You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

THE END OF AN ERA.......

mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys n girls seems like ive been permantley chat banned, im of good luck all, mickjenn1 is no longer

Comments

• MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited August 2009
    isit ur 3rd ban m8????
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    wot u done?
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Reason???
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    I was chat banned one before and learnt my lesson.

If you cant stick within the rules don't throw your toys out of the pram.

The CS team at Sky are probably the best of any poker site and in my experience are always fair.

Good luck at whatever poker site you end up at, however I have a feeling that you will still be on Sky every day.
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited August 2009
    What happened mate...? How long does a ban last for...?
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA.......:
    What happened mate...? How long does a ban last for...?
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Hi m8

Unfortunately, as mick says the ban is permanent and I dont think he knows what it is for, I wonder if it is possible to appeal against anything like this? to be able to get to know what a ban has been implemented (Not by whom of course) for and why it is felt that a ban is necessary.

I also wonder if Sky Poker have a copy of the part of the chat that has been allegedly deemed to be abusive/offensive?, or is it on the "Players word"?

The only reason I ask is that I worry that if there is a vidictive player who wants to get there own back for whatever reason it would be simple for that player, after the event to contact customer services and report abuse and a player is banned for something he or she may not have done.

I would be grateful if you could give me any guidlines about this please.

Many thanks

acebarry
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    The only reason I ask is that I worry that if there is a vidictive player who wants to get there own back for whatever reason it would be simple for that player, after the event to contact customer services and report abuse and a player is banned for something he or she may not have done.
    Posted by acebarry10

They'll have access to the chat logs so presume they go from that rather than 'just the word' of another player (?)

• tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited August 2009
    Michael come on spill the beans what's been going on?
  • DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2009
    so wat will we do without the banter i for one will miss this guy how can anyone be so low as to report a person for wat is part ove the game?...if u dont like it move table or sites.......
    edited August 2009
    Why are we assuming that Mick is being hard done by here?

It is easy not to say anything offensive on the chat, and Sky wouldn't chat ban anyone without just cause.

And as he has been banned twice before, it is doesn't take a genius to work out that the fault is with the player and not
    the site.

Stop going on about the BANTER OI OI and have some common sense for once.

Having a laugh and a joke is one thing, and I understand that sometimes people say things in the moment that are over the line, but he has had his 2 previous warnings and not learnt from it.

Just because he is a community regular doesn't mean he didn't deserve it.
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : They'll have access to the chat logs so presume they go from that rather than 'just the word' of another player (?)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi Nosey

I was railing Mick the other night when a player started bad mouthing him in the chat box, he used a lot of expletives and Mick did NOT take the bait and use the same back.
    Whoever did get Mick to react must have been way over the top themselves, therefore it should be taken in context.
    I hope it`s not a case of just accepting the other players word and not looking back at previous exchanges.

I was watching a heads up cash game other night with a very very well known and respected player and what they typed in the chat box when they lost has to be seen to be believed, i copied this but did not report it.
    We all have our breaking point and perhaps Mick was goaded into his, we are all assuming as we do not have the facts
    I trust the sky poker team and expect them to judge this fairly, we will all have to wait and see what the outcome is.
    Gary 
    edited August 2009
    i agree scotty,being banned three times isn't BAD LUCK.  As for Gary,what does railing mean,is it the same as stalking......LOL
    Posted by igimc
    Hi
    Obviously as you do not post too often i will attempt to educate you, railing is supporting friends while they are playing
    I am sure when you get one you will do the same LOL 
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : Hi Obviously as you do not post too often i will attempt to educate you, railing is supporting friends while they are playing I am sure when you get one you will do the same LOL 
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    ROFL ZOMG he made a funny.

But to the guy who wanted to know about railing its any time that you just watch a poker table...either your mates, or you are moving up levels an want to check out the action before you do or you are just bored and fancy seeing people donking about.
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009
    In Response to THE END OF AN ERA.......:
    hi guys n girls seems like ive been permantley chat banned, im of good luck all, mickjenn1 is no longer
    Posted by mickjenn1

sorry to hear that m8 always had good banter at your tables

michael
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : thanks for the education.  As to the no friends (gag).the reason i havn't posted as often as you is that i have real friends and not imaginary ones...LOL
    Posted by igimc
    Oh dear
    Guess i will have to shut down my:
    YOUTUBE
    TWITTER
    FACEBOOK
    MSN accounts now then, or were you refering to the SIMS or something, imaginary friends do not usually answer back or DO YOURS (SIGMOND FREUD) http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=EJ418778&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=EJ418778
    LOL
  • beaujolaisbeaujolais Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    im not gonna mix my words guys ,i never have done ,and i never  will do, I SAY IT AS IT IS ,,mickjenn1 HAS BN an asset 2 SKY POKER,HE S  BN GOOD CHAT ,HES BN GOOD BANTER ,HES BN A GOOD FRIEND ,WHERE IS  HIS FRIENDS NOW ,COME ON,WHERE R U,WHERE RU ???????????????I 4 1 DONT GIVE A MONKEYS WAT SKY POKER THINKS OF ME,OR WAT THE CONSEQUENCES R,   MICK MAKES THIS FORUM ,WITHOUT HIM ,OR HIS THREAD, SKYS FORUM IS DEAD, I WOULD LIKE 2 SAY , COME BACK MICK ,BUT I DONT BLAME U 4 GOING ELSEWHERE,THE TREATMENT OF THIS SITE REPULSES ME ,YET AGAIN ,THERES ME THINKIN ALL U GUYS THAT MET IN SPUKT WERE MATES, WE STICK 2GETHER ,WAT ALOAD OF BOLL O CKS AND WAT A LOAD OF PU SSIES ,IM A BIG GUY ,WHO DOESNT TAKE S HI T, AND IM IN A FOWL MOOD,THIS SITE STINKS ,STAND UP 4 URSELVES  AND MICK BRING HIM BACK HOME
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    well said ten ive not known him long but he brightens up my evening
    edited August 2009
    im not gonna mix my words guys ,i never have done ,and i never  will do, I SAY IT AS IT IS ,,mickjenn1 HAS BN an asset 2 SKY POKER,HE S  BN GOOD CHAT ,HES BN GOOD BANTER ,HES BN A GOOD FRIEND ,WHERE IS  HIS FRIENDS NOW ,COME ON,WHERE R U,WHERE RU ???????????????I 4 1 DONT GIVE A MONKEYS WAT SKY POKER THINKS OF ME,OR WAT THE CONSEQUENCES R,   MICK MAKES THIS FORUM ,WITHOUT HIM ,OR HIS THREAD, SKYS FORUM IS DEAD, I WOULD LIKE 2 SAY , COME BACK MICK ,BUT I DONT BLAME U 4 GOING ELSEWHERE,THE TREATMENT OF THIS SITE REPULSES ME ,YET AGAIN ,THERES ME THINKIN ALL U GUYS THAT MET IN SPUKT WERE MATES, WE STICK 2GETHER ,WAT ALOAD OF BOLL O CKS AND WAT A LOAD OF PU SSIES ,IM A BIG GUY ,WHO DOESNT TAKE S HI T, AND IM IN A FOWL MOOD,THIS SITE STINKS ,STAND UP 4 URSELVES  AND MICK BRING HIM BACK HOME
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    The Internet is serious business.
    edited August 2009
    SCOTTY 77 UR GOING DON THE WRONG ROAD M8
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Oh sorry I forgot that you was a big guy.

I retract all my previous comments wooooooo MickJenn for King of Sky Poker cos he brings BANTER OI OI LADS better step back cos the BANTER has arrived.

• JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    Bring back mick campaign?start a poll let everyone vote?I have known mick for a while on this site he is 1 of a few people i talk to whilst playing poker he is a funny guy.Who likes a bit of banter and makes it fun while we play and he is well liked only need to look at his own thread lol surely they can reduce it to a month ban rather than permenant maybe sky put up the chat on the forum that got him banned?Then we can see if it was fair or not?? 
  • CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited August 2009

Posted by TENOFSPADE