You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sunday Showdown sng's

phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

As the focus is on getting as many players into the Sunday biggie tourney could Sky please introduce sng satelittes into it?  It could be done with a 6 seater £20 + £2 sng where the winner gains entry and the runner up gets their £20 back. It could even be stretched to 10 seater £10 + £1 sng tables where the winner gains entry. If its set up in the sng area rather than mtt area so players can register whenever without a starting time restriction it may well generate more attempts. What do you reckon?

Comments

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    I obv' cant take part due to BRM rules, but this seems logical mate. I agree with your idea.
  • bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited August 2009
    what are brm rules that mean grimstarr cant play??
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    This would be far the best way to do this, as the semi semis seema  bit of a faf.

That said the actual semi could be a good event as long as it gets a lot of runners...for instance 1/5 gaining entry from say 40 runners you have a far better shot than a 1/6.

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    brm - bank roll management
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Showdown sng's:
    what are brm rules that mean grimstarr cant play??
    Posted by daz231023
    Hi Daz'... BRM = Bank Roll Management. Means I can not enter a sat' or a Mtt unless the fee is 2% or less of my roll. £10/£20 would mean i need a roll of £500/£1000 respectively. Let me assure you, I do not have that roll lol :)
  • Sky_BernSky_Bern Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2009
    Hi,

Phil, thanks for your post - Le'ts give it a go and see if there is any take up of your idea - There are a couple of S&G's in the lobby now, £22 to enter, first wins a seat in the £2k DS, with the second getting £22 back.

I've also not charged any fees to help start these off...

best of luck,

Bernie
    edited August 2009
    WOW thanks Bernie. This is great news!!! Let's hope they work.
    edited August 2009
    Nice one Bernie!
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    It's great how Bernie gets stuff done ... now then, can we have a £5 SnG where the winner gets £1,000,000? :-D

• SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited August 2009
    Good stuff.  I would be playing in one, but I will be away this coming Sunday and so no can do.
    edited August 2009
    First sng just started!! Here's hoping I qualify ;) but if not there's always another 1 now!! Thanks again Bernie.
    edited August 2009
    First sng just started!! Here's hoping I qualify ;) but if not there's always another 1 now!! Thanks again Bernie.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yeah Phil it only took about an hour and a half to fill up, I think that these will do well.

edited August 2009
    3rd - yet again the worst place to finish lol. Just signing up for another if anyone else wants to.
    edited August 2009
    3rd - yet again the worst place to finish lol. Just signing up for another if anyone else wants to.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Was an unlucky hand Phil...A7 vs A3 SB/BB...A3 is gonna be good there loads and to rub salt into the wound I flop a monster.

Just took it down for my entry into the £110 deepie, many thanks for bringing this up Phil :)

And I'll probably play you in some next week I imagine.

Hope you get your seat in the next one you play sir
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Showdown sng's : Was an unlucky hand Phil...A7 vs A3 SB/BB...A3 is gonna be good there loads and to rub salt into the wound I flop a monster. Just took it down for my entry into the £110 deepie, many thanks for bringing this up Phil :) And I'll probably play you in some next week I imagine. Hope you get your seat in the next one you play sir
    Posted by scotty77
    nice one Scotty, unlucky Phil mate. Great idea the Stt sat's though.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009

Whahoo!

I have this Sunday off, so count me in.

I'll sign up for a few of these SNG Satellitey jobbies right away.
    edited August 2009
    Whahoo! I have this Sunday off, so count me in. I'll sign up for a few of therse SNG Satellitey jobbies right away.
    Posted by Tikay10
    go TK go go go!

Sky really are providing for everyone now - Speed tourney, Tv tourney, deepstacks of various buyins. Pretty much everyone catered for!
    edited August 2009

I have Regged for one of these Deepstack SNG's (tikay1, my "personal" Account), so we just need 5 more & we are up & running.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Showdown sng's : go TK go go go! Sky really are providing for everyone now - Speed tourney, Tv tourney, deepstacks of various buyins. Pretty much everyone catered for!
    Posted by Grimstar30
    They even provide 1 minute Russian Roulettes for the mentally challenegd!

***I may have entered a couple of these lately and have a record of 2 wins in 2 WOOOOOOO****
    edited August 2009

I've been joined by Phik12UK. Just need 4 more now.