You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sharksbite running hot...!

_AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Just noticed Sharksbite won 'The Open' on Sunday... from my knowledge that's three big wins in the past 2 months and a massive amount of cash pocketed...!! Talk about running hot...!!

Congrats...!

Comments

• ginge999ginge999 Member Posts: 95
    edited August 2009
    sharks is a box fluke
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    well done Naomi, you deserve it, know you have been putting a lot of hours in lately. Hope it stays this way :D
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Sharksbite running hot...!:
    Just noticed Sharksbite won 'The Open' on Sunday... from my knowledge that's three big wins in the past 2 months and a massive amount of cash pocketed...!! Talk about running hot...!! Congrats...!
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Sharksbite is absolutely brilliant and well worth railing just to get some guidance and inspiration as to how to play when  getting close to final tables. 
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009

No doubt about it - Naomi  is a real class act.

There's no secrets to what she does - she just plays the game superbly.

Sky Poker are lucky to have such a player. In fact, Sky Poker seem to have an awful lot of stunningly good female players.

And the best of it is that she GIQ (gets it quietly) & does not go round chirpiing & larging herself up.

Like I say, class act.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Yep, I need to learn how to crack AA with QT!

No, seriously, another excellent performance Sharky - it's always great to see you doing well.
  • bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited August 2009
     i noticed she was the best mtt player on here a while ago, and posted it on the thread that questioned who was the best and sharksbite was not even mentioned.. only the likes of flash flush and daveyzz who are good players but sharksbite is by far the best mtt player..

the open and bounty hunter are so fast that luck has a big factor and i used to think that skill had nothin to do with these tournies as there is too much variance.. sharksbite has proved us wrong this month
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    She's quality and a top lady. Well done Naomi.
  • anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited August 2009
    Just noticed Sharksbite won 'The Open' on Sunday... from my knowledge that's three big wins in the past 2 months and a massive amount of cash pocketed...!! Talk about running hot...!! Congrats...!
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    i think shark is ace. she never ever chats. i think thats were i go wrong so no more chattin 4 me.
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    If i remember right, Sharksbite won £7K or was it £8K in the vegas tourney where second prize was a £7K or £8K due to not quite enough players. What a great cash prize eh? (sky poker are the best!) I don't think i'd ever come back to playing on-line poker after that cash win, but she does......so max respect for that......
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...!:
    If i remember right, Sharksbite won £7K or was it £8K in the vegas tourney where second prize was a £7K or £8K due to not quite enough players. What a great cash prize eh? (sky poker are the best!) I don't think i'd ever come back to playing on-line poker after that cash win, but she does......so max respect for that......
    Posted by RichiSwift
    It was 9k :D ... Yeh sharky plays poker for a living so she has to come back lol
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    Totaly agree about the women players on here every one I have played are superb at the game and give us guys a run for our money. Wd Sharksbite and all the other girls. :)
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    They do so well... maybe a s e x change is +EV 

• anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited August 2009
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    sharksbite 2nd again in open well done girl. x
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    Sharsbite running hot?????? she is absolutley sizzling, WAY TO GO, exellent player and great fun in the chatbox

cant get better than that ;)
    edited August 2009

On 25th July, Sharksbite was 1st of 691 for £1,529.

On August 16th, she beat a field of 549, to scoop £2,143.

Last night, she was 2nd of 607, for £1,348.75.

Pull your socks up Naomi - only 2nd last night? You are slipping.

PS - Many congrats - that is a STUNNING sequence of cashes. And, what's more, you get it quietly.

You, young Lady, are a class act.
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    On 25th July, Sharksbite was 1st of 691 for £1,529. On August 16th, she beat a field of 549, to scoop £2,143. Last night, she was 2nd of 607, for £1,348.75. Pull your socks up Naomi - only 2nd last night? You are slipping. PS - Many congrats - that is a STUNNING sequence of cashes. And, what's more, you get it quietly. You, young Lady, are a class act.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That certainly is an excellent record and something that Naomi should be extremely proud of, and you didn't even mention her £9k for coming 2nd or was it 3rd in the Vegas qualifier lol.

How about Sky running a special invitational game for the best 50 or 100 players over the last year, something like a "Champion of Champions" game
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : That certainly is an excellent record and something that Naomi should be extremely proud of, and you didn't even mention her £9k for coming 2nd or was it 3rd in the Vegas qualifier lol. How about Sky running a special invitational game for the best 50 or 100 players over the last year, something like a "Champion of Champions" game
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Correct - it was £9,000 for coming 2nd.

Her husband is a pretty tidy player too, by the way - he won the Swansea Leg of the SPUKT.
  • DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited August 2009
    I'm not disputing Sharksbite's achievement or poker ability by any means, but I still feel that the open structures become <10bb poker after the first half an hour or so, making it very much a luck than skill factor as the majority of action is preflop. You get a range of hands, factor in action ahead of you and stack sizes, and stick it in the middle. It's not really a huge amount of skill.

Remember if some people say they are running bad and really below EV (such as yourself Tikay), that means others are running really hot and way above their EV ;)

A fantastic achievement none the less, i was watching myself!
  • scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited August 2009
    not    takeing  anything  away  from  sharks bite   very   good  player    say   thers  about  40    very  good  players  that  play  in  the  main  event   rest   just    average    could  she   do  it  on  poker  stars     or  the  other  big  sites  weres  the  field   is  2000  plus all  over  the  world
    edited August 2009
    I'm not disputing Sharksbite's achievement or poker ability by any means, but I still feel that the open structures become <10bb poker after the first half an hour or so, making it very much a luck than skill factor as the majority of action is preflop. You get a range of hands, factor in action ahead of you and stack sizes, and stick it in the middle. It's not really a huge amount of skill. Remember if some people say they are running bad and really below EV (such as yourself Tikay), that means others are running really hot and way above their EV ;) A fantastic achievement none the less, i was watching myself!
    Posted by Deadluck
    Yes, The 9pm Main Event IS fast - though it's interesting to see that players such as Sharksbite, TheSwiss, DAVEYZZ & others have won it multiple times. They must be very lucky.......;)

But there are plenty of other, very much slower, &, some might argue, more skilful, Tourneys on Sky Poker, we now have several DeepStacks every night, & they are gaining in popularity.

Me running bad means others are running good? Absolutely! I did mention - not complain, simply observe - that I have run bad since before Vegas. But it can change quyickly. I won the Deepie on Thursday night for £145, & was second in the Deepstack Showdown last night for £600. Variance is a beautiful thing.