You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SKY POKER FORUM NAPS TABLE

Comments

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,360
    edited February 2011
    Hi all,

Thought it might be useful to have a review of the first week of the competition. (For positions see table in first post of this thread)

Out of the 48 competitors only 7 people were successful although a disappointing 16 didn't put in Naps, hopefully they will join us from now on.

Of the 7 successes 4 picked the good novice Quinz (8-1 ) which i wouldn't be surprised will now go for the Grand National. It must have a good chance off 10 stone 8lbs if getting the trip but beware a seven year old rarely wins at Aintree. The price was good for this race with Fistral Beach being an overrated favourite. Congratulations to Maxally, Fins, chrispip and billyboots for getting this winner. 

Andybuck went for the northern maestro Donald McCain with Reindeer Dippin who did well to hold on at 9-2 in the slog which was Newcastle. Wow was that Eider Chase tough later and unfortunately although Spartan3 and mk gunner got the right trainer in this they got the wrong horse.

Off the Flat tipsters only littlelou got a winner when Suits Me won the 4.20 at 100-30. 6 people went for horses in the 2-10 but were thwarted when Norville came back to form to win.

This leaves one lucky sod called The Head Lad, who is he I ask. He would like to thank David Bass who gave his horse Ocean Transit a superb ride and the punters and bookies who let a dead cert drift out to 12-1.

I have suggested he doesn't boast too much as pride often goes before a fall and their is plenty of them to come in the next few weeks.

Good luck with all your horseracing activities and look forward to receiving 48 naps this week.

God Bless you all

Father Vaigret   

• NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER FORUM NAPS TABLE:
    Hi all, Thought it might be useful to have a review of the first week of the competition. (For positions see table in first post of this thread) Out of the 48 competitors only 7 people were successful although a disappointing 16 didn't put in Naps, hopefully they will join us from now on. Of the 7 successes 4 picked the good novice Quinz (8-1 ) which i wouldn't be surprised will now go for the Grand National. It must have a good chance off 10 stone 8lbs if getting the trip but beware a seven year old rarely wins at Aintree. The price was good for this race with Fistral Beach being an overrated favourite. Congratulations to Maxally, Fins, chrispip and billyboots for getting this winner.  Andybuck went for the northern maestro Donald McCain with Reindeer Dippin who did well to hold on at 9-2 in the slog which was Newcastle. Wow was that Eider Chase tough later and unfortunately although Spartan3 and mk gunner got the right trainer in this they got the wrong horse. Off the Flat tipsters only littlelou got a winner when Suits Me won the 4.20 at 100-30. 6 people went for horses in the 2-10 but were thwarted when Norville came back to form to win.   This leaves one lucky sod called The Head Lad, who is he I ask. He would like to thank David Bass who gave his horse Ocean Transit a superb ride and the punters and bookies who let a dead cert drift out to 12-1.   I have suggested he doesn't boast too much as pride often goes before a fall and their is plenty of them to come in the next few weeks. Good luck with all your horseracing activities and look forward to receiving 48 naps this week. God Bless you all Father Vaigret        
    Posted by vaigret
    I was going to back this at first being similar to my username. If i was in a cartoon i would be Norbit from Norville :D lol.

However i went with the horse in best form so just shows ya, go with your first pick. Norville won at 12s aswell i think.

Keep up the good work vaigret! Great thread and love the table on the first page!

Grats on your 12/1 winner aswell!
  • HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited March 2011
    Yep well done on your 12-1 winner Father, interestingly as a collective, only counting those who 'played'...

We Are UP £ 28.88 !!

[Losing bets minus £23- , winning bets plus £51.88, well done everyone]
    edited March 2011

Norbit

Thanks for the kind words by the way at least you went on form in that race Norville won, I went for his stablemate with Mr Spencer. Bad move as well.

Thanks Hitman

Interesting that we are up overall, well done team

Father Vaigret

edited March 2011
    Hi all,

Second day of the competition tomorrow and all naps have to be with me by 1.15pm Saturday 5th March 2011.

Unfortunately I wont be able to give the same service as last week as I am out in the morning. ie you wont get immediate confirmation your nap has been logged.

However please note all Naps posted by new posts on this thread or by PM before the deadline will be logged and the table with selections will be posted in the first post of this thread as soon as possible. Hopefully early on in the afternoon.

Good luck to everybody

God bless you all

Father Vaigret 
  • shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited March 2011
    Our Father runs in the 2.55 @ Newbury, currently 7/4 i assume you shall be on?
    edited March 2011
    LOL shazallin

Might be worth a bet certtainly topical

Father Vaigret
  • jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited March 2011
    Can I put my tip for tomorrow now so I dont forget again?If so Character Building in the 3:15 at Donny please.If cant will try to write again tomorrow.Reason for selection is cos big fan of J Quinn and hoping fav jockey(and most improved this year in my opinion)Dougie Costello is on it.Thanks 

edited March 2011
    Hi Jack da,

Your nap is logged and I hope you got Blue Nymph like I did this afternoon.

Father Vaigret
    edited March 2011
    Hi all,

No stand out bet this week so I am torn between three or four.

The Head Lad's Nap is Cornish Sett 2.25 Newbury

Second choices were Credit Crunched, Presenting Forever and Russian Flag in no particular order.

Lets hope I picked the right one again.

Good Luck to everybody

Father Vaigret
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited March 2011
    IM GOING FOR AWESOME FREDDIE IN THE 2.10 AT DONCASTER
  • NINSNANNYNINSNANNY Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2011
    MISS TEENY BASH IN THE 4.50 AT KELSO PLEASE
  • moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited March 2011
    4.10 Newbury Rangitoto