You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Why

Comments

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,832
    Protesters paint over 'unnecessary' English place names on road signs.

Think we should send " Stop Oil Protesters " to protest the unnecessary use of oil......
    Anyone get the feeling the Country is divided.

And we think the N.H.S. is bad. U.S. Hospital & Police Force.

Mother told daughter was discharged from hospital, but a year later her body is found in the morgue.

The Police not much better after Family report her missing they took a year too discover she had not left the Hospital alive.
    Keir Starmer reeling as Labour membership hits 10 year low under his leadership.!
    tweedledee, has KnightHood from tweedle dumb.

Keir Starmer blasted for 'chaotic' first 50 days in scathing comparison to 14 years of Tories: 'He's unqualified!'

Not true Labour Party member .....

edited August 24
    Why!

Households urged to close windows from 7pm to 6am for next month.

Spiders will invade your home looking for a mate .... then stay for Winter.
    Conflict looming.....

The Hungarian Prime Minister, Viktor Orbán, deemed the court's decision as "outrageous and unacceptable" and lashed out on X, saying: "The ECJ's decision to fine Hungary with 200M euros plus 1M euros daily(!!!) for defending the borders of the European Union is outrageous and unacceptable. It seems that illegal migrants are more important to the Brussels bureaucrats than their own European citizens."
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,242
    edited September 5
    goldon said:

Conflict looming.....

The Hungarian Prime Minister, Viktor Orbán, deemed the court's decision as "outrageous and unacceptable" and lashed out on X, saying: "The ECJ's decision to fine Hungary with 200M euros plus 1M euros daily(!!!) for defending the borders of the European Union is outrageous and unacceptable. It seems that illegal migrants are more important to the Brussels bureaucrats than their own European citizens."

it's all planned..
    The "elites" need their slave workforce..
    You can have too much of a ( Good Thing )

Strange then France are allowing them to escape by boat over the ( English Channel )
    goldon said:

You can have too much of a ( Good Thing )

Strange then France are allowing them to escape by boat over the ( English Channel )

With the open borders in the EU, Schengen agreement, they can just move them around where needed.
    Not going to bite.

toot toot B)
    Why they sitting on Hydrogen and not us.......

BMW will sell its first hydrogen car from 2028 - and it could have a range of almost 500 MILES and refuel in a matter of minutes.
    The Paperboy not selling the " Hot Potato " Story.

Why won’t the England manager sing the national anthem?
    Another " Hot Potato " Two in a Pod...

Two pensioners have decided to end their lives together in a suicide pod rather than being ‘trapped by infirmity and pain’ in a crumbing NHS.

Retired RAF engineer Peter Scott, 86, said he can’t bear the thought of living without former nurse Christine, 80, since her diagnosis with early-stage vascular dementia, and has opted to die with her.

‘Look at the alternative’, Peter said during an interview at their home in the village of Mellis, Suffolk.

‘The chances of getting prompt NHS treatment for the ailments of old age seem pretty remote so you end up trapped by infirmity and pain.

‘I don’t want to go into care, to be lying in bed dribbling and incontinent – I don’t call that a life.
    ‘Finally, the Government swoops in to take your savings and your house to pay for it all.’

He added: ‘We have had long, happy, healthy, fulfilled lives but here we are in old age and it does not do nice things to you.

‘The idea of watching the slow degradation of Chris’s mental abilities in parallel to my own physical decline is horrific to me.

‘Obviously I would care for her to the point I could not, but she has nursed enough people with dementia during her career to be adamant she wants to remain in control of herself and her life.

‘Assisted dying gives her that opportunity and I would not want to go on living without her.

‘We understand other people may not share our feelings and we respect their position. What we want is the right to choose.

‘I find it deeply depressing we can’t do that here in the UK.’

Instead they must travel to Switzerland, where voluntary assisted suicide – when somebody is given the means to end their own life – has been legal since 1942.

They’re trying to sign up with The Last Resort, which offers a new and untested method so controversial it’s banned in one Swiss region.

Philip Nitschke’s Sarco suicide pod has been embroiled in ethical and legal controversy (Picture: Denis Balibouse/Reuters)
    Created by Australian-born Philip Nitschke – dubbed ‘Doctor Death’ – Sarco is supposed to work within 10 minutes by rapidly replacing oxygen with nitrogen.

His company Exit International’s website describes the concept as ‘a peaceful, even euphoric death’, with the user’s breath stopping after they lose consciousness.

Critics call it a ‘glorified gas chamber, which, according to one Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) review, could cause a painful death if it malfunctions.

Even other assisted dying organisations, like Dignitas and Lifecircle, which typically charge £10,000, have shunned Sarco.

Although a lawyer hired by Exit International claimed there was no conflict with Swiss law, this was described as ‘incorrect or at least misleading’ by Neue Zürcher Zeitung newspaper in 2021.

Philip Nitschke is called ‘Doctor Death’ by his critics .

Then earlier this year, in July, public prosecutors threatened five years in prison for anyone who uses the pod to assist a death in the Swiss canton of Schaffhausen.

Dr Nitschke had been hoping for Sarco’s first use to go ahead later that month, although he had earlier aimed for 2022.

The 3D-printed pod, with an inbuilt camera to record footage for a coroner, is ready to go, with a two-person version also ready for launch.

Dr Nitschke told The Mail on Sunday: ‘The capsule for two people works exactly the same as the single Sarco but there is only one button so they will decide between them who will push it.

‘Then they’ll be able to hold each other and one of them will push the button.’

Peter and Christine, grandparents of six who first met at a jazz club, are already planning their last days.

‘I’d like to go walking with Peter in the Swiss Alps, by a river’, Christine said.

‘I’d have a beautiful plate of fish for my last supper, and enjoy a great bottle of Merlot.

‘I’d make a playlist including Wild Cat Blues and The Young Ones by Cliff Richard and I’ve found a poem called Miss Me But Let Me Go, which sums up exactly how I feel.’

Christine and Peter’s decision has taken some getting used to for their kids (Picture: Les Wilson/MOS)
    When they’re dead, they’d like to be cremated with their ashes scattered in the graveyard of their local church.

Despite encouraging them to move into a retirement home, the Scotts’ children have reluctantly agreed to respect their parents’ wishes.

Christine said: ‘It’s a lovely life but I have this diagnosis, and that’s crystallised our thinking.

‘Medicine can slow vascular dementia but it can’t stop it. At the point I thought I was losing myself, I’d say, “This is it, Pete, I don’t want to go any further”.’

Pete added: ‘I’ve said to her, “You make the decision and I’ll be with you”. Death holds no problem for me whatsoever.

‘I’d just give her a big hug and say, “Hope to see you later”.’

Prime Minister Keir Starmer has promised to allow Labour MPs a free vote on assisted dying laws.

He backed an unsuccessful 2015 bill which would have legalised it for terminally ill people, but proposals to include other people are more contested.

Just in case they've gone unnoticed.

Did you ever wonder why ..... cough, sob!. sigh!, Hic! are in my posts.

What! you haven't & don't care....... sob!
    If the Dirty Dozen are looking in you are not forgotten we all walk with you.

No pain no gain....... uck it oop

Exact date 248-mile African plume set to roast UK as weather maps turn dark red.

A late summer heatwave could be just around the corner for Brits, but not before they endure an unseasonably cold spell.

The UK is bracing for a low-pressure system this week, giving many an early taste of autumn. With rain, gale-force winds and a generally cooler feel, Brits will be reaching for their extra layers. However it's not time to pack away the sun cream and shorts just yet.

New weather maps from Netweather reveal temperatures almost bouncing back mid-month, after a brief five-day period of chilly nights due to a low pressure system bringing heavy rain to parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland and even the eastern coast of England.

The Met Office confirmed: "Looking further ahead, milder air from the Atlantic is expected to push back across the country later on Friday and more especially into the weekend, cutting off the cold air from the north and seeing a return to temperatures nearer average for the time of year."