You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sharksbite running hot...!

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...!:
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : Yes, The 9pm Main Event IS fast - though it's interesting to see that players such as Sharksbite, TheSwiss, DAVEYZZ & others have won it multiple times. They must be very lucky.......;) But there are plenty of other, very much slower, &, some might argue, more skilful, Tourneys on Sky Poker, we now have several DeepStacks every night, & they are gaining in popularity. Me running bad means others are running good? Absolutely! I did mention - not complain, simply observe - that I have run bad since before Vegas. But it can change quyickly. I won the Deepie on Thursday night for £145, & was second in the Deepstack Showdown last night for £600. Variance is a beautiful thing.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well done sir.... How did the showndown go last night? was there many runners and how long did it take? Once again, very well done for your 2nd, i hope your results stay like this!!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : Well done sir.... How did the showndown go last night? was there many runners and how long did it take? Once again, very well done for your 2nd, i hope your results stay like this!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Only 22 runners I think, with top 3 paid - £1,100, £650 & £450, or something like that. It took about 4.5 hours, IIRC.

I think they are doing a Pre-Record of it tonight (as they now do every Monday) for transmission tomorrow or Wednesday.

dantb10 - the winner - played astoundingly well, as did stokefc. I had a big lead Heads-Up against dantb10, but he gradually whittled it away, he has terrific "controlled" aggression.

I varied my play to combat his aggression, & it worked quite well, I was in control - almost! - until the last hand, which I well & truly mangled. So much so that I limped in with Aces, & his 7-3 busted me good & proper.

He deserved it - he really surprised me as to his aggrressiion levels, reads, & ability to get off a hand.
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Sharksbite running hot...! : i think shark is ace. she never ever chats. i think thats were i go wrong so no more chattin 4 me.
    Posted by anjie1970

I've watched Sharksbite quite a bit and am very impressed by her.

ps hi Angie you look foxy!
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    The fact that Sky tournies are so fast paced actually increase the skill needed to win IMO.

Sharksbite has a game that we all can learn from, and I'm gonna take a lot more notice as I want to be able to run as good as her when it comes to semi-deep time!

• DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited August 2009
    The fact that Sky tournies are so fast paced actually increase the skill needed to win IMO. Sharksbite has a game that we all can learn from, and I'm gonna take a lot more notice as I want to be able to run as good as her when it comes to semi-deep time!
    Posted by scotty77
    I'd love to know how it increases skill. It followed a pretty basic betting structure since its (on the majority) all preflop action as i said before. and preflop is mostly based on handranges, stacksizes and stealing blinds with position. of course the regular winners play it well, hence i was not disputing their achievement. i could do with a nice deep run, dont think ive made it past a first hour in those tourneys lol. too much bluffing too little premium hands.

The new deepstacks look nice, I will be entering them when I have some free evenings. But fast structures definately do not increase skill 'imo'. There is some judgement, decision making and maths involved, but little more. I enter them for the banter on TV if anything! Love it.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : I'd love to know how it increases skill. The new deepstacks look nice, I will be entering them when I have some free evenings. But fast structures definately do not increase skill 'imo'. There is some judgement, decision making and maths involved, but little more. I enter them for the banter on TV if anything! Love it.
    Posted by Deadluck
    It's not so much increases it, as being a different skillset. The fact that we have a bunch of serial winners proves that.

I'm hopeless at them, but can get by in the slower jobbies. Some folks are the opposite.

Whatever floats your boat, really.

But yes, definitely needs skill, just different skill. Like 20/20 cricket & Test Cricket, or Rugby League & Rugby Union. Same things, totally different same. ;)
    edited August 2009
    not    takeing  anything  away  from  sharks bite   very   good  player    say   thers  about  40    very  good  players  that  play  in  the  main  event   rest   just    average    could  she   do  it  on  poker  stars     or  the  other  big  sites  weres  the  field   is  2000  plus all  over  the  world
    Posted by scrumdown
    Yes, I think she could. But the key to winning - or not losing - at poker, is called "Game Selection".
    edited August 2009
    Maybe I used the wrong word...I think that overall over 1000s and 1000s of games the same players will be consistantly making the final tables such as Sharksbite, theres still a massive skill factor and it does take a different kind of mind set to win the Open than it does a deepstack.

• DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited August 2009
    I think Tikay's description sums it up pretty well actually!! What a ledge :D
  • anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited August 2009
    Sharsbite running hot?????? she is absolutley sizzling, WAY TO GO, exellent player and great fun in the chatbox cant get better than that ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    i have never seen her chat barry.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : I've watched Sharksbite quite a bit and am very impressed by her. ps hi Angie you look foxy!
    Posted by RickyVilla
    thankyou x
  • budgirlbudgirl Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2009
    anj, if she runs any hotter shes gonna catch fire  !!!!!!!!!!!!
    as for the no chattin dont u dare, would be lonely without you   sob sob

steve
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : i have never seen her chat barry.
    Posted by anjie1970
    she chats to me, she just don't like you anjie :p
    edited August 2009
    anj, if she runs any hotter shes gonna catch fire  !!!!!!!!!!!! as for the no chattin dont u dare, would be lonely without you   sob sob steve
    Posted by budgirl
    ok then ill carry on chatting lol. i never lasted the day. haha. x
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : she chats to me, she just don't like you anjie :p
    Posted by scotty77
    maybe  scotty she just doesnt like me.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : maybe  scotty she just doesnt like me.
    Posted by anjie1970
    just kidding, shes lovely and you're lovely i think she only chats to me to keep me happy as i play so bad anyway
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    phew  .. for a moment there Anjie.. I thought you were going to blank me in the chat box (sigh0

Oh  getting back to what this thread is all about, Naomi (sharksbite) ! 

I was sat next to her in the live game at Swansea ...  
    There's an aura about her,  she's  'cold' 'calculated' and thinks the hand through before making any action !!

Gives nothing away in the form of 'tells' !!  

As a player,  she's a nasty piece of work, almost like 'Annie Oakley' ready to gun you down .......

However between hands, she's a lovely lady with a warm smile and personality.( Very very good player)

She even chatted to me Anjie ...sorry (must be you)

Dont worry Anjie, "i dont care what the others say about you, I think your all right !!   lol    benny xxx
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : just kidding, shes lovely and you're lovely i think she only chats to me to keep me happy as i play so bad anyway
    Posted by scotty77
    ahh  ty thats made me feel better. you play well you did good in open the other night.
    edited August 2009
    phew  .. for a moment there Anjie.. I thought you were going to blank me in the chat box (sigh0 Oh  getting back to what this thread is all about, Naomi (sharksbite) !  I was sat next to her in the live game at Swansea ...   There's an aura about her,  she's  'cold' 'calculated' and thinks the hand through before making any action !! Gives nothing away in the form of 'tells' !!     As a player,  she's a nasty piece of work, almost like 'Annie Oakley' ready to gun you down ....... However between hands, she's a lovely lady with a warm smile and personality.( Very very good player)   She even chatted to me Anjie ...sorry (must be you) Dont worry Anjie, "i dont care what the others say about you, I think your all right !!   lol    benny xxx
    Posted by bennydip2
    benny you made me paranoid now what is evry1 sayin about me lol. i like you 2 your alright. x
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : i have never seen her chat barry.
    Posted by anjie1970
    Shark plays quite a lot of table's at the same time so she doesn't start many conversations but we have been on sky since the start and if i start a coversation she has always replied.