You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

THE END OF AN ERA.......

13»

Comments

• razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA.......:
    In Response to Re: THE END OF AN ERA....... : Hi guys, Ok so i have just finished reading through all of the posts regarding this weekend's 'action'. there are a couple of things i want to clear up... the Community/ Forum and poker table chat box are separate - Mick hasn't been chat banned for anything he has said in the community. Mick acted inappropriately on the table and was given a chat ban for 3 months (not life) i have seen a transcript of the chat from our customer care team and i feel the punishment is just. Mick is banned from poker chat and not the forum. This comment from Mick ... "ladies n gents cheers for the support but am no different 2 any other player who has a chat ban, il take the punishment no problem "  - ... is so great to hear. Mick - You have been a fantastic member of the community so far. not only have you been one of our most active users but you have also supported new members and aided many different discussions. i sincerely hope you continue to be a member of this community and once your chat ban has expired - use the poker tables as they were intended. lastly.... i and our moderators have had to delete a number of posts around the forum... please please keep this a place for open, friendly discussion. the community has thrived since our launch in June and i would hate things to turn sour in any way. lets all work together and keep this a great friendly community that everyone feels part of. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    HERE HERE
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys
    I have reported a couple of players, myself, when i've had enough of their antics, but i've always asked them to stop or i would report them. Normally this gets abuse back.
    Now i'm not going to defend Mick, as he has already stated that he's going to do the time(hope he hurries back),but.
    Personally i have a lot of time for him and, yes he does walk the line but those who know him can give him grief and get it back from him. Sky CANNOT have favourites when it comes to this subject and HAVE proved this by banning Mick from the table chat.
    THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON FOR ALL THE PLAYERS AS THERE A LOT THAT DONT GET REPORTED AND ARE GETTING PROGRESSIVELY MORE ABUSIVE. THIS IS A FRIENDLY SITE AND MUST REMAIN THAT WAY.
    NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE A GO AT ANYONE AS THEY ARE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE.

As some said in another thread, "he who is without sin cast the first stone". Then here goes. I have NEVER had a go on the chat to players who i dont know or have never met, but i do have a bit of banter with the people i do know. If anyone who is on the table or railing objects to any comments i make, then do ask me to stop and i will, dont just go to Sky straight away.
    Most people will desist and offer an apology if this happens. if they dont then report them.

col
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys I have reported a couple of players, myself, when i've had enough of their antics, but i've always asked them to stop or i would report them. Normally this gets abuse back. Now i'm not going to defend Mick, as he has already stated that he's going to do the time(hope he hurries back),but. Personally i have a lot of time for him and, yes he does walk the line but those who know him can give him grief and get it back from him. Sky CANNOT have favourites when it comes to this subject and HAVE proved this by banning Mick from the table chat. THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON FOR ALL THE PLAYERS AS THERE A LOT THAT DONT GET REPORTED AND ARE GETTING PROGRESSIVELY MORE ABUSIVE. THIS IS A FRIENDLY SITE AND MUST REMAIN THAT WAY. NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE A GO AT ANYONE AS THEY ARE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE. As some said in another thread, "he who is without sin cast the first stone". Then here goes. I have NEVER had a go on the chat to players who i dont know or have never met, but i do have a bit of banter with the people i do know. If anyone who is on the table or railing objects to any comments i make, then do ask me to stop and i will, dont just go to Sky straight away. Most people will desist and offer an apology if this happens. if they dont then report them. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi col

I have put something along those lines in "Can I have my say" lol you kmow what they say, Great minds think alike :)

• bullyfishbullyfish Member Posts: 215
    edited August 2009
    TBH the people who get all "shirty" in the chat box are probably playing above their limit in regards to their bankroll.....cannot see any other reason for getting steamed up over what is surely just the game we love......STICK TO YOUR LIMITS AND ENJOY
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009
    MICKO HAVE POSTED MY THOUGHTS ON THE OTHER THREAD "ILL HAVE MY SAY" WONT REPEAT IT..SO TAKE A PEEK THERE... ;-) AND TENOSPADE...110% BEHIND U WIV WHAT U SAY...
  • Extreme3DJExtreme3DJ Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    ive only ever been banned once and never got a reason as to y .. and it was a life time ban ,, no warnings no bans before this 1 and no emails to tell me y ,,  mick,  its better without it ,, u dont have to argue with the likes of scotty @ the tables :) just pawn them insted :)
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Pawn them??? Didn't know cash converters were in the people buying business now.

Might see how much I can get for my sister tbf.

E3DJ - hows Muttman btw????
  • Extreme3DJExtreme3DJ Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    Pawn them??? Didn't know cash converters were in the people buying business now. Might see how much I can get for my sister tbf. E3DJ - hows Muttman btw????
    Posted by scotty77

not to bad ,, altho he dont come on here much anymore , always on railbirds playin with them lot
  • themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited August 2009
    Would be good to get some more info on this. It may be just a mix-up but it's probably someone who's taken his banter the wrong way. I agree that Mick is good for the forum. You only have to see how many posts his thread has. It's by far the most popular. Like themackem , he can sail close to the wind sometimes, but also like TheMackem, I think ultimately he knows where the line is. He's good fun in the chatbox and  he's done his fair share of promotional work recently, encouraging players to sign up to his tournament using celeb guests and prizes. So I'm happy to put in a good word for him here on this thread as I know the bosses will be reading this on Monday, but I must say I'm curious as to why he's been 'permanently' banned- has he been issuing death threats or something?!
    Posted by RichOrford
    gees rich, ffs, w.t.f, u bring me into this...........
    we are all supposed to be over 18 here am i right ???? 
    as jesus said let him without sin cast the first stone ...
    everyone swears.... its just some people write it , others say it and others think it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i was mick i`d do one  of 3 things .........

1 leave take my bank roll and play elsewhere...
    2 get a relative to create another account.....
    3 do nothing and wait for banh to end .....

you could prob guess what i would do !!!!!!! ??

i am a regular on mickjenns thread and ive seen him get alot of grief from certain players and there was one particular post with all the swear words were annagrams to get by the swear filters.... sky shoulda acted sooner and maybe none of this would have happened... but all ifs and buts .....
  • DODGEGEEZRDODGEGEEZR Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2009
    Micky Jenn is a geezer, through and through, he bought the forum to life and is great banta in the chat box, a real on line Legend !! remember it is only banta, REMOVE HIS BAN SKY, His Tounry made you money !!!!!

the one and only DODGEGEEZR latez patataz
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009
    ladies n gents cheers for the support but am no different 2 any other player who has a chat ban, il take the punishment no problem, tenofspade me old mucker xx lol u r a crazy welsh man, 
    Posted by mickjenn1

hi mick gonna miss banter & tues deepy's at least its not a lifeban

I would just like to say i play poker mainly for the fun & the banter i don't play any other sites as i am happy here the forum community is excellent and generally everyone gets on

However i have come across a few people who cross the line on chat at tables recently but i think hey they've had a bad day & they are looking for people to bite to put them off there game unfortunately a Few of the GOOD GUYS have reacted which is a temporary loss to this forum

if i am at a table where someone tries it on i try to calm it down with phrases from other community members and it seems to work my saying is PEOPLE LIKE PEOPLE LIKE THEMSELVES

If in the future if i come across a verbal bully i will try to difuse it  and if he persists i will reply

I Couldn't Give a Continental

be lucky m8 & see you in 3 monyhs