You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Budget.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    edited January 10
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

The scale of the decline within the Conservative Party is staggering.

Rishi Sunak was supposed to be the compromise candidate to lead the Party. Acceptable to the Moderates, and the various Right Wing factions.

Trouble stems from the fact that he is weak, and facing a massive defeat at the next Election. Whereupon the battle will start between the various factions, Probably the Right Wing groups supporting Braverman, the ones supporting Badenoch, and some form of Candidate from the Moderate Wing-although a lot of those are not standing at the next election, and others likely to lose their seats.

I'm not a natural Tory. But there are many decent people within their ranks. As recently as 2 years ago, the Reform Party was looking to enter some sort of pact with the Tories. Now? They are fancying their chances of replacing them.

Do you think that he appears weak because of what he has inherited, or that he is weak?
    Both. Although more the former than the latter.

His early election strategies appear to be to take from the poor, to give to the rich.
    Which seems spectacularly dim.
    The Tories are likely to be remembered for their dimness over the last 14 years.
    I think it is the last 7 years, rather than 14. Starting with Cameron promising the Referendum, failing to campaign for what he believed in, and flouncing off. As though it was nothing to do with him.

The other danger is that they may not get remembered. At all. Other than as Reform Party lite.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,193
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

The scale of the decline within the Conservative Party is staggering.

Rishi Sunak was supposed to be the compromise candidate to lead the Party. Acceptable to the Moderates, and the various Right Wing factions.

Trouble stems from the fact that he is weak, and facing a massive defeat at the next Election. Whereupon the battle will start between the various factions, Probably the Right Wing groups supporting Braverman, the ones supporting Badenoch, and some form of Candidate from the Moderate Wing-although a lot of those are not standing at the next election, and others likely to lose their seats.

I'm not a natural Tory. But there are many decent people within their ranks. As recently as 2 years ago, the Reform Party was looking to enter some sort of pact with the Tories. Now? They are fancying their chances of replacing them.

Do you think that he appears weak because of what he has inherited, or that he is weak?
    Both. Although more the former than the latter.

His early election strategies appear to be to take from the poor, to give to the rich.
    Which seems spectacularly dim.
    The Tories are likely to be remembered for their dimness over the last 14 years.
    I think it is the last 7 years, rather than 14. Starting with Cameron promising the Referendum, failing to campaign for what he believed in, and flouncing off. As though it was nothing to do with him.

The other danger is that they may not get remembered. At all. Other than as Reform Party lite.
    Ian Hislop reviews the insanity of 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbXQWqZ2RvA
  • Options
  • Options
    Why Tory talk is turning – again – to a change of leadership

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/why-tory-talk-turning-again-144011031.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Tax cuts in an Election year, who'd have guessed?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Tax cuts in an Election year, who'd have guessed?

They are likely to have a plan in place to take it back with the other hand.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    Man approached Wise Man.

"I have a 2-roomed hut. I have a wife and 14 children. The noise. The cramped living conditions. It's terrible"

"Do you have chickens?"

"Er....yes"

"Move the chickens in, and come back in 2 weeks."

2 weeks later...

"I have a 2-roomed hut. I have a wife, 14 children, and 20 chickens. The noise, the cramped living conditions. It's terrible."

"Move the chickens out. Come back in 1 week."

1 week later...

"Thanks Wise Man. Life is so much better without the chickens. You have solved my problem."
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,623
    Well I would like to say this lot will be voted out. My stance is that whatever they offer now to little to late.

Unfortunately though this can easily be verified on facebook that there is a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of a tory victory. simply go to keir starmers page and every single comment is negative not a single positive. Tories recieve a lot of negative comments but they do have some positive comments there.

The tories have successfuly smeared labour and it is seen as a two horse race.

and once the tories learn they can get away with squeezing everyone to support the super rich and give more and more to the super rich whilst pushing more and more people into destitution it wuill get far worse.

I predict slave labour camps which has already been talked about from Lee Anderson when he mentioned about people been forced to live in tents and pick fruit but was strongly rebuked by suella braverman on the account of these people should not have tents!!!!,

pod living may become a thing for the those not in slavery in the coming years. Basically you know those Japanese hotels where people sleep in a single pod year thats likely going to be day to day living for large segments of the unenslaved in the UK in the coming years.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,511
    There is always the " Right to Die "
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    A cut in corporation tax is probably necessary post-Brexit. Tax reform is desperately needed but giveaways definitely aren't needed.

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Bean81 said:

A cut in corporation tax is probably necessary post-Brexit. Tax reform is desperately needed but giveaways definitely aren't needed.

Agreed, but not a big enough vote winner for the desperate Tories.
    If they promise ‘tax cuts’ which Labour can’t, it may reduce the losses in seats.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options