You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Should we listen to their advice?

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat

Ok here is something at may or may not suprise you... We all listen to the skypoker channel and take advice from the presenters/professionals... BUT SHOULD WE???

Take a look at this image... and then decide, are these the people to take advice from??

:-D

P.S this is only a "banter post" you know me, im not serious!!!!

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Can i ask why my image was deleted please? There was nothing offensive on there and all sharkscope results are viewable by anyone free of charge?!?!?
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice?:
    Can i ask why my image was deleted please? There was nothing offensive on there and all sharkscope results are viewable by anyone free of charge?!?!?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Flash, dont think it has been deleted, it is still waiting for approval
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

hi m8 reckon your picture hasn't gone past pending yet i am waiting as well

michael

• RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited September 2009
    nah its been deleted.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Hi Flash

Looks like for some reason, they dont want to show it?
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    Might have been the goldfish bowl! ;-)
    edited September 2009
    ok ill do it this way.... you get 5 free sharkscope searches a day... search for.. tikay1, tikay10, richorford, michelleo, and j-hartigan
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    ok ill do it this way.... you get 5 free sharkscope searches a day... search for.. tikay1, tikay10, richorford, michelleo, and j-hartigan
    Posted by FlashFlush

The problem with checking these stats on sharkscope is, some players use a different alias on different sites, My scope shows i'm losing 1500  over the last 10 months but overall I'm in front over 12 months, I wouldn't take to much on board   those stats can be miss-leading as to a players ability.
    I have a different alias for 4 different sites. Admitted i play here most  of the time, but if i play cash , Hi Lo Stud and Hi Lo Omaha I'm on another site under another alias...
    Some stats aren't worth bothering about..and,  is it fair to put the stats of players on a forum, it wouldn't worry or embarrass me but i don't  think I'd like winnings being posted, someone might wont a 'sub' !!

Yea  like the'd have a chance  ... hehee 
  • Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited September 2009
    Also those accounts apart from Tikay's main one are the ones they use for Play the Presenter so it's gonna be a bit bad especially when they have to play big £33 BH's.
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice? : The problem with checking these stats on sharkscope is, some players use a different alias on different sites, My scope shows i'm losing 1500  over the last 10 months but overall I'm in front over 12 months, I wouldn't take to much on board   those stats can be miss-leading as to a players ability. I have a different alias for 4 different sites. Admitted i play here most  of the time, but if i play cash , Hi Lo Stud and Hi Lo Omaha I'm on another site under another alias... Some stats aren't worth bothering about..and,  is it fair to put the stats of players on a forum, it wouldn't worry or embarrass me but i don't  think I'd like winnings being posted, someone might wont a 'sub' !! Yea  like the'd have a chance  ... hehee 
    Posted by bennydip2
    Actually Barry, you Sky Poker MTT stats are very good! Not that I particularly picked on you but I have a subscription with Sharkscope, so have pretty much everyboys. ;-)
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited September 2009
    Those who can - do.  Those who can't - teach.

Just cos they're pony poker players, doesn't mean they can't be master to your grasshopper.
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    Those who can - do.  Those who can't - teach. Just cos they're pony poker players, doesn't mean they can't be master to your grasshopper.
    Posted by SoLack
    i agree with a gooner!!
    edited September 2009
    You all know its only banter... These guys make a living out of the game so cant be that bad lol... but when i saw it i thought i would have to share it with you :-)
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    mind u my scope says im hot but havent won a bean in months.... starting 2 give every1 there money back....
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

Guys.

I was alerted to this Thread by a series of 'phone calls over the weekend, but I was Offline all day yesterday & unable to respond.

I never saw the original Post in it's un-edited form, but I gather it suggested that I had a losing record on Sky Poker based on Sharkscope Stats.

google Serarch Engines being the efficient things they are, this "info" is now widely disseminated in the domain. Which is a little embarrassing, given my position here at Sky Poker.

So, as the guy in Pulp Fiction said, "allow me to retort".

1) Please note it's improper, legally & morally, to publish Players Sharkscope data. I don't know why, or by whom, the Picture/Data was deleted, but I imaqine Sky Poker deemed it improper to publish such copyrighted material. See "Sharkscope Terms & Conditions" on Sharkscope.com.

2) Sharkscope Data is not comprehensive, & it is frequently wrong.

3) Sharkscope Data does not include Cash Game stats.

4) I am a profitable player on Sky Poker, & will demonstrate this via a full disclosure of my Account Histories shortly. (it takes a bit of time to gather it all together).

My response may seem a bit OTT, & I fully understand that the Thread/Post was intended as a bit of fun.

However, I hold an Analysts & Consultants position here at Sky Poker, & I'm also about to start being involved in a new Promotion for Sky Poker. So the notion that I am a losing player is a little embarrassing, & I now feel obliged to correct the impressioin that has been given.

It has now been suggested in the Office today that the PTP-ers should "block" their Sharkscope Stats from open viewing, an Option every player has. I do not intend to block mine, as I have nothing to hide.

Sorry to get heavy about this, but it's lain on the Forum for nearly 2 days now, withouit being challenged, so untold numbers of players have seen it - & it's wrong.

As always, when you guys ask me questions, I'll give it to you clean. Please undersatand, though, my reputation, my professional pride, & my honour, matter a great deal to me. 

Thanks.
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    Guys. I was alerted to this Thread by a series of 'phone calls over the weekend, but I was Offline all day yesterday & unable to respond. I never saw the original Post in it's un-edited form, but I gather it suggested that I had a losing record on Sky Poker based on Sharkscope Stats. google Serarch Engines being the efficient things they are, this "info" is now widely disseminated in the domain. Which is a little embarrassing, given my position here at Sky Poker. So, as the guy in Pulp Fiction said, "allow me to retort". 1) Please note it's improper, legally & morally, to publish Players Sharkscope data. I don't know why, or by whom, the Picture/Data was deleted, but I imaqine Sky Poker deemed it improper to publish such copyrighted material. See "Sharkscope Terms & Conditions" on Sharkscope.com. 2) Sharkscope Data is not comprehensive, & it is frequently wrong. 3) Sharkscope Data does not include Cash Game stats. 4) I am a profitable player on Sky Poker, & will demonstrate this via a full disclosure of my Account Histories shortly. (it takes a bit of time to gather it all together). My response may seem a bit OTT, & I fully understand that the Thread/Post was intended as a bit of fun. However, I hold an Analysts & Consultants position here at Sky Poker, & I'm also about to start being involved in a new Promotion for Sky Poker. So the notion that I am a losing player is a little embarrassing, & I now feel obliged to correct the impressioin that has been given. It has now been suggested in the Office today that the PTP-ers should "block" their Sharkscope Stats from open viewing, an Option every player has. I do not intend to block mine, as I have nothing to hide. Sorry to get heavy about this, but it's lain on the Forum for nearly 2 days now, withouit being challenged, so untold numbers of players have seen it - & it's wrong. As always, when you guys ask me questions, I'll give it to you clean. Please undersatand, though, my reputation, my professional pride, & my honour, matter a great deal to me.  Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good on u tk great answer,your help is valued trust me m8
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

My PTP Account is "TIKAY10".

Sky Poker Deposited £500 in this in April or May 2008, & I conducted PTP "Trial Nights" for 3 months. Then, with the others, the PTP Promotion began properly in about September last year.

I have so far done 74 PTP "sessions", each of 5 hours duration.

My PTP Account has varied between £250 & £900, depending on form & variance. It's currently under £300.

I will explain how I approach PTP Sessions further on, but all things considered, I'm quite happy with that number, & when you see how I approach PTP's, you'll agree, I think.

The Account has never been topped up.

When we do PTP, we have an obligation to play several Tourneys, including the 9pm Main Event, (Entry Fees vary between £10 & £50) plus Cash Games.

My Private Account is "tikay1".

It currently stands at about £700.

I have Deposited approximately £900 (of my own money) into this Account over 2 years & 7 monrghs - I've always played on the Site a lot.

That would suggest a £200 Loss.

However.....

Most of you know I have played only One Deepstack Showdown*. This cost £110 to enter, & I came 2nd for, I think,  £600. This is not listed in "my" Sharkscope. I know not why, but you all know the facts - I got £600+ for 2nd place, just a few weeks back. And that's not on Sharkscope.

* (Note I entered one other Deepstack Showdown, cost £110, on the very first week, as I was keen to get the Tourney off to a good start. In fact, as I was working on at DTD on In-Poker that night, & was unable to log on & play - so it cost me £110 & I never played a single hand. 

So, that account is nicely in profit.

"Studio Account".

It's well-known that, playing in the Studio one night, I won the 9pm Open, for just over £1,500. For Technical Ressons, a specific "studio" Account was used, as the winnings are donated to charity.

So I never got a penny for winning it, (though I was delighted the Charity did), but it seems reasonable to me that it should be included in my Site Stats.

Finally, I play a little Cash mainly on my "TIKAY10" Account. I'm profitable in this.

It's quite important to me to correct the wrong impression given in the OP, which were stated as facts.

Finally......
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    Guys. I was alerted to this Thread by a series of 'phone calls over the weekend, but I was Offline all day yesterday & unable to respond. I never saw the original Post in it's un-edited form, but I gather it suggested that I had a losing record on Sky Poker based on Sharkscope Stats. google Serarch Engines being the efficient things they are, this "info" is now widely disseminated in the domain. Which is a little embarrassing, given my position here at Sky Poker. So, as the guy in Pulp Fiction said, "allow me to retort". 1) Please note it's improper, legally & morally, to publish Players Sharkscope data. I don't know why, or by whom, the Picture/Data was deleted, but I imaqine Sky Poker deemed it improper to publish such copyrighted material. See "Sharkscope Terms & Conditions" on Sharkscope.com. 2) Sharkscope Data is not comprehensive, & it is frequently wrong. 3) Sharkscope Data does not include Cash Game stats. 4) I am a profitable player on Sky Poker, & will demonstrate this via a full disclosure of my Account Histories shortly. (it takes a bit of time to gather it all together). My response may seem a bit OTT, & I fully understand that the Thread/Post was intended as a bit of fun. However, I hold an Analysts & Consultants position here at Sky Poker, & I'm also about to start being involved in a new Promotion for Sky Poker. So the notion that I am a losing player is a little embarrassing, & I now feel obliged to correct the impressioin that has been given. It has now been suggested in the Office today that the PTP-ers should "block" their Sharkscope Stats from open viewing, an Option every player has. I do not intend to block mine, as I have nothing to hide. Sorry to get heavy about this, but it's lain on the Forum for nearly 2 days now, withouit being challenged, so untold numbers of players have seen it - & it's wrong. As always, when you guys ask me questions, I'll give it to you clean. Please undersatand, though, my reputation, my professional pride, & my honour, matter a great deal to me.  Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    I can see where you are coming from my friend.
    I don't see why anyone, in jest or serious, would feel the need to do this.
    In the past i have had some excellent coaches in different sports, who have not had the ability to compete at the highest level. YOU DO NOT FALL INTO THAT CATEGORY.
    Have people forgotten your blogs about your poker life.
    On Sky poker you have said that, when you are on PTP you don't look to make a profit but break even, and that is laudable of you.
    However your problem on here is that when you play your own account some players seem to forget that its your own money and still play to take you down. LET ANY OTHER PLAYERS TRY THIS AND STILL RETURN A PROFIT.
    Finally, you should NEVER have to answer a question like this, as you have done far more than your fair share to promote this site and look after the players.
    IMO Sharkscope should be banned, as i don't care if i'm playing a complete beginner or the WSOP champion, and as you say it doesn't cover the whole spectrum of poker games.
    YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT SIR.
    Col
  • bombshellbombshell Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2009

Message to Tikay10

You dont need to explain yourself to anyone - you are a fair and honest bloke and its really good seeing you on Sky Poker.

I do listen to your advice, the only problem is that all the others do to so we all push LOL.

Take care

bombshell

• razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    and mine tk ur a legend and good player this silly thread is totally un-needed , keep up the fantastic work you do for this site