You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WSOP Live Update - Three go into Four!

Comments

• Options
    lozgolozgo Member Posts: 1,124
    edited July 2010
    well if ONE of our team has to go out before cashing then the bubble would be some consolation!!
  • Options
    Loki-RogyLoki-Rogy Member Posts: 213
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP Live Update - Three go into Four!:
    We were presented with a right dilemma this morning. One of our trade contacts offered us inteviews with Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, & Phil Laak, all of whom would be "available to us" at noon today. At The Bellagio....... Which would be rather good, but there's no way we can leave The Rio, or desert our three players, even for an hour, so that's that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sure you can stretch to a taxi fare to get them all down to the Rio?
    Problem is they'd probably argue over position in the back seat...
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited July 2010
    We were presented with a right dilemma this morning. One of our trade contacts offered us inteviews with Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, & Phil Laak, all of whom would be "available to us" at noon today. At The Bellagio....... Which would be rather good, but there's no way we can leave The Rio, or desert our three players, even for an hour, so that's that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Phil Who???

Absolutely the right decision to stay close to "our" team.
    We all want to be kept up-to-date on their progress.
  • Options
    candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP Live Update - Three go into Four! : Phil Who??? Absolutely the right decision to stay close to "our" team. We all want to be kept up-to-date on their progress.
    Posted by MereNovice
    indeed xxx
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited July 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good call.. no competition.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250
    edited July 2010
    What are the blinds/antes when play resumes?
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    1,200/2,400/300 for ONE HOUR. (They "split" the Levels overnight, for some inexplicable reason).

They then go 1,500/3,000/400 for the next TWO HOUR Level.
  • Options
    LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited July 2010

GO GET EM GUYS AND GIRLS,GL ALL. ONE TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    chubberschubbers Member Posts: 491
    edited July 2010
    Gl to Guy, Sue and Tony, lets hope you all make it through to the cash bubble at the very least, hopefully Day 5, then who knows. November in vegas be nice....
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited July 2010
    Ivey, Hellmuth and Laak? That bunch of losers are all out, they're just looking for something to do to fill their spare time. We'd rather see interviews with people who are still in the thing. Sue, Guy and Tony for example.
  • Options
    edited July 2010

At 11am local (that's in 3 minutes time) we will interview Guy, Sue, & Tony, & then it will get uploaded pretty sharpish, usual address.

• Options
    chubberschubbers Member Posts: 491
    edited July 2010
    Must also thank Tikay and Claire for there unbelievable work since they arrived in vegas.
    You've done Sky poker proud, Keeping us upto date with blogs, photo's and interviews, plus constant updating of chip stacks...

hopefully you'll have to keep doing it for another few days though...
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I feel we might be lucky today. The cardrooms here cover acres, & it's a nightmare to find players, & move from area to area.

But our three players are on Tables 261, 264, & 270 today - could not be closer, or better!

• Options
    candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited July 2010
    At 11am local (that's in 3 minutes time) we will interview Guy, Sue, & Tony, & then it will get uploaded pretty sharpish, usual address.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay and Claire. It will be nice to see how our players are feeling about today : ) xxx
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited July 2010
    I feel we might be lucky today. The cardrooms here cover acres, & it's a nightmare to find players, & move from area to area. But our three players are on Tables 261, 264, & 270 today - could not be closer, or better!
    Posted by Tikay10
    The bad news is that they've moved all the tables around (super-market style) so you'll have to walk miles to find the things that you want.  ;-)))
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited July 2010
    I feel we might be lucky today. The cardrooms here cover acres, & it's a nightmare to find players, & move from area to area. But our three players are on Tables 261, 264, & 270 today - could not be closer, or better!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I've been wondering how they determine a players exit position when they bust out, considering the sheer scale of the place and so much action going on. You could have All-Ins at one end of the room and AIs at the other end - how do they co-ordinate it?

• Options
    edited July 2010

Message from Tony Stroud:

BIG thanks for all the messages of support, & comments on his Blogs.

He's stuck for time right now, but will reply in due course.

The interview with all three has been recorded & will be up soon.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited July 2010
    GL guys and gal, and Tikay, are you and Claire not gonna stay on for a couple of days at the end for some R and R, she seems quite keen for the two of you to get back ASAP after the final whistle. Does she not know all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!! She sounds like a right slave driver to me - so go on girl, give the guy a break lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GL guys and gal, and Tikay, are you and Claire not gonna stay on for a couple of days at the end for some R and R, she seems quite keen for the two of you to get back ASAP after the final whistle. Does she not know all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!! She sounds like a right slave driver to me, no wonder you call her Attila - so go on girl, give the guy a break lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Thanks Loony.

All joking aside, Claire has never told me to do a thing, we just "fit" well, both of us enjoy hard work, & it's been a wonderful time for me.

Personally, yeah, I'd kind of like to stay on for a few days R & R, but I'm PTP on Friday, & I'm doing the Live TV Show on Saturday, & I don't want to miss either. I've not done a single Show yet in July, so I need to get back to doing my day job! 

Anyway, I'm sure there's some Live poker in the UK this weekend, & I'll almost certainly be at either Luton or DTD on Sunday.

I also need to catch up on a HUGE backlog of "work" e-Mails & PM's, there must be, & I jest not, 500 or more. I need a full day to clear that lot.
  • Options
    LightwoodLightwood Member Posts: 224
    edited July 2010
    Good Luck to the Three Amigos - Ariba, Ariba!

Will be keeping up with your progress throughout the night here - be patient and get into the dosh.

Super effort thus far just keep it going!

Lot's of positive vibes and hopefully good luck coming down the wires as I type.
  • Options
    177272177272 Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2010

Positive energy sent to all 3 players, glglglglglglglgl

Steve