You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

THE END OF AN ERA.......

Comments

• JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA.......:
    whole bunch of retards in this thread
    Posted by OMFGRIGGED
    That post alone shows your level of intelligence your 2nd post as a member of a friendly forum.
  • OMFGRIGGEDOMFGRIGGED Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2009
    MICKJENN.........BRINGING OUT YOUR WKD SIDE

OI OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • OMFGRIGGEDOMFGRIGGED Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : That post alone shows your level of intelligence your 2nd post as a member of a friendly forum.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    could you reconstruct that sentence please? i can't understand it in it's current form ktnxbai
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited August 2009
    Would be good to get some more info on this. It may be just a mix-up but it's probably someone who's taken his banter the wrong way.

I agree that Mick is good for the forum. You only have to see how many posts his thread has. It's by far the most popular.

Like TheMackem, he can sail close to the wind sometimes, but also like TheMackem, I think ultimately he knows where the line is. He's good fun in the chatbox and  he's done his fair share of promotional work recently, encouraging players to sign up to his tournament using celeb guests and prizes.

So I'm happy to put in a good word for him here on this thread as I know the bosses will be reading this on Monday, but I must say I'm curious as to why he's been 'permanently' banned- has he been issuing death threats or something?!
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited August 2009
    Dont understand some of you guys, this is meant to be a community for sky poker players... mick has improved the quality of the site from just a simple thread on the forum... now we have a good 10 seater deep stack tourn from it...!!

He has always been supportive of me on final tables, and has never been anything but a top bloke...

I don't know the reasons for the ban, but I know there are many jealous players on this site (as his thread clearly shows) and are intent of winding him up and are after a reaction from him... why can't you just get on with your poker game and enjoy the community rather than the immature school kid behaviour...
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : could you reconstruct that sentence please? i can't understand it in it's current form ktnxbai
    Posted by OMFGRIGGED
    It is ok half term will be over in a few weeks so your school teacher can explain it to you dumb troll.
    edited August 2009
    Would be good to get some more info on this. It may be just a mix-up but it's probably someone who's taken his banter the wrong way. I agree that Mick is good for the forum. You only have to see how many posts his thread has. It's by far the most popular. Like TheMackem, he can sail close to the wind sometimes, but also like TheMackem, I think ultimately he knows where the line is. He's good fun in the chatbox and  he's done his fair share of promotional work recently, encouraging players to sign up to his tournament using celeb guests and prizes. So I'm happy to put in a good word for him here on this thread as I know the bosses will be reading this on Monday, but I must say I'm curious as to why he's been 'permanently' banned- has he been issuing death threats or something?!
    Posted by RichOrford

Good post rich i agree he can sail close to the wind but i haven't seen him over step the mark and i have played with him on this site for a long time.

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,822
    edited August 2009
      I dont know either what has happened to Mick no one on his site is saying anything other than o my god, if its anything to do with my post on his site and any trouble caused by it, then, I  apologise unreservedly and ask for them to ban me instead as the instigator. It was never my intention to hurt mick if I am responsible then reinstate Mick 
  • beaujolaisbeaujolais Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
      I dont know either what has happened to Mick no one on his site is saying anything other than o my god, if its anything to do with my post on his site and any trouble caused by it, then, I  apologise unreservedly and ask for them to ban me instead as the instigator. It was never my intention to hurt mick if I am responsible then reinstate Mick 
    Posted by goldon
    wasnt you
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2009
    ladies n gents cheers for the support but am no different 2 any other player who has a chat ban, il take the punishment no problem, tenofspade me old mucker xx lol u r a crazy welsh man, 
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    Its a shame its caused so much aggro and its a shame its good old mick. I can honestly say that i never all the times ive played him have ever seen anything that bad infact he and other great characters on here is the reason i play on sky. We all get a bit aggro even me. And to get banned then obviously some harsh words were said. And the rules of bad behaviour on this site must be taken seriously whether you are well known or not. But as i dont or anyone else know the content of what was said its very hard to make head nor tail of it. All i can say is its a shame as mick is a great guy and brings lots to the community and tables. I have read your other thread mick and seems it was someone else that wound you up and maybe you got pulled into it when maybe should of just ignored him or her and i know how hard that is. I hope you stay on the site mick be a shame if you went.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Would be good to get some more info on this. It may be just a mix-up but it's probably someone who's taken his banter the wrong way. I agree that Mick is good for the forum. You only have to see how many posts his thread has. It's by far the most popular. Like TheMackem, he can sail close to the wind sometimes, but also like TheMackem, I think ultimately he knows where the line is. He's good fun in the chatbox and  he's done his fair share of promotional work recently, encouraging players to sign up to his tournament using celeb guests and prizes. So I'm happy to put in a good word for him here on this thread as I know the bosses will be reading this on Monday, but I must say I'm curious as to why he's been 'permanently' banned- has he been issuing death threats or something?!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Just because he's 'popular' doesn't mean he should get special treatment tho.

If he has broken the rules, then he should take the punishment, and as he has been chat banned twice before then he has had more than enough warning.

• TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited August 2009
    NO1S SAYING HE SHOULD GET SPECIAL TREATMENT BCAUSE HES POPULAR SCOTTY ,MICK HAS SAID HE WILL TAKE THE PUNISHMENT LIKE THE MAN HE IS ,IF HES BROKEN THE RULES  THEN  FINE HE ACCEPTS IT,ANYWAY W TF UR PROBLEM THEN,COMING ON HERE TRYIN 2 STIR THINGS UP,
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : Just because he's 'popular' doesn't mean he should get special treatment tho. If he has broken the rules, then he should take the punishment, and as he has been chat banned twice before then he has had more than enough warning.
    Posted by scotty77
    scotty ur beginin 2 make a clown of yaself, i have said il take the punishment, why dont u giv ur big gob a rest, u got alot 2 say for urself, and 2 be honest ur winding me up even worse,
    edited August 2009
    Yes Mick I have the big gob, cos I'm the one starting thread after thread.

Just because I'm not toeing the sheep line of OMG MickJenn can't be chat banned cos of the BANTER means my opinion isn't valid?  And actually it is probably more valid than all the others in this thread as I am not biased and am just looking at the facts that you ADMIT breaking the rules.

I think you need to stop and think clearly Mick; I reckon the adoration of a few donks that you gave 'advice' to has gone to your head sir.

• DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : scotty ur beginin 2 make a clown of yaself, i have said il take the punishment, why dont u giv ur big gob a rest, u got alot 2 say for urself, and 2 be honest ur winding me up even worse,
    Posted by mickjenn1
    here here mick everyone has the right to an opinion but he seems to want to get on your case for some reason and is making a few to many comments about it and being one sided against you and not really being constructive in any form. you have said that you will take it on the chin I it should really be left at that. Its now your choice what you want to do. i wont say anymore on the subject

Cheers mick
    p.s told you ya shoulda gone to my Church lol
    edited August 2009
    SHEEP WELSH LOL SCOTTY 118118 I GOT UR NUMBER
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    I'm ex-directory.
  • michael900michael900 Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2009
    Ive seen mickjenn give abuse in the chatbox before, however if he was not warned that a lifetime chat ban would be forthcoming if he was caught again, I think its a little harsh tbh.

Maybe players should be warned that chat box antics can eventually result in a life ban.
  • TaxicabTaxicab Member Posts: 68
    edited August 2009
    maybe it should be an end of my skypoker era?
    got dealt aces, all in vs jacks, low stake cash game.
    J 6 J 2 A.....i was ready to say "unlucky unless u
    have.....there they was JJ in hand. i dont know if
    my AA was shown? it doesnt flip them here on
    cash game all in.  Well, i find it hard to imagine
    skypoker being random sometimes....as
    yesterday i saw 2 royal flushes 6 handed in
    an hour.  JJ to quads, vs my house on the river.
    i think someone doesnt like me and they want
    me to know.  Well, this silly little unsuccessful
    site with no software and only flash is run by
    "them" ....who maybe themselves think other
    people are "them" and dont know they themselves
    are worth nowt. nil. same as the usual balance
    has accelerated to when they need some
    deposit off peeps = 0.00

This will probably get removed, usually does.
    my chat facility is banned too....someone
    tried not to pay my win, he said a different
    player won the darts (lies)  i call him a "nob"
    he tells his boss hes been bullied, his boss
    agreed.....what can i say?

Forby
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    ladies n gents cheers for the support but am no different 2 any other player who has a chat ban, il take the punishment no problem, tenofspade me old mucker xx lol u r a crazy welsh man, 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Hi guys,

Ok so i have just finished reading through all of the posts regarding this weekend's 'action'.

there are a couple of things i want to clear up...

the Community/ Forum and poker table chat box are separate - Mick hasn't been chat banned for anything he has said in the community. Mick acted inappropriately on the table and was given a chat ban for 3 months (not life)
    i have seen a transcript of the chat from our customer care team and i feel the punishment is just. Mick is banned from poker chat and not the forum.

This comment from Mick...

"ladies n gents cheers for the support but am no different 2 any other player who has a chat ban, il take the punishment no problem
    "  -

...is so great to hear.

Mick - You have been a fantastic member of the community so far. not only have you been one of our most active users but you have also supported new members and aided many different discussions. i sincerely hope you continue to be a member of this community and once your chat ban has expired - use the poker tables as they were intended.

lastly....

i and our moderators have had to delete a number of posts around the forum... please please keep this a place for open, friendly discussion. the community has thrived since our launch in June and i would hate things to turn sour in any way. lets all work together and keep this a great friendly community that everyone feels part of.

all the best,

Rich