£1486.50)

100 gifts
    (£2973.00)
    Type other amount
    £

Would you like to round up your donation to £30
    edited November 2023

Instead of spending about £100 on booze and snacks for Christmas I will do one for here, one for The Sally Army which I think is £19, one for The Age Concern which is £26 and then split the rest between CRUK and Alzheimers Society.

That is very generous.
    edited November 2023
    madprof said:

UK cold weather: Temperatures to plummet 14C in just 36 hours as first winter blast hits

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/topstories/uk-cold-weather-temperatures-to-plummet-14c-in-just-36-hours-as-first-winter-blast-hits/ar-AA1kipXt?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a855daf65ccd4b5782397f20f55e4984&ei=11
    madprof said:

UK snow: New maps reveal nine days of blizzards as subzero Polar blast to sweep Britain

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/topstories/uk-snow-new-maps-reveal-nine-days-of-blizzards-as-subzero-polar-blast-to-sweep-britain/ar-AA1kpAnw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=395b5585cbd64828a73b5cb5f408f906&ei=89
    madprof said:

Same, as a family we've all decided this xmas - no gifts(. Apart from grandchildren and grand dogs), adults nothing and we've all donated to a charity of our choice already....

However if grumpy Tony @HAYSIE can explain why £29.73? I'll at least match it, probably round it up as well!

Had a win last night.
    So this is my third and last for this year.

Mon, 27 Nov at 08:21
    Thank you for making this Christmas the start of a life beyond homelessness

Order ID: 1863105
    Worldpay transaction number: 110414279352481

Dear anthony hayes,

Thank you so much for your generous donation of £29.73.

And Christmas is just the beginning.

Your gift could also help provide tailored one-to-one support all year round – for example, helping someone with finding a home and settling in, gaining new skills or a new job, or helping with their health and wellbeing.

Give a life-changing 25% more with Gift Aid

By allowing us to claim Gift Aid, Crisis can reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you donate, enabling us to help even more people out of homelessness.

Enable Gift Aid

Your support helps give people experiencing homelessness in the UK a joyful Christmas and the support they need to leave homelessness behind for good. The start of this can be as simple as a series of small steps - from a haircut to a warm meal, your own shower and a personalised support plan.

You can find out other ways you can support Crisis on our website but if you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Supporter Care team on 08000 38 48 38 or email supporter.helpline@crisis.org.uk.

We know that homelessness is not inevitable and together, we can end it for good.

Wishing you and your loved ones all the best for this festive season.

Ely Mukhwana
    Supporter Care Manager
    Well I won £50 last night and I'd only blow it on poker so following your fine example Tony.

Thank you for making this Christmas the start of a life beyond homelessness

Order ID: 1864546
    Worldpay transaction number: 200414279586732

Dear Mark

Thank you so much for your generous donation of £30.00.

And Christmas is just the beginning.

Your gift could also help provide tailored one-to-one support all year round – for example, helping someone with finding a home and settling in, gaining new skills or a new job, or helping with their health and wellbeing.

Thank you for allowing us to claim Gift Aid on your donation

By allowing us to claim Gift Aid, Crisis can reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you have given in the last four years, as well as this donation and any you may choose to make in the future, until you notify us otherwise.

You’ve confirmed you are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in each tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference. This way, you are enabling Crisis to help even more people out of homelessness.

If you are not eligible to Gift Aid your donation, please let us know online, email us or contact our Supporter Care team on 08000 38 48 38. We can only amend our records from the date you inform us.

Your support helps give people experiencing homelessness in the UK a joyful Christmas and the support they need to leave homelessness behind for good. The start of this can be as simple as a series of small steps - from a haircut to a warm meal, your own shower and a personalised support plan.

You can find out other ways you can support Crisis on our website but if you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Supporter Care team on 08000 38 48 38 or email supporter.helpline@crisis.org.uk.

We know that homelessness is not inevitable and together, we can end it for good.

Wishing you and your loved ones all the best for this festive season.

Ely Mukhwana
    Supporter Care Manager