You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sunday Showdown sng's

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Well I see my great idea was completely ignored by Sky! <gets the 'ump>

LOL!

can we have a £5 SnG where the winner gets £1,000,000?

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Showdown sng's:
    Well I see my great idea was completely ignored by Sky! <gets the 'ump /> LOL!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I'll second ur idea m8.......come on mods!
    edited August 2009
    Come on......... me and Tikay have been waiting a while now. There must be 4 of ya who want to step up and play in the Sunday showdown sng!
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Come on......... me and Tikay have been waiting a while now. There must be 4 of ya who want to step up and play in the Sunday showdown sng!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Haven't any more of these ran so far then :(
    edited August 2009
    Im not sure - 3 entries now so u could have all go through via them
  • Supa_PhilSupa_Phil Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2009
    If there are sit n go tournies for direct entry, how about some for entry to the semi final @ £5 a pop?

I could see those being much more popular.

Personally I think it would be great to have them for the televised mtts too.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Sorry, I seem to have missed this.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009

I did Register for a few of these last night, between 5pm & 11pm, but none of them actually started. There were never more than 2 players Registered, which was a bit of a shame, as everyone seemed to think they are a good idea, & Bernie responded.

I'm not Online tonight, but I'll be back on Thursday & Friday, & will "sit in" again, hopefully we can get these started.

We wanted the Tourney, we wanted the SNG Satellites, so it's up to us now, the players, to make it work.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Showdown sng's : They even provide 1 minute Russian Roulettes for the mentally challenegd! ***I may have entered a couple of these lately and have a record of 2 wins in 2 WOOOOOOO****
    Posted by scotty77
    LOL
    edited August 2009
    I did Register for a few of these last night, between 5pm & 11pm, but none of them actually started. There were never more than 2 players Registered, which was a bit of a shame, as everyone seemed to think they are a good idea, & Bernie responded. I'm not Online tonight, but I'll be back on Thursday & Friday, & will "sit in" again, hopefully we can get these started. We wanted the Tourney, we wanted the SNG Satellites, so it's up to us now, the players, to make it work.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Best of luck at Luton TK
    edited August 2009
    I did Register for a few of these last night, between 5pm & 11pm, but none of them actually started. There were never more than 2 players Registered, which was a bit of a shame, as everyone seemed to think they are a good idea, & Bernie responded. I'm not Online tonight, but I'll be back on Thursday & Friday, & will "sit in" again, hopefully we can get these started. We wanted the Tourney, we wanted the SNG Satellites, so it's up to us now, the players, to make it work.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I agree Tikay. Sat there for ages with you waiting but no takers! Come on all, lets give them a try - u get ur money back if ur 2nd so only have 4 players to get past (although I couldnt manage it lol)
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Showdown sng's : I agree Tikay. Sat there for ages with you waiting but no takers! Come on all, lets give them a try - u get ur money back if ur 2nd so only have 4 players to get past (although I couldnt manage it lol)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Well I'll rinse repeat on Thursday & Friday, & I'm sure we'll get them going eventually. I'm working Saturday, so that's a no-no, but I'm around all day Sunday, so if all else fails, we can try again then.

These things just need a bit of a jump-start to get going. Bit like me, first thing in the morning.
  • FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited August 2009
    Great idea these and if my bankroll stretched to them I would defo give them a try ....

However ...

It just doesn't. even if I use my " it's entertainment " rules rather than strict brm ones.

So for now I have to pass ...

But once again Thanks to the suits for listening
    edited August 2009
    Great idea these and if my bankroll stretched to them I would defo give them a try .... However ... It just doesn't. even if I use my " it's entertainment " rules rather than strict brm ones. So for now I have to pass ... But once again Thanks to the suits for listening
    Posted by FBS
    Then you are right to swerve them, until you've built your Bankroll up. For a £20 Satelite, ideally, a minimum £200 Bankroll is needed.

Best, for now, to play the £3 & £5 10 Seater Deepies. You get a lot of play in these (= a lot of learnng experience), they are good fun (as good as a "big" Tourney), & one Cash means you are up & running.
    edited August 2009
    I did also suggest a 10 seater £10 game where winner gets entry. Could that attract more players?
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    * DISCLAIMER * I was completely spaced out last night - ill and detached from reality LOL - but, I couldn't even find the SnG sats! (they're outside my BRM rules but that's not the point).

edited August 2009
    Again Ive sat for ages today with ctbn and tallboy yet no one else is trying. Come on guys - it's a chance to get a £100 seat for £22 and if you come 2nd, you get your money back!! We need to make these work!

Message to Sky Bernie - any chance of trying the £10 +£1 10 seater game with same result of winner getting entry to the tourney?
    edited August 2009
    6th again in the SEmi freeroll 2k thing... argh! 2x 6th and 1x 6th for u phil! we need to get 1st lol
    edited August 2009

Phil, I'll Register for a couple of these a bit later, let's see if we can get one going.

When the new PM Service starts next week, we'll be able to alert each other easier to these situations.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Again Ive sat for ages today with ctbn and tallboy yet no one else is trying. Come on guys - it's a chance to get a £100 seat for £22 and if you come 2nd, you get your money back!! We need to make these work! Message to Sky Bernie - any chance of trying the £10 +£1 10 seater game with same result of winner getting entry to the tourney?
    Posted by phil12uk
    I dont think the BI is the problem...maybe there isn't that much interest from the more casual players of Sky and the only ones who will play this tournie are the cash and tournie regs.....