You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cricket world cup - preview, and DOH's bets.

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2011

Don't spose anyone knows where I stand with my main bet???

I can't find the individual team leading scorers anywhere.........

I think Tamim is comfortable, but Gayle probably needs a 100 against england (sigh).........

Anyone know a link to the stats or something?
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2011
    Have a look on www.espncricinfo.com they all the results and stats on there.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cricket world cup - preview, and DOH's bets.:
    Don't spose anyone knows where I stand with my main bet??? I can't find the individual team leading scorers anywhere......... I think Tamim is comfortable, but Gayle probably needs a 100 against england (sigh)......... Anyone know a link to the stats or something?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think with Imrul Kayes getting 73 today and Tamim getting 0, Kayes is leading.

Not sure about Gayle
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Thanx Dave.

I was wrong !!!!

Tamim is in trouble too.

Bang 
    Kayes - 184
    Tamim - 152
    Junaid - 122
    Shakib -  122

Windies
    Smith - 202
    Pollard - 154
    Gayle - 119
    Bravo - 112

Both have 1 game left.....

Conclusion......I'm fooooookd !!!!! Gayle missing out with injury against Ireland was a big blow :(

Miracles do happen I guess.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanx Dave. I was wrong !!!! Tamim is in trouble too. Bang  Kayes - 184 Tamim - 152 Junaid - 122 Shakib -  122 Windies Smith - 202 Pollard - 154 Gayle - 119 Bravo - 112 Both have 1 game left..... Conclusion......I'm fooooookd !!!!! Gayle missing out with injury against Ireland was a big blow :( Miracles do happen I guess.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If the windies get through then maybe Gayle will have the QF to catch up.

Fingers crossed
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanx Dave. I was wrong !!!! Tamim is in trouble too. Bang  Kayes - 184 Tamim - 152 Junaid - 122 Shakib -  122 Windies Smith - 202 Pollard - 154 Gayle - 119 Bravo - 112 Both have 1 game left..... Conclusion......I'm fooooookd !!!!! Gayle missing out with injury against Ireland was a big blow :( Miracles do happen I guess.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The windies have two group games left. England tomorrow and India on Sunday, so at least Gayle has time to catch up. He certainly will be up for it against us!
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Won the toss :) Bat first.

We need to get 350, then bowl them out for 340, with Gayle getting 170 n.o :):):)

Amazed by that team selection, wtf is Luke Wright doing there. 

3 spinners on that wicket ftw.

Wright will go all over the park on that wicket tho, Ravi needs to loosen up!

edit - 22 off 8 !!!! Trott's on fire !! Maybe someone has had a word with him, much better !!!!!
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited March 2011

Never in doubt, was it? 8- />
  • Options
    edited March 2011

All bets gone wrong do far. I have three remaining...

england to win the tournament the only realistic chance I have, after Gayle and Tahir have both missed 2 of the group games.

Really disappointed about Tahir as he started the tournement really well.

To add some extra interest this week, I'm gonna have a tenner on the following teams making the semis @ 8/1.....

Pakistan
    India
    South Africa
    england

The middle 2 shud be nailed on, I have a sneaky feeling for the Windies this morning, but you can't really ignore the formbook, so I'll stick with Pakistan.

And no doubt if the first three come up, england will make me sweat on saturday, but thats standard.

Great to have it back, and finally it gets serious!!! Shud be some cracking games his week.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    All bets gone wrong do far. I have three remaining... england to win the tournament the only realistic chance I have, after Gayle and Tahir have both missed 2 of the group games. Really disappointed about Tahir as he started the tournement really well. To add some extra interest this week, I'm gonna have a tenner on the following teams making the semis @ 8/1..... Pakistan India South Africa england The middle 2 shud be nailed on, I have a sneaky feeling for the Windies this morning, but you can't really ignore the formbook, so I'll stick with Pakistan. And no doubt if the first three come up, england will make me sweat on saturday, but thats standard. Great to have it back, and finally it gets serious!!! Shud be some cracking games his week.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think Australia for me, India's bowling has looked very weak so far. It will be a great game!

South Africa will win it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Phew, form book ftw !!!

Windies been horrific.

I understand your concerns about the Indian bowling, but I raise you a poor, un-inspired 1 dimensional Austalian batting line up. 

Ponting may well get 100 off 110 balls, Clarke 65 off 80, Watson 40 off 40, Haddin 20 off 30, whatever, but I think that's the best they can possibly do, there's just no fire power, other than Watson, who struggles alot of the time to go past 50.

I think you could give Australia 300 (the best I feel they could possibly hope for) and India will still be odds on to chase it down.

Harbajan/Youvraj in the middle and Zaheer at the death will be enough to strangle/squeeze the Aussie middle order - my money is safe with the Indians. 

SA shud have too much for NZ.

Pakistan shud knock these off no problem

So it's already all on england to let me down!!!!!   ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Phew, form book ftw !!! Windies been horrific. I understand your concerns about the Indian bowling, but I raise you a poor, un-inspired 1 dimensional Austalian batting line up.  Ponting may well get 100 off 110 balls, Clarke 65 off 80, Watson 40 off 40, Haddin 20 off 30, whatever, but I think that's the best they can possibly do, there's just no fire power, other than Watson, who struggles alot of the time to go past 50. I think you could give Australia 300 (the best I feel they could possibly hope for) and India will still be odds on to chase it down. Harbajan/Youvraj in the middle and Zaheer at the death will be enough to strangle/squeeze the Aussie middle order - my money is safe with the Indians.  SA shud have too much for NZ. Pakistan shud knock these off no problem So it's already all on england to let me down!!!!!   ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok il flat your raise in position, with the fact in a couple of a games the Indians batting has collapsed at the end of the inings when batting first:

267-1 to 296 all out v S.Africa.
    218-3 to 268 all out v W.Indies.

The way I see it, is if India bat first then Australia have a great chance of winning, especially if Lee and co can nick out Sehwag and Tendulkar early.

Lets see what the flop brings!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Phew, form book ftw !!! Windies been horrific. I understand your concerns about the Indian bowling, but I raise you a poor, un-inspired 1 dimensional Austalian batting line up.  Ponting may well get 100 off 110 balls, Clarke 65 off 80, Watson 40 off 40, Haddin 20 off 30, whatever, but I think that's the best they can possibly do, there's just no fire power, other than Watson, who struggles alot of the time to go past 50. I think you could give Australia 300 (the best I feel they could possibly hope for) and India will still be odds on to chase it down. Harbajan/Youvraj in the middle and Zaheer at the death will be enough to strangle/squeeze the Aussie middle order - my money is safe with the Indians.  SA shud have too much for NZ. Pakistan shud knock these off no problem So it's already all on england to let me down!!!!!   ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Or 104 off 118 ;)

Few twists and turns to come, but think I'm looking good for 2/2
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wow u read that game perfect.

It would have been interesting to see India bat first though.

Good luck for the other two, hope our boys dont let you down
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Wow!!!

South Africa are cholking again!!!

No good for my bet, but if England manage a miracle tomorrow, we play New Zealand for a place in the final, which is v v v v winnable !!!!!

Still, hope SA can dig in here....   :(
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Well I don't Adam n Eve it.

SA done it again. 

I know alot of people backed them, sooooooooooo disappointing. 

England at 8/1 my last bet remaining to save my world cup!!!! Be ironic if my only winning bet is the one I placed with my heart rather than my head. 

Tahir 4th top wicket taker, having missed 2 games is abit of consolation mind, just abit unlucky in running with the injuries :(

Tomorrow cud be v  miserable if England under-perform on top of my hangover. Need to win some money tonight to make sure it's not a hat-trick of feeling cr appy !!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wtf is that guy doing batting at 3 for England. Seriously.

I've never seen a batsman so in-capable of hitting the ball to the boundary.

He just can't get it off the square.

If he's gonna play to hold the innings together, fine, bt when we're 160-3 off 40 overs he shud retire hurt, and let somebody else come in and actually try to hit the ball.

Whatever happened to accellerating through an innings? If anything he slows down towards the end.

Lets hope we can sqeeze, Dilshan out early please  :)
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2011
    That 9/2 for Sri Lanka at the start of the tournament looks a huge price now. They never really looked in trouble against New Zealand.
  • Options
    lordbobbylordbobby Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2011
    who's the pick for the final? murali struggling, mathews out.. india look a worthy fav'?
    bob
  • Options
    edited April 2011

What a brilliant innings this has been from Mahela. Full of class.

Trott could learn alot, came in with his side in abit of trouble, knocked it around at a run a ball for 10 overs, then accellerated through the innings to reach 100 off 80 balls.

This has been quality. On the big stage too.

Awareness of the situation, and ability to adapt to it. 

I don't think it will be enough though, due to the power of the Indian batting line up, but it's definitely game on!!!!!!!!

Watch out for Malinga the Slinga! Key man.