You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poor Etiquette in deep stack

Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all i have just been involved in a deep stack, and have been left very dispointed by the play of 1 player. This is wot happened, they suddenly say ive got 2 go so im going all in the nxt hand.

They then tell everyone at the table they have 10 4. In my opinion this is totally wrong and the best option would of been for this player 2 push without tellin ne1 wot hand they have. Or just log out and get blinded away,

Wot does every 1 else think of this situation, Ozzie

Comments

• Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Poor Etiquette in deep stack:
    Hi all i have just been involved in a deep stack, and have been left very dispointed by the play of 1 player. This is wot happened, they suddenly say ive got 2 go so im going all in the nxt hand. They then tell everyone at the table they have 10 4. In my opinion this is totally wrong and the best option would of been for this player 2 push without tellin ne1 wot hand they have. Or just log out and get blinded away, Wot does every 1 else think of this situation, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    I agree but what can you do?
    I have seen people do this with a hidden 'big' hand!
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited September 2009
    name and shame ozzie m8
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    Hi all i have just been involved in a deep stack, and have been left very dispointed by the play of 1 player. This is wot happened, they suddenly say ive got 2 go so im going all in the nxt hand. They then tell everyone at the table they have 10 4. In my opinion this is totally wrong and the best option would of been for this player 2 push without tellin ne1 wot hand they have. Or just log out and get blinded away, Wot does every 1 else think of this situation, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    Ozzie, the person that did this is totally in the wrong because under no circumstances should any1 announce their actual hand. Besides, if he gets a double or trebble up, he may decide actually i dont want to go out afterall!

He should simply say sorry guys i have to go, and let himself be blinded out.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Poor Etiquette in deep stack:
    name and shame ozzie m8
    Posted by DELTA
    no i dont want 2 do that m8, its just if you got 2 go just chuck your chips in the middle dont tell every1 wot you got. No nned for that imo, Ozzie
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Poor Etiquette in deep stack : Ozzie, the person that did this is totally in the wrong because under no circumstances should any1 announce their hand. Besides, if he gets a double or trebble up, he may decide actually i dont want to go out afterall! He should simply say sorry guys i have to go, and let himself be blinded out.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thats very true gregg suddenly sittin there with 21k instead of the 7k may look a totally different gm 2 them. At least this person did actually have 10 4, Ozzie
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited September 2009
    i wonder is it possible for sky to put a rule in place , any one have any ideas how this could be done .
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    YES TOTALLY WRONG HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME THE OTHER DAY BLOKE SAID GOT 2 GO GOING ALL IN CALL ME PILLOWMAN DID WITH A GOOD HAND AND THE BLOKE FLUKED THE WIN HE DID IT TWICE MORE LUCKY FOR ME I HIT KINGS TO KNOCK HIM OUT.MIND YOU PILLOWMAN STILL MANAGED TO COME BACK AND KNOCK ME OUT ON THE BUBBLE LOL. BUT IF YOU CANT PLAY FOR A TIME OR FOR THE REST OF THE TOURNY YOU SHOULD TELL EVERYONE AND GO AWAY LET YOUSELF BE BLINDED OUT IF YOU DO COME BACK YOU SHOULD LET EVERYONE KNOW YOU ARE BACK BEFORE CONTINUING TO PLAY
  • Options
    RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
    edited September 2009
    I was and am still sat at that table; I would have named the culprit, but table concensus is that its probably an inexperienced player. But, I have noted the name as have the others playing and I am sure someone will point it out to them in due course.

Ironically, if they had sat out in this Deep Stack format they could possibly have still picked up a place and league points and may bes some cash instead of leaving the table with nothing but bad feelings.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    Your   right Ozzie, that  does  p i s s    everyone  off  when that happens   glk
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Your   right Ozzie, that  does  p i s s    everyone  off  when that happens   glk
    Posted by bennydip2
    Yes benny every 1 was not 2 impressed by this, but hopefully people reading this thread it might stop some people from following this example. I know you have 2 go sometimes thats not the problem, Its tellin people wot cards you have that bugs me.
    gl at the tbs yaself benny, Ozzie
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    Posted by Ozzie08

i agree with u m8 don't know why they do it as it spoils the game
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited September 2009
    hi oz--i figured out a fairer way  one time in a satellite 4 d open--i knew i wouldnt be back in time to play in it so i told the table they can all have 500 chips each if they call my raise in turn--so the man to my left calls the 500 raise and i fold on the flop without even checking--then the next man-and so on--obviously they all have to agree--someone said-"but what if i get aces and its not my turn"?--i said if anyone gets aa-kk or qq--just say "big one" in the chat box and we'll change the order  ---no-one did so it worked out fine and everyone got 500 chips---i think it was fairer than login out because an away player can also ruin the game play when the blinds get bigger--- also --i thought--if i just keep going all in i might knock  out someone with a-k with a silly hand and really pee them off--what you think?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think yr a nutter oynutter m8 lol, other than that, how can a away person affect the gm they are not there, if you get a hand you riase, and if you dont the small blind takes the aways persons bb.Ozzie
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yes oz--but thats not really fair either because the small blind would get most of my chips--and it ruins game play because this annoys other players and they often raise to steal when they wouldnt normally do so
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yes oz--but thats not really fair either because the small blind would get most of my chips--and it ruins game play because this annoys other players and they often raise to steal when they wouldnt normally do so
    Posted by oynutter
    Every 1 has the same chance 2 nick the blinds, wots the diff of nickin when every1 is there 2 when 1 person is away. If u think some1 is nickin push bk against em. They cant call if there raisein with AIR, Ozzie
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    and another thing--if you take the time to read my profile page you will see (where its says descibe yourself) that i have written "probably not a nutter"--so there----lol
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    thats it exactly oz--when the blinds get big it completely changes the game play-- someone may raise a third of thier stack just to take my blind---get re-raised--have to fold--lost a third of thier stack because i was away!--i seen it happen loads of times m8
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,242
    edited September 2009
    think the key here is not how to play or not play against someone who is going or not but the fact that they told their hand.  unacceptable imo.

sky can do something about this and have done in the past - disqualified someone who won a tourny having done it.  they can do this again and that will get the message through to person concerned and all others who may be tempted to do this too
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Posted by Ozzie08
    Hi Ozzie

This one is a toughie, partly because it is not a rule, therefore it is hard to enforced, this does not mean however it should be done, so players need to be educated as to what is good and bad form as it were, a little explanation in the chatbox would be in order, again however if that person has a genuine reason for having to leave the game I think there would have been better ways of dealing with it, maybe typing in the chatbox really have to go, need to lose? and than push hoping of course they dont hit, its hard. Telling the other played what she/he had doesnt guarantee that the hand would lose.

I think all we can do is keep chipping away at players like this so they will hopefuly learn.
  • Options
    RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
    edited September 2009

Having considered this for a couple of hours, I think they should be chat banned, the powers that be know (or can easily find out) who we are talking about and that will get the message home.