You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

WSOP 2024 - Photos, news, Tweets & general goss

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

The 2024 WSOP has begun.

Please feel free to add to the thread by posting anything of interest from this year's WSOP.

I'll try & post a few photos as we go along, plus news of any Brits doing well, but really it would be great if some of you contributed or commented too.

Also any questions about the WSOP, fire away. I may not be able to answer them, but between us, we probably know someone who will.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    edited May 29

This man never looks any different. Note he's got an angle - "buy my book". In Vegas, everyone has an angle...

I should add acknowledgement to WSOP.com for many of the 'photos you might see.

Huck Seed's got himself a weirdo beardo...

He has 4 WSOP Bracelets incidentally.

This is him back in the day...

edited May 29
    Dan Harrington starting to look his age...

Jack Effell looking well, looks like he's lost a few stones.

A very polarising figure. Must confess, I like him very much. Being "Headmaster" to thousands of poker players, none of whom are ever wrong & many of whom lack social skills due to spending so much time "grinding" online is not an easy gig at all.

Event # 1 Event #1: $5,000 Champions Reunion No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout (8-Handed) began yesterday with 499 players, of whom 99 remain.

Chip leader seems to be Qui Nguyen with 663,000. ("Nguyen" is pronounced "Win").

Top Brit seems to be Darius Samuel (475,000), who is shown as coming from Grimsby.

The only other Brit I could see was Toby Lewis with 104,000.

Vegas tips from Joey Ingram;

1. Get a humidifier ASAP for your room - Vegas is super dry and this will help you breathe

2. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated over long sessions - dehydration can severely impact your ability to focus

Ready to go....

Over at Bellagio in the cash games, seems like Matt Berkey had a good night.

Anyone care to guess how much he has in front of him? (PS - I don't know the answer).

Current leader in "Worst Tweet of the 2024 WSOP" is this....

"crowded wsop hallways, long bathroom lines & sitting at a table for 12 hrs with a cocky/energetic gen-zer"

Mate, you are one of the luckiest guys in the world to be playing the WSOP & probably spending tens of thousands of dollars. If you are going to moan about it before it's barely started, you need a reality check.

Here's the GREAT MAN himself, Allan Kessler, aka Chainsaw.

I might just post all his tweets as the Series progresses & do it on a separate thread. Like him or loathe him (there's no in-between) he is some character...

This was over at Venetian, but a perfect example of how PLO8 pots can get real messy...

https://x.com/AllenKessler/status/1795222285743190270

That'll do for now.

I'll try & post stuff as & when time & opportunity presents itself, but please make your own contributions, or at least comment if you see anything that piques your interest.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,269
    edited May 29
    Tikay10 said:

This man never looks any different. Note he's got an angle - "buy my book". In Vegas, everyone has an angle...

His head looks like the Boiled Egg I had for breakfast ...... with a bit of hair :D

Just wish I had the Poker Knowledge inside the 'Boiled Egg'
    edited May 29
    Tikay10 said:

Dan Harrington starting to look his age...

Defo looks too old and not good looking enough to be @glencoelad ;)
    It would be good to see Danny @FeelGroggy with a Nice Shiny New Bracelet at the Manchester SPT

Good Luck out there Groggy mate .....

RUN GOLDEN

B):)
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 874
    Tikay10 said:

The 2024 WSOP has begun.

Please feel free to add to the thread by posting anything of interest from this year's WSOP.

I'll try & post a few photos as we go along, plus news of any Brits doing well, but really it would be great if some of you contributed or commented too.

Also any questions about the WSOP, fire away. I may not be able to answer them, but between us, we probably know someone who will.

Are you there Tikay?
    Tikay10 said:

Over at Bellagio in the cash games, seems like Matt Berkey had a good night.

Anyone care to guess how much he has in front of him? (PS - I don't know the answer).

Nowhere near as many as Gareth @GSmith13 had at 6.30am in 2019........

It was like looking at the

'Great Wall of China' B):)