You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cricket world cup - preview, and DOH's bets.

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Cricket world cup - preview, and DOH's bets.:
    Sri Lanka 4/1 I think its a great bet, with the spinners that they have got e.g. Murali, Mendis and part time off spin from Dilshan. Sri Lanka will be a real threat in this tournament and the likes of Sangakarra, Dilshan, Thuranga and Jayawardanna at the top of the order.
    Posted by JIMMYMAD
    +1
  • Options
    JIMMYMADJIMMYMAD Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2011
    Especially on the sub continent wickets spinners are the key and Sri Lanka have the best spinner in the world!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2011

With Tamim getting off to a good start, I'm looking forward to watching Gayle this morning.

Will probably be his toughest innings of the group stages against South Africa's new ball attack, I'd take 50 now......................

Whooooops, softest dismissal Ive ever seen. FML.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    With Tamim getting off to a good start, I'm looking forward to watching Gayle this morning. Will probably be his toughest innings of the group stages against South Africa's new ball attack, I'd take 50 now...................... Whooooops, softest dismissal Ive ever seen. FML.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'd take 5 now. Lets hope none of the others get too many runs this innings. Darren Bravo looks a top player!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeh I'm in one of those awkward situations I try to avoid when betting.

I'm really enjoying watching him bat, and don't really want it to end.....I'm so engrossed, I didn't even realise Jeremy Kyle had started until 5 minutes ago !!!!!!

Just a shame Gayle isn't at the other end.

Tahir will take 3/4
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeh I'm in one of those awkward situations I try to avoid when betting. I'm really enjoying watching him bat, and don't really want it to end.....I'm so engrossed, I didn't even realise Jeremy Kyle had started until 5 minutes ago !!!!!! Just a shame Gayle isn't at the other end. Tahir will take 3/4
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Great performance by Gayle this moring ay JJ 

;)

• Options
    edited February 2011
    haha yeh alright alright !!!!

Every batsman will fail once or twice !!! But yeh it was a kak start, rly disappointed :(

Tahir has got 3 wickets so far though, and dropped a sitter of a caught and bowled.

Edit - 4  ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ye got to say Tahir surprised me with all his variation, WI didn't have a clue!

Got to say have a bet on Mendis for leading wicket taker of tournament good bet i'll tell ya 

;)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really hope Gayle picks up, it's still early doors but that boy Bravo batting at 3 looks the part. He's got Lara's stamp written all over him.

Anyway il be up in the morning hoping to see Bangladesh batting first against Ireland and in particular, Tamim Iqbal smashing it to all parts. If Tamim races well clear of the rest of his team mates in next two games or so, it might be worth try to cover our double with another bet on a WI batsman. Still early doors though. (Ive said early doors twice now, ooops three times).
  • Options
    EdGiddinsEdGiddins Member Posts: 245
    edited February 2011
    dont really have any advice on bets for the tournament as i would not want anyone following my advice but just wanted to respond to what i have read about the england team, directed at you mainly jj...trott is our only world class batsmen on current form and our main hope of getting anywhere in this world cup...he should be the first name on the teamsheet, certainly ahead of bell and kp.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Noooooooooooooo you just don't understand you people.

Wait till we're chasing 380 on Sunday and Trott is on 60 off 80 balls.

It's not good enough.

You'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

----------------------------------------

Bang were 140-4 when I woke up, feared the worst, but saw that Tamim got another solid 44........

Big score around the corner for him.
  • Options
    godsluck88godsluck88 Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2011
    Noooooooooooooo you just don't understand you people. Wait till we're chasing 380 on Sunday and Trott is on 60 off 80 balls. It's not good enough. You'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ---------------------------------------- Bang were 140-4 when I woke up, feared the worst, but saw that Tamim got another solid 44........ Big score around the corner for him.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    my bet today
    Class/SportEvent Type EventMarketDateSelectionNotes
    CricketICC World CupBangladesh v IrelandBangladesh Most Runs 25/02/2011 08:30Tamin Iqbal @ 5/2
    CricketICC World CupAustralia v New ZealandTotal Run Outs 25/02/2011 04:00Under 1.5 Run Outs (Win) @ 4/7
    Just waiting on the bangladesh tail to get bowled out.

• Options
    jesusdog22jesusdog22 Member Posts: 348
    edited February 2011
    Noooooooooooooo you just don't understand you people. Wait till we're chasing 380 on Sunday and Trott is on 60 off 80 balls. It's not good enough. You'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ---------------------------------------- Bang were 140-4 when I woke up, feared the worst, but saw that Tamim got another solid 44........ Big score around the corner for him.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    dohhh boy i can understand that you always dismiss my views about trott after all its just 1 guys opinion versus anothers, but now you have dismissed the biews of a guy who has played test crciket for england , a guy who im sure you will admit is much better placed to give a honest decent opinion that should be respected...in fact JJ your about the only person i have ever heard talk about trott like this. now i know you yorkshire boys are stubborn but even you have to admit maybe just maybe your wrong and everyone else in the world is correct
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ENGLAND NEED TROTT

England need a man like Trott that comes in an anchors the innings yes JJ he might had 60 of 80 but then people around him need to be upping the RR (run rate). If Trott bats through the innings and gets around 90 of 110 the rest of the team should be looking to scoring atleast 200+

Overall we need Trott to anchor the innings Strauss has showed that he can accelerate  
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just realised Mendis isn't even playing for Sri Lanka today......

????????

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Trott debate will run and run and run.

Nobody wants him to go out and win the world cup for England more than I do.

As for disagreeing with Ed, surely thats nothing compared to me disagreeing with Andy Flower and the selectors?

My point about that guy....not only is he in-capable of fullfilling the role he is required at number 3......

It's the pressre he puts on more talented players who have to wait around for a bat while he scratches his way to 60 off 80 then gets out trying to accellerate.

He doesnt score 100 off 120 balls anywhere near enough to justify his selection. The times he does, great. The times he doesn't (the big games against the best teams) he leaves the more powerful, more talented lower order little chance of recovering the game for England.

The guy has been unbelievably fortunate with his ODI career so far, he's scored sooooooooo many soft rns, 50/60 not outs against the minnows, or when we're chasing 200 to win and he can coast his way to yet another "average boosting" score.

I think after the world cup he should take the decision away from the selectors and retire from limited overs cricket.

Anyone remember how we won the world 20 20 cup less than a year ago??

Out and out attack, no fear cricket, packing the order with batsmen who can hit 6s and score 20 off an over.

But fingers crossed, Trott might come out on Sunday morning and do a Sehwag!!! Lol ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Here it comes then.

70/1 off 9 overs.

Openers got him off to a flyer....

Come in and express yourself Trott, what have you got??????????????????? ....................

How ul is KP btw :(

FAIL

Least he failed relatively quickly, gg, now goooooooooo BELL!!!
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2011
     Am in serious danger of goping on life tilt whilst watching this game.This is with the commentary not the game. Who is this Andrew STROSS guy they keep talking about?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    DOHH the big man Strauss putting on a master-class!!

;)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    dont really have any advice on bets for the tournament as i would not want anyone following my advice but just wanted to respond to what i have read about the england team, directed at you mainly jj...trott is our only world class batsmen on current form and our main hope of getting anywhere in this world cup...he should be the first name on the teamsheet, certainly ahead of bell and kp.
    Posted by EdGiddins
    Poor effort Ed...not knowing that Strauss is one-day captain! Even Hartigan knew!
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Now that Gayle has got a start, I feel this could be a "bet defining innings"

It's set up perfectly for him....

Goooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

EDIT !!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** batting powerplay. What a wasted opportunity that was. Still, 80 gets him back in the hunt.