You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

mickjenn1 banned from forum

themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Just had a phone chat with mickjenn1 and he asked me to post this....

he is banned from forum for unacceptable behaviour..

Comments

• themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited August 2009
    over the past 2 weeks ive had a few issues with sky and i have decided if they arent resolved in the following 2weeks im cashing out and going back to my old site even though they merged with bwin .....
  • DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2009
    good shout lee. wats good 4 the goose spring 2 mind
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    I would say that you would be missed.
    However, I imagine that Sky HAVE to take action when people are repeatedly making (even veiled) threats of physical violence.
    It's not very pleasant and certainly not very mature.
  • Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited August 2009
    Hi everyone, Just to let you know where we stand on this. We can’t discuss any actions taken against individuals on the forum as this is between us and the player involved.

All I would say is that we have strict house rules because we want this Community to be a friendly place for open discussion. We don’t want anyone to be intimidated on here and will take action where appropriate.

Thanks,
    Steve M
    edited August 2009
    so are they both banned ? thats the question
  • Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: mickjenn1 banned from forum:
    so are they both banned ? thats the question
    Posted by DELTA
    Hi Delta,

As I said, we won't be commenting on either player.
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    I'm not going to comment on what either player has done, but I just wanted to say that I am glad that Sky has rules, Can you imagine the chaos and extremely vile comments that could be posted on these forums or even while we are playing.
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    Hi Mackem,   hmmm 
    well i for one am sorry to hear  this, Mickjenn has been a great source of entertainment and has helped a lot of players with his answers to poker related questions..
     I have been following some of the things that have been said between these two, personally i think Scotty is a bit naive and arrogant, from what ive heard he's like that playing live as well !!  (The Phil Hellmuth School of poker comes to mind ) and Mick has taken the bait and let his emotions spill over on to this forum ....
    The thing is,  this is a public forum and has to be monitored and if people come to read threads and they see this kind of squabbling going on  what are they to think.
    I'm all for having a laugh but this was getting beyond a joke, my sympathies are with Mick as i think he was being goaded but there was a nastiness in the posts that nobody wants to read'

What we must remember is there are not many poker sites that have a forum where the players can go back too and talk about the games and have a community built around the TV show and Poker stories.

What we don't want is the whole forum arguing and threats being made, that can only result in 'The Suite's' saying."We don't need this nonsense" and pull the plug on the forum..!!  
    It happened on Ladbrokes with their forum,(they closed that for the same reason)  so it's up to us, if we want this one then lets keep to having a laugh and enjoying the poker and the feed back with TV shows with the many good threads we have here !!!

glk  all Benny  ... "Lets take it easy out there"..
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    Hi Mackem,   hmmm  well i for one am sorry to hear  this, Mickjenn has been a great source of entertainment and has helped a lot of players with his answers to poker related questions..  I have been following some of the things that have been said between these two, personally i think Scotty is a bit naive and arrogant, from what ive heard he's like that playing live as well !!  (The Phil Hellmuth School of poker comes to mind ) and Mick has taken the bait and let his emotions spill over on to this forum .... The thing is,  this is a public forum and has to be monitored and if people come to read threads and they see this kind of squabbling going on  what are they to think. I'm all for having a laugh but this was getting beyond a joke, my sympathies are with Mick as i think he was being goaded but there was a nastiness in the posts that nobody wants to read' What we must remember is there are not many poker sites that have a forum where the players can go back too and talk about the games and have a community built around the TV show and Poker stories. What we don't want is the whole forum arguing and threats being made, that can only result in 'The Suite's' saying."We don't need this nonsense" and pull the plug on the forum..!!   It happened on Ladbrokes with their forum,(they closed that for the same reason)  so it's up to us, if we want this one then lets keep to having a laugh and enjoying the poker and the feed back with TV shows with the many good threads we have here !!!  glk  all Benny  ... "Lets take it easy out there"..
    Posted by bennydip2
    Great post as always Benny
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2009
    100% AGREE SPOT ON BENNY
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

bennydip2 has hit the nail on the head good post m8
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: mickjenn1 banned from forum : Hi Delta, As I said, we won't be commenting on either player.
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    hi steve ....i will take that as a no then....and i do agree with benny gd post but sky has 2 b seen as being unbias
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,824
    edited August 2009
      Hi Dad you and me both have let the family down. I apologised have you. ?  You allowed this person to find your achilles heal and get you banned after all the hard work your friends put in to get you reinstated. It's a long way back now you've been switched off at the mains.  I am disapointed as I was looking forward to your help with my poker play I hope you can still play on the tables as this site needs all the players it can get in these troubled times. We may be naughty boys but remember were IMPORTANT. your ever loving son.
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2009
    yep, was right.... my post got pulled....oh well, I tried Mick
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited August 2009
      Hi Dad you and me both have let the family down. I apologised have you. ?  You allowed this person to find your achilles heal and get you banned after all the hard work your friends put in to get you reinstated. It's a long way back now you've been switched off at the mains.  I am disapointed as I was looking forward to your help with my poker play I hope you can still play on the tables as this site needs all the players it can get in these troubled times. We may be naughty boys but remember were IMPORTANT. your ever loving son.
    Posted by goldon
    I think you should play
    Your DAD would have wanted it this way
    LOL
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited August 2009
    I do not know why Mick did not click the ignore button like i did and suggested when he got the chat ban
    Everyone knows what he is like

I would suggest that they all do it, completely agree with you on this Benny

Although it is possible to antagonise someone into making remarks using threatening and abusive comments, without using any yourself and therefore not falling foul of the code.

Gary
  • tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited August 2009
    Sad day, Mick went along way to getting this forum going in my opinion. Also a really nice lad but he took the bait from the school snitch! Rules are rules though and we need to move on. Hopefully Mick if your out there keep in touch buddy.
  • TimboboTimbobo Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2009
    Tough jsustice Mick.
    I started the tread last night and sympathise.
    \i came close to rising to sNotty's digs so I guess it could have been me.
    Hope you are back soon.
    Tim
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    I do not know why Mick did not click the ignore button like i did and suggested when he got the chat ban Everyone knows what he is like I would suggest that they all do it, completely agree with you on this Benny Although it is possible to antagonise someone into making remarks using threatening and abusive comments, without using any yourself and therefore not falling foul of the code. Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    i've done same, gd luck mick if u reading
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    The amount of people making a witchunt on these forums for one person is starting to disgust me.

Leave Sky deal with it and stop stirring things up because one of your mates got a ban.