You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Should we listen to their advice?

Comments

• razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice?:
    this is a message MICKJENN: seems to me flashflush is forgetting what tkay did for him and phil12uk, bout the chip dumping and had there acounts frozen, then hes here sproutin his mouth of about tkay, jesus the mans brave, hes had a bit of luck recently and thinks hes phil ivey, he should apologise straight away tkay helped him immensley when his acount got frozen, for cheating.
    Posted by DaYoungGun
    HERE HERE,,but guys lets end this now i think it was only for banter and has got a little out of hand tbh,,lets get back to enjoying this community ...

B LUKKY
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

i would just like to say if it weren't for the show & advice i frequently get from Tikay & co my game wouldn't have moved forward  just the other nite (sat) was watching the show (Rich & Tikay) and they were chatting about what cash tables to play so Rich says how he chooses (which is how most of us do) then Tikay tells us how he chooses & it was like a light-bulb went off in me head (never thought of that way b4) so tried it on a 2/4 table but was a mad house moved to the 4/8 took a £5 to the tables spent 2 days using Tikays way and am currently up on 3 of the tables slightly down on 1 with 1 to play based on 2 sessions on each table over 2 days

need i say anymore

dtw
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited September 2009
    This thread is pretty stupid tbh as you can see by the confusion caused.I DON'T think flash was trying to make the presenters look bad or stupid it was just naivety on his part im sure the mods or admin people can delete this thread.

• galvo68galvo68 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2009

YOU DONT HAVE TO LISTEN OR TAKE ANY ADVICE BUT FOR ME MY FATHERS WORDS OF WISDOM ARE YOU LEARN SOMETHING EVERY DAY,UP UNTIL YOU DIE HE WAS RIGHT.AS FOR TIKAY AND OTHERS BEING UPSET I DONT BLAME THEM,IF AS YOU SAY ITS A BIT OF BANTER WHY ARE THEY UPSET? COME ON GUYS GIVE EM A BREAK IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRESENTING SWITCH OFF YOUR TELLY.GALVO 68

• rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited September 2009

Hi, Tikay,

I think you have gone beyond the call of duty to answer the question.  Very honest to allow people to know your accounts with Sky and not required as far as I'm concerned. 

I've only started playing poker this spring and my enthusiasm for the game has grown immeasurably due to Sky Poker.  The shows I always find humorous and informative (watched plenty of them!).   

Keep up the good work sir!

Ross

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

Cripes, whlst I was finishing my "retort", the Thread has filled!

I'm nearly done now!

PTP Playing Style.

Many of you play me on PTP nights, so you can all validate this.

When I play PTP Cash, I adopt a certain line.

a) I don't want to lose Sky Poker's money. Professional pride & all that.

b) I don't wish to win Clients cash. That would not exactly be in Sky Poker's interest, now would it, to try to bust our own Players.

c) As an "Analyst", I'm supposed to be here to try & help out some of the newer, less experienced, Players, something I think I'm qualified & able to do.

So.....

In PTP Cash Games, as you all know, when I get a big hand, or flop a set, I type in the Chat-Box "BIG HAND ALERT". Folks frequently ignore that, but I do it all the time, & never falsify the situation.  I also "show" every single winning hand, except Bluffs - I consider it commercially improper to "stick it in the eye" of our Clients, so I rarely Show bluffs. I do bluff on occasion, of course.

In Tournaments, I always show every winning hand - except in the late Stages of the £22 Deepie, where all the Players are quite experienced, & so it would be patronising so to do. My "game" is, therefore, more exposed than any other Player on this Site. You all know what I play, because I always show. And YOU know who you are playing, too.  

In addition, the PTP-ers effectively play with a Bounty on their heads, as everyone wants to bust them - quite reasonably.

Finally, Questions come in via the Chat-Box thick & fast, & I try to answer every one. "Closed questions" ("you still in the £22 Deepie?") are easy, they are one line answers.

"Open Questions" are incredibly difficult to handle. Typically, for example, "why do you have two Accounts on Sky Poker" is a VERY good question, but quite hard to answer in less than a dozen lines, whilst the different Tables are popping up incessently. (They pop-up VERY fast in 6 Seater Format). "How should I play AK in early pos" is NOT a queston thats easy to answer whilst 2 or 3 Tabling, & in a Chat Box!

All this does, I think you'll agree, add considerably to the degree of difficulty.

Oddly, when I play on my Private Account, with my own money, I am, in effect, still a PTP-er, as the same questions still come in, I use the same "posh" PTP Avatar, & I answer every one exactly as I would on PTP Nights, so I don't really get "private nights" on Sky Poker.

These "difficulties" are equally experienced by all the PTP-ers - I say, in truth, it's one of the hardest & most intense things I've ever done, 5 hours of that is quite stressful. Very satisfying, though, & I love it.

Proof of that is that I'm contractually obligated to be on the Site only on PTP Nights - whereas in fact, I'm on it almost every night.

So, given those
     circumstances, I have to say.

1) I am a profitable player on Sky Poker, as evidenced above, despite playing under more difficult circumstances than most. I'm quite proud of that, actually - as the standard of play on here is becoming very high.

2) Sharkscope Stats are notoriously unreliable.

3) Please - all of you - do NOT use Sharkscope Stats except for your own benefit. Chat Box comments such as "I've seen your Scope Stats, you are a donkey" are wholly improper. And other players Sharkscope Stats should never be reproduced on this Forum.

There you go, all done & dusted now. It's a learning curve for all of us. Together, we are going places.

PS - I know you meant no malice Charlie, but if you think about it, this was a "bit embarrassing" for me, so I needed to put the record straight.

See you tonight, in the 7pm Deepie! It's my PTP night, so I'll try & make a Profit, eh?
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009

my brother loves u 2 tk...
    edited September 2009

OK Guys, that's it.

Next case!

See you toinight, in PTP.

x
  • LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited September 2009
    tikay's and also ed's knowledge of poker is essential viewing,anyone who is  thinking of buying poker books i would tell them to save their money and just listen to these guys instead.
    edited September 2009
    This thread is pretty stupid tbh as you can see by the confusion caused.I DON'T think flash was trying to make the presenters look bad or stupid it was just naivety on his part im sure the mods or admin people can delete this thread.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    Correct. But once it was in the domain, I had to have right of reply.
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    OK Guys, that's it. Next case! See you toinight, in PTP. x
    Posted by Tikay10

hiya m8 u in 7pm deepy by any chance

dtw
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice? :     hiya m8 u in 7pm deepy by any chance    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    No - but I will be in 30 seconds.....

See you later!
  • ChhasChhas Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2009
    Tikay, you are the jewel in sky's crown without question. No one needs to be dismembered this way, joking or not, on a public forum. You didn't need to explain yourself to most of us but chose to set the record straight. Very honourable in my opinion. Has anyone checked tikay's wikipedia page? The man has accomplished more in life and in poker than most of us could dream of achieving. My poker knowledge has improved immeasurably since the start of sky poker and purely because of the presenters and analysts. Dont feed the fish is an expression used a lot in poker but we should be grateful we are all fed daily. 
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    The problem with checking these stats on sharkscope is, some players use a different alias on different sites
    But if I'm using Sharkscope on you then I only care, and have access to, the data on your Sky Poker ID.  Also other disciplines of poker are irrelevant when playing NLHE.  I'm sure if I played Omaha Hi-Lo then I would look like a total fish but you can't base that read on my NLHE game where I am only a marginal fish :)
    In PTP Cash Games, as you all know, when I get a big hand, or flop a set, I type in the Chat-Box "BIG HAND ALERT". Folks frequently ignore that, but I do it all the time, & never falsify the situation.  I also "show" every single winning hand, except Bluffs - I consider it commercially improper to "stick it in the eye" of our Clients, so I rarely Show bluffs. I do bluff on occasion, of course.
    Actually I think this is unacceptable Tikay.  Surely that players that sit down and play with you want to do so because you are the site number one 'celebrity' player, they want you to play them with you A-game and if they get beat then at least they have a story that the guy from the TV beat my AA with a flopped set or something.

Say you flopped a set, someone has an overpair...you ship it in and then type in BIG HAND ALERT...they fold knowing that you are an honest guy and probably have them beat.  Now what if I had been sat in the seat that you were in, I woulda stacked the guy, not only affecting the stacks but also the whole table dynamic from here on in.

Basically tikay, while I realise that you are playing the PTP account the way you do for genuine reasons, I still think that your playing style should stay the same.
    whilst the different Tables are popping up incessently. (They pop-up VERY fast in 6 Seater Format)
    This is a very weird glitch in the software I feel.  I use firefox and multi-table.  For some reason last week the tables were popping up as you described, and then the next day, they stopped doing it and it was back to normal.  Maybe something you could ask the tech guys cos I have heard a few people complain about this.

• JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice? : Correct. But once it was in the domain, I had to have right of reply.
    Posted by Tikay10
    100% agree with you tk and i wasn't suggesting you didn't as i said it was just naivety on flashes part that caused this,since then you have provided all your personal info of your br on each account im just sorry you had to EVEN IF YOU DON'T MIND.A lot of us see the bigger picture and we apprieciate all the HOUR'S you put in on this site/forum which is probably more than a full time job.Also would like to mention rich, mich and james just incase they dont see or reply in this thread they are all good players in their own right and play a big part also in the sky poker community.
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited September 2009
    Anybody else think that it's time to close this thread?
  • daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2009
    Anybody with a bit of intution can gather TK has made a success of Poker. Whether or not he's doing well on Sky now or not (even though his claims suggest he is) isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. A two year swing for TK after a life of poker profits is no biggie.

Personally I think TK's advice is 10 years old and he should be more aggressive but it's hardly my place to say anything!
    edited September 2009

Scortty,

I take your point about the "BIG HAND ALERT" thing. you are, in a way, right.

But I do it for a reason. I'm not here to bust people, or to go bust, I'm here to chill with the Players - many of whom are now friends - & to try, in the case of the newer, less experienced, players - to maybe try & help them a bit with their game.

My normal style (away from Sky Poker) is to trap players, my MO is the check-rasise, sometimes with Air, sometimes with the nuts. All things considered, I don't think that's the optimum way to play at a PTP Table. The idea is not really for the PTP-ers to bust players.

Treading the fine line between busting them, & getting busted, is not that easy. but it's worked out fine so far, & I don't plan to change yet awhile.

But I do see your point. We all use different means to coach/mentor/teach.

I'd really like this thread to die down, everything that needs to be said has been said.

Feel free, anyone, to use the PM Service if I can clarify anything further.
  • ChhasChhas Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2009
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Not only closed but also removed.
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    Posted by KnackersYa
    I think so. MODS!