You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

WSOP 2024 - Photos, news, Tweets & general goss

Comments

• JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 357
    edited May 31
    A lot of early controversy in the early stages of this years WSOP around the use of solvers again at the table. Why on earth do people persist on trying this, it is just baffling to me and should never be tolerated at any table live for me. :# Thoughts?

https://x.com/ChipBurglar/status/1796395786449965212

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Tikay10 said:

In the $1,500 Omaha 8 or Better, here's a blast from the past, Sammy Fahra.

Such a cool dude.
    If he would’ve called Chris Moneymakers bluff heads up in the main event would we have had a poker boom?
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,834
    edited May 31
    Brit Daniel Willis wins a bracelet in the $500 event
  • roddy28roddy28 Member Posts: 32
    Tikay10 said:

This man never looks any different. Note he's got an angle - "buy my book". In Vegas, everyone has an angle...

I played with him a few years ago in vegas in some $500 tournament in wynn. When he busted he gave the person who put him out a signed fossil. Which I thought was quite a nice touch tbh.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    roddy28 said:

Tikay10 said:

This man never looks any different. Note he's got an angle - "buy my book". In Vegas, everyone has an angle...

I played with him a few years ago in vegas in some $500 tournament in wynn. When he busted he gave the person who put him out a signed fossil. Which I thought was quite a nice touch tbh.
    @roddy28

Think he's done that for years.

He's become something of a figure of fun to the younger generation, & that business with the prostitute did not exactly help his image, but he's actually a decent guy at the table imo.

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    Tikay10 said:

roddy28 said:

Tikay10 said:

@roddy28

He's become something of a figure of fun to the younger generation, & that business with the prostitute did not exactly help his image, but he's actually a decent guy at the table imo.

What business with a prostitute? Please tell. Seems like quite a common occurrence in the US, let's just hope he didn't pay any hush money.
    edited June 1
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

roddy28 said:

Tikay10 said:

@roddy28

What business with a prostitute? Please tell. Seems like quite a common occurrence in the US, let's just hope he didn't pay any hush money.

@Enut

The short version;

In March 2013 Raymer was arrested for soliciting a prostitute in North Carolina. The charges were dropped after he completed 75 hours of community service.

From Wiki, here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Raymer

PokerNews...

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/03/greg-raymer-arrested-in-wake-forest-prostitution-sting-14522.htm

And there was - of course - a VERY long (55 page) 2 + 2 thread where of course all the 2+2 kidz sat in judgement.

You'd need all day to read it all.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/greg-raymer-arrested-prostitution-sting-1311125/
  • MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 116
    I do not play Omaha but would think this run out would be pretty unusual

https://x.com/RealKidPoker/status/1800782449158537321
    MARK277 said:

@MARK277

Ha, not one you'd see very often.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    MARK277 said:

Just a waste of quads really. :D
  • NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 863
    That bloke did look a bit like me. Even I did a double take. In other news I had a nice chat with Chufty earlier (Richard Ashby). He was delighted to win his 2nd bracelet. It was stud and he had been down to 3000 when the ante was 1000.

Meanwhile my Mrs couldn't believe it was ten years since Ivey last won a bracelet. He probably hasn't played what Negreanu would play in one year in that time I'd guess.

Couldn't see your name in the $10,000 Big O Tikay? Early exit?
    edited June 15
    NChanning said:

That bloke did look a bit like me. Even I did a double take. In other news I had a nice chat with Chufty earlier (Richard Ashby). He was delighted to win his 2nd bracelet. It was stud and he had been down to 3000 when the ante was 1000.

Meanwhile my Mrs couldn't believe it was ten years since Ivey last won a bracelet. He probably hasn't played what Negreanu would play in one year in that time I'd guess.

@NChanning

Morning Neil.

What a wonderful result, thrilled for Chufty. Brit on Brit Heads Up too, Adam Owen is a mate & I like him very much too, sounds like he was a shade unlucky. Fair play to Chufty though, doubt he ever plays Stud except at the WSOP & that's the 2nd time he's won the "same" bracelet, the first being 14 years ago. Top tekkers as the kids say, though I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Me play the $10,000 Big O? I wish. Timing was all wrong again this year, it'll almost all be over by the time I get there. Doubt I'd ever play the $10,000 version, they'd eat me alive, but I'd deffo play the baby version ($1,500?) & the Omaha Mix where, provided the cards were kind, I'd fancy myself to be reasonably competitive still. The clock is ticking ever louder, & my bucket list includes being in Vegas for the whole Series. I used to do 3 weeks every year but always wanted to be there for the duration, but life (Gill, Sky Poker) got in the way, in the nicest possible way of course. Would only play mostly smaller stuff around town, all the O8, PLO & Big 0, Stud Hi-Lo, plus 3 or 4 of the small ($1.5k, $2k, $2.5k, $3k max) WSOP affairs in the same formats. Lots of things have to fall into place to make it possible, but it's certainly in my mind that I need to do it sooner rather than later, ideally next year.

I happened to look at my THM a few days ago & was surprised to see my results in Vegas in 2012, this was over a 4 day spell;

Won the PLO at Golden Nugget on the 20th for $2,180, (probably chopped it),

12th in a Mega Stack PLO 2 days later for $731

6th in a PLO8 at Wynn 2 days later for $2,423

12th in the WSOP PLO8 2 days later for $15,078

I had clean forgotten that trip but I must have run unbelievably hot. The game has changed, the kids play SO much better these days, but you never know, I might have a squeak.

Ahh, Memory Lane, love going down that road.

• Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 578
    NChanning said:

I don't know Chufty, but I was pleased to see him win. His record in some of the "unpopular" games looks superb.
  • Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 578
    Not sure why this guy hasn't been banned yet - it seems like the WSOP handled things badly:

https://youtu.be/rtVER_qrwpE?si=9olI0fcpB4rCuGsz
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    Tikay10 said:

Jack Effell looking well, looks like he's lost a few stones.

A very polarising figure. Must confess, I like him very much. Being "Headmaster" to thousands of poker players, none of whom are ever wrong & many of whom lack social skills due to spending so much time "grinding" online is not an easy gig at all.

or they grind online a lot because they lacked the social skills to begin with to succeed in other endeavours.

its hard to admit your wrong but I think with age people learn they are wrong very often so it becomes more comfortable to do so.

That applies to everyone.
  • DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 241
    Tikay10 said:

NChanning said:

@NChanning

Morning Neil.

What a wonderful result, thrilled for Chufty. Brit on Brit Heads Up too, Adam Owen is a mate & I like him very much too, sounds like he was a shade unlucky. Fair play to Chufty though, doubt he ever plays Stud except at the WSOP & that's the 2nd time he's won the "same" bracelet, the first being 14 years ago. Top tekkers as the kids say, though I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Me play the $10,000 Big O? I wish. Timing was all wrong again this year, it'll almost all be over by the time I get there. Doubt I'd ever play the $10,000 version, they'd eat me alive, but I'd deffo play the baby version ($1,500?) & the Omaha Mix where, provided the cards were kind, I'd fancy myself to be reasonably competitive still. The clock is ticking ever louder, & my bucket list includes being in Vegas for the whole Series. I used to do 3 weeks every year but always wanted to be there for the duration, but life (Gill, Sky Poker) got in the way, in the nicest possible way of course. Would only play mostly smaller stuff around town, all the O8, PLO & Big 0, Stud Hi-Lo, plus 3 or 4 of the small ($1.5k, $2k, $2.5k, $3k max) WSOP affairs in the same formats. Lots of things have to fall into place to make it possible, but it's certainly in my mind that I need to do it sooner rather than later, ideally next year.

I happened to look at my THM a few days ago & was surprised to see my results in Vegas in 2012, this was over a 4 day spell;

I had clean forgotten that trip but I must have run unbelievably hot. The game has changed, the kids play SO much better these days, but you never know, I might have a squeak.

Pretty sure I talked you into that WSOP, and dare say it was at the Wynn. Think it was your first WSOP event and I had a chunk. Think someone tried claiming a pot with their trips using 3 of their own cards when there was only 20 or so left. Would say the game was easier then.

You'll be still fine in the O8, always someone massacring a hand in PLO8 even nowadays. Hi Allen.
    edited June 22
    Doooobs said:

Tikay10 said:

NChanning said:

@NChanning

Morning Neil.

Pretty sure I talked you into that WSOP, and dare say it was at the Wynn. Think it was your first WSOP event and I had a chunk. Think someone tried claiming a pot with their trips using 3 of their own cards when there was only 20 or so left. Would say the game was easier then.

You'll be still fine in the O8, always someone massacring a hand in PLO8 even nowadays. Hi Allen.

@Doooobs

You certainly coaxed me to play, & yes, I think you had some of my action. You & I had some great times out there.

And yes, we were down to 4 tables & a bloke turned his hand over & said "send it, I have quad two's", which raised a few eyebrows as there were no deuces on the Board. Only then did we realise he had 4 deuces in his hand & thought he had quads. And here's the point of the story - it had 978 entries, & we were down to 4 tables (say 36) & this bloke did not even know the rules of PLO/PLO8, & thought 4 of a kind in his hand was quads. How could he have run that deep without knowing what an Omaha hand was?

We all felt pretty silly, as he'd been betting us all off made hands, & we had been folding all the time as we assumed he always had it...

PS - I've been out all day, offline since 6am, so no time to do the daily MTT review, but I did see you won the Avenger Main, very well done David.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    News c/o Grosvenor Poker

Congratulations to the three UK Players who banked 6 figure scores last night at the WSOP in Vegas.

Mad Turk - 2nd in Event #59 for $238,748!
    Gary Fisher - 5th in Event #59 for $101,606!
    Marc Foggin - 6th in Event #60 for $132,978!