You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poor Etiquette in deep stack

Comments

• Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Poor Etiquette in deep stack:
    In Response to Poor Etiquette in deep stack : Hi Ozzie This one is a toughie, partly because it is not a rule, therefore it is hard to enforced, this does not mean however it should be done, so players need to be educated as to what is good and bad form as it were, a little explanation in the chatbox would be in order, again however if that person has a genuine reason for having to leave the game I think there would have been better ways of dealing with it, maybe typing in the chatbox really have to go, need to lose? and than push hoping of course they dont hit, its hard. Telling the other played what she/he had doesnt guarantee that the hand would lose. I think all we can do is keep chipping away at players like this so they will hopefuly learn.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Cheers 4 the reply barry i know its a tricky problem, but as i have said before i dont mind that they have left the game, if u have to leave u have to leave which is fair enough. Its the whole tellin the tb wot cards u have i disagree with. If im level on chips with 1 player and this player calls with j7 for example and wins the hand and db ups on me thats going 2 put me in a tricky posistion to gain chips on him.

There is no way this player is callin with his hand if the other plyer dosent say ive got 10 4 im pushin all in because i got 2 go. Ive seen this happen many times with raggy cards callin these bets because they see it as gd risk 2 reawrd policy. Ne way the hand that did call in this situation was QQ so he was callin all day neways. Gl at the tbs barry, Ozzie
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited September 2009
    Having considered this for a couple of hours, I think they should be chat banned, the powers that be know (or can easily find out) who we are talking about and that will get the message home.
    Posted by Rattious
    i think people have been chat banned for this reason--it is against the rules to announce your holding--so if someone does it--tell them not to--if they carry on--threaten to report them
  • Options
    RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
    edited September 2009

Cheers Nutter, hopefully the eye in the sky will look at them closely.

Gl tonight, I hope we avoid each other until late in the proceedings. Having said that I'll no doubt see you in five!

• Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    OZZIE SHOCKING MATE.... LET ME KNOW HIS/HER NAME..... ;-)) GIVE EM  A TASTE OF THERE OWN MEDICINE...HOPE ALL IS GOOD SHARKY!!
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2009
    OZZIE SHOCKING MATE.... LET ME KNOW HIS/HER NAME..... ;-)) GIVE EM  A TASTE OF THERE OWN MEDICINE...HOPE ALL IS GOOD SHARKY!!
    Posted by jimbo31
    Everything is gr8 m8, gl 2nite on the tbs jimbo, Ozzie
  • Options
    Andyp42Andyp42 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    I was in this game, in fact I was the player who went all in with QQ who took the players stack.

My view is it was bad form but the player thought she was doing us a favour....we were in a deep stack, to blind her out would have taken a long time.  she declared she was all in way before she did it and declared her hand...no one in that sense was disadvantaged...it was luck of the draw who had a good hand and in that sense unfair...but I was all in on my previous hand and had already decided to go all in on this one.

I've played with players in rl who talk about their cards, is this the same thing?  Upshot is...I think it was bad from but I don't think it was malicious and I'm glad we haven't named the player as I think it was an error and certainly not cheating or anything.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited September 2009
    i was in this game also , nope i dont think the  player should be chat banned or named , a mistake yes but a rule should be put in place .

• Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2009
    Hi Guys

This is all very dangerous I have been in games where it has been said.. "sorry got to go" then they go all in every hand and no-one believes them and they are still there half an hour later......their chip stack now much higher. Their urgency apparently gone.
    The best way I think is to say nothing and just keep going all in....til a player takes  the plunge to call.
    Maybe then when they get beaten they can just make an apology in the chat box, as an explanation to their play.         In most games if a player continually goes "all in" its not long before another player calls.
    I partly agree with Ozzie and Oynutter, if a player is away it does automatically change the game. I also think it is very hard to expect sky to control this situation but maybe they could give us an opinion on what a player should do if they have to leave the game unexpectedly. This is more likely to happen in the deep stacks as these games always take a lot longer.

Pam
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2009
    Hi again,

Just as a added note a player can be marked away due to technical problems beyond their control and of course this has the same effect on the game and there can be no solution to that problem..... It is "Just Poker"

• Options
    TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Poor Etiquette in deep stack:
    Hi all i have just been involved in a deep stack, and have been left very dispointed by the play of 1 player. This is wot happened, they suddenly say ive got 2 go so im going all in the nxt hand. They then tell everyone at the table they have 10 4. In my opinion this is totally wrong and the best option would of been for this player 2 push without tellin ne1 wot hand they have. Or just log out and get blinded away, Wot does every 1 else think of this situation, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    I think sky should show them the red card (or red postillion) and ban them from playing for a week.Problem solved.
    Couldnt sky help organise a players committee, like working mens clubs,not being sexist just an example.they could have a private thread to discuss and decide themselves what to do in situations like this.You could easily get 12 fair people from people who use the forums alot, and it can only help sky poker. What do people think???
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited September 2009
    hi  ozzzie  seen  that   done  lots  of  times   take  my  advice    u  just  dont   belive  them   know  how  u feel  terrible tactic
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Poor Etiquette in deep stack : I think sky should show them the red card (or red postillion) and ban them from playing for a week.Problem solved. Couldnt sky help organise a players committee, like working mens clubs,not being sexist just an example.they could have a private thread to discuss and decide themselves what to do in situations like this.You could easily get 12 fair people from people who use the forums alot, and it can only help sky poker. What do people think???
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Hi Tortus

I think that the term Working Men's Clubs now exist in name only, as certainly in my club women are full members and serve on the committee, in fact I think should have been done some time ago imo, (Yes I have served on a WMC committee) until about 9 months ago until Ill health got me siiiiigggghhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited September 2009
    in fact players who say that are clearlly not a poker player and is only here to spoil it for the rest
    i understand when players go on away when its connection problems but that is mainly only for a short time
    and when they return they write in chat and say soz ppl connection probs
    but those that say ive got to go an say there cards are clearly in my opinion not a poker player
    and yes it spoils the other players game and enjoyment
    for one if i ever thought i might have to go between the game play i will just not enter it
    and wait for another that i can complete
    and i think it is wrong going on away straight after they have built there stack cos an away player does change the game
    i also think that eventually it will be good poker players in these deepstacks as they are very long games

well done ozzie for a good heads up very enjoyable
                                                                                                                                see u all on the tables and the very best of luck to all

be lucky from lucky
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i still think my idea was a good one--and that there should be a button you can press if you go away and are not coming back---this button could just divide your chips out to the remaining players
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited September 2009
    what u mean the players left on table or in the tournement
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited September 2009
    I think there might be some mileage in the idea that you could press a button to retire from a game and have your chips divided amongst either the rest of the table or all remaining in the tournament.

Strictly, the fairest way would be to divide amongst the entire remaining field in the tournament.

I think this would be a valuable addition to the functions on sky poker.  It is simply reality that on occasion things happen that mean a player needs to leave a tournament and there is no doubt that affects the dynamic of the game for players left at the table, either through someone gaining a lot of chips, or through the gaining of blinds where the person sat to the left of the departed person would be most likely to gain through their advantageous position.

I would love to see this introduced to avoid the situation described earlier in the thread. great idea.
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited September 2009
    How about this...

If a player is sat out for more than 30 minutes, they have to post a big blind on every hand until they are out?

• Options
    edited September 2009
    it would definately sort this kind of problem out once and for all --yeh--divide them among the whole tourney would be best--or take thier chips out of the tourney altogether-one way or the other there should be a "retire" button so that a player can go out without affecting game play-- sky rich --what do you think?---this problem does annoy people and the game play of the whole table should not be affected by someone having to leave the game
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    GUYS... I THINK UR GOING A BIT TO FAR IN INTRODUCING RETIRE BUTTONS AND DIVIDE CHIPS UP.... THIS DOES HAPPEN FACT AND VERY ONLY VERY OCCASIONALLY... I HAVENT SEEN IT FOR A WHILE AND I HATE IT AS MUCH AS THE NEXT PERSON.... BUT TO GET ALL TECHNICL WIV THESE DEAS IS IMO A BIT DAFT... LETS SUPPOSE SOMEONE SITS OUT FOR A WHILE COZ THEY HAVE GOT A YOUNG CHILD TO TEND TO OR AN IMPORTANT CALL... DO THEY RETIRE,,, AND IF THEY TYPE IN THE CHAT BOX BE BACK SOON GOT TO SORT MY KIDS OUT.... IM ALL IN... WHO WILL BELIEVE IT.... KEEP IT AS IT IS... NO NEED FOR CHANGE JUST PLAYER NOTE THE PEOPLE THAT DO IT.... IT CAN ALSO BE CLASSED AS A FORM OF "ANGLE GRINDING" YOU ARE ALWAYS GOING TO GET POOR ETIQUETTE... AND IS HAS BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME THAN ANY OF US... SO UVE JUST GOT TO HIGHLIGHT IT AND GET ON WITH IT.... JEEZ I USED TO BE THE MOST UNETIQUETTE PERSON AT A TABLE A YEAR OR SO AGO...AND I KNOW A FEW PLAYERS WILL BACK THAT UP... I USED TO REVEAL MY HOLDINGS...GIVE A BIT OF ABUSE ETC THE WAY I LEARNT WASA GENTLE NUDGE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.... THATS ALL IT NEEDS.. AND PEOPLE SOON GET THE JIST.... IF U BANG ON ABOUT IT... THEY DO IT MORE...CHEERS JIM;-)
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    How about this... If a player is sat out for more than 30 minutes, they have to post a big blind on every hand until they are out?
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Hi All
    in live tournies this is generally what happens and is by far the fairest way to do it, either that or simply take the chips out of play.
    col