You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

General Election

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,503
    edited June 14
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Labour have a simple way of winning this Election. They only need to promise 1 thing.

That they won't be quite as sh1t as the Tories. That's it.

What surprises me about the Conservative campaign is just how few Senior Tories are doing anything. Who have we seen campaigning for Sunak? Cleverly. Mordaunt. Afolabi. Hunt. That's about it.

Whereas Badenoch, Braverman, Priti Patel and a host of Cabinet Ministers are nowhere to be seen. Because their own political ambitions are best served by a disastrous Election result.

I couldnt disagree.
    The missing Tories would probably put moderate people off them anyway.
    A bit disappointing if we end up paying more tax under Lbour though.
    It is not the moderate people they are currently losing. They lost a large portion of those under Johnson and Truss. They are currently shedding a lot of their further Right Wing voters to Reform. And an awful lot of Tory MPs and Tory Members are supporting Farage. Who, last time I looked, is not only in a different Party but is looking to take over the Tory Party.

Disloyal bunch. I sincerely hope the next Tory Leader is someone who has actually been Loyal when the Party needs them.

PS. We will pay more tax under Labour. Because the tax bill is forever going up. Under every single Govt. Including the last 14 years while spending on a whole host of things have been neglected. It is the only inevitable result of every election.
    Any moderate person will not be keen on the ones that are missing.
    Do you think that Farages popularity is a reflection of how our country has changed?
    According to Ed we will pay more tax under the Tories if they won, but not quite as much as we will pay under labour.
    No. I do not.

Farage's popularity merely means you can fool some of the people all of the time. If he gets elected, he won't bother turning up. He never did while an MEP.

On current projections, he will be the only MP for Reform. And they are only believed to be running 2nd in another 3 seats. 3rd or lower in the other 640-odd.

Here are the Parties that are currently expected to get more Seats than Reform:-

Labour
    Conservatives
    Lib Dems
    SNP
    Sinn Fein
    DUP
    Plaid Cymru
    Greens
    SDLP

So-10th largest Party

Only thing it shows is just how disloyal the Tory Party faithful are.

PS. Elections in the last 15 years have tended to show a 60/40 split. In favour of the Right. With the votes of the Right far more 1 Party based than the Left (think Lib Dems, SNP, Greens etc).

All that has happened is that the vote is now 60/40 pro Left leaning Parties. And the Right is no longer dominated by just the 1 Party
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,853
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Labour have a simple way of winning this Election. They only need to promise 1 thing.

What surprises me about the Conservative campaign is just how few Senior Tories are doing anything. Who have we seen campaigning for Sunak? Cleverly. Mordaunt. Afolabi. Hunt. That's about it.

Whereas Badenoch, Braverman, Priti Patel and a host of Cabinet Ministers are nowhere to be seen. Because their own political ambitions are best served by a disastrous Election result.

I couldnt disagree.
    It is not the moderate people they are currently losing. They lost a large portion of those under Johnson and Truss. They are currently shedding a lot of their further Right Wing voters to Reform. And an awful lot of Tory MPs and Tory Members are supporting Farage. Who, last time I looked, is not only in a different Party but is looking to take over the Tory Party.

Disloyal bunch. I sincerely hope the next Tory Leader is someone who has actually been Loyal when the Party needs them.

PS. We will pay more tax under Labour. Because the tax bill is forever going up. Under every single Govt. Including the last 14 years while spending on a whole host of things have been neglected. It is the only inevitable result of every election.
    Do you think that Farages popularity is a reflection of how our country has changed?
    According to Ed we will pay more tax under the Tories if they won, but not quite as much as we will pay under labour.
    No. I do not.

Farage's popularity merely means you can fool some of the people all of the time. If he gets elected, he won't bother turning up. He never did while an MEP.

On current projections, he will be the only MP for Reform. And they are only believed to be running 2nd in another 3 seats. 3rd or lower in the other 640-odd.

Here are the Parties that are currently expected to get more Seats than Reform:-

Labour
    Conservatives
    Lib Dems
    SNP
    Sinn Fein
    DUP
    Plaid Cymru
    Greens
    SDLP

So-10th largest Party

PS. Elections in the last 15 years have tended to show a 60/40 split. In favour of the Right. With the votes of the Right far more 1 Party based than the Left (think Lib Dems, SNP, Greens etc).

All that has happened is that the vote is now 60/40 pro Left leaning Parties. And the Right is no longer dominated by just the 1 Party
    Ok.
    I was just thinking that my Dads generation probably wouldnt have listened to a word he had to say.

Labour’s £8.6bn in tax rises are tip of the iceberg, economists warn

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/labour-s-8-6bn-in-tax-rises-are-tip-of-the-iceberg-economists-warn/ar-BB1oape0?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=c8f0b3d2696c4ba986d6634bcc00da1a&ei=20#fullscreen
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,963
    I think reform will win the election after the next one I have until the end of the labour term to get out before its too late.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    Doubleme said:

I think reform will win the election after the next one I have until the end of the labour term to get out before its too late.

Please go soon, you cant post from abroad.
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I couldnt disagree.

No. I do not.

Labour
    Conservatives
    Lib Dems
    SNP
    Sinn Fein
    DUP
    Plaid Cymru
    Greens
    SDLP

So-10th largest Party

Panorama viewers predict 'kiss of death' for Keir Starmer as they 'expose' his policies

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/panorama-viewers-predict-kiss-of-death-for-keir-starmer-as-they-expose-his-policies/ar-BB1ofoLH?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=cf5b3415c13d44149a27a6676808361e&ei=12#fullscreen
    Labour red tape will cost British business billions

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/labour-red-tape-cost-british-155911401.html
    ‘Zionist devil’ insults hurled at Labour MP canvassing outside mosque

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/zionist-devil-insults-hurled-labour-171817557.html
    Former subpostmaster criticises ‘buffoonery’ of Sir Ed Davey campaign

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/former-subpostmaster-criticises-buffoonery-sir-103444597.html
    Reform candidate resigns after urging people to vote for BNP in historic comments

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/reform-candidate-resigns-urging-people-064141257.html
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,503
    HAYSIE said:
    The Daily Torygraph. Used to be a decent, albeit rather Right Wing, newspaper. Traditionally, the paper of choice of Retired Colonels.

Used to be a popular newspaper. Certainly the best selling Broadsheet.

Withdrew from the main auditing body for newspaper circulation years ago, when its readership had already plummeted far more than other newspapers.

The only point of interest is whether it might be the first paper to support Reform. It (and its few readers) certainly regard Sunak as a woolly Liberal.

And the Headline? There is a rather simple reason why Streeting (or anyone else) cannot "rule out" Council Tax rises.

Simply because they are set by Local Govt. Not Central Govt. How desperate is that Headline?

PS. There was an earlier Headline you quoted (from the Times) which said Sunak must "go for the jugular" and "personal attacks on Starmer are the only option". They only become the "only option" if you have lost the War on Policy, Direction for the Future, and the Economy...
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:
    The Daily Torygraph. Used to be a decent, albeit rather Right Wing, newspaper. Traditionally, the paper of choice of Retired Colonels.

Used to be a popular newspaper. Certainly the best selling Broadsheet.

Withdrew from the main auditing body for newspaper circulation years ago, when its readership had already plummeted far more than other newspapers.

The only point of interest is whether it might be the first paper to support Reform. It (and its few readers) certainly regard Sunak as a woolly Liberal.

And the Headline? There is a rather simple reason why Streeting (or anyone else) cannot "rule out" Council Tax rises.

Simply because they are set by Local Govt. Not Central Govt. How desperate is that Headline?

PS. There was an earlier Headline you quoted (from the Times) which said Sunak must "go for the jugular" and "personal attacks on Starmer are the only option". They only become the "only option" if you have lost the War on Policy, Direction for the Future, and the Economy...
    I am not sure that the general public are very keen on those that attack the opposition.
    Going back to my double glazing days, I lost count of the people that said they were annoyed by the fact that some of the salespeople they had already seen, were under the impression that they could sell their products by merely sl agging off the competition.
    It rarely worked.
    Much better to sell the benefits of your own product.