You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

accounts

lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
hi sky just wondering if it would be possible if you could allow players to have multi accounts but only can play one at any time
       thanks lucky

Comments

• BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    WHY?
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    In Response to accounts:
    hi sky just wondering if it would be possible if you could allow players to have multi accounts but only can play one at any time        thanks lucky
    Posted by lucky77777

hi lucky If you mean like 1 for sports betting  & 1 for poker  i would deffo like that as at the moment i have 2 bankrolls running on 1 account for footy bets & poker its been a nightmare as now each month 1 do me breakdown outlay/return/prof-loss etc i wonder would Sky Consider that it would be an easier way of me keeping Poker & Sports Betting seperate less accounting more playing & betting

dtw

ps have sorted 8 selections for midweek (tues & wed ) will post them on shed tomorrow m8)
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    Hi Guys,

i'm afraid it goes against our site rules for any customers to play under 2 separate accounts. we have a dedicated fraud team whose job it is to investigate and close down any multiple accounts they find.

thanks for being understanding everyone.

Rich
  • lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited September 2009
    hi rich well tikay has admitted having two accounts and plays both of them if its alright for one it should be alright for all to be absolutly fair
    edited September 2009
    Hey Lucky,

tikay is an exception to the rule i'm afraid. as he openly explains he plays under 2 accounts... 1 under his role as a sky employee and the other is his personal account. unfortunately we simply can't allow customers to play under 2 separate accounts.

thanks again,

Rich
    edited September 2009
    that really dont make sense
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2009

Tikay has a work account, which sky obviously pay for his PTP tourns etc... and then his own personal account in which he puts his own money into... quite straight forward...

edited September 2009
    hi rich any jobs going please
    edited September 2009
    Hey Lucky,

thanks for your post. if you'd like to find a job at sky take a look at this site here

there you can fill in your application details and search all the opportunities available.

all the best

Rich
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts:
    hi rich well tikay has admitted having two accounts and plays both of them if its alright for one it should be alright for all to be absolutly fair
    Posted by lucky77777
    Hi Lucky,

I did not "admit it", I made people aware of it, from Day One. "admit it" implies I had done something wrong. I have not.

As I have explained many times - hundreds of times, I'd say - I have 2 Accounts - TIKAY10" & "tikay1".

"TIKAY10" is funded by Sky Poker, it's not my money, & I use it on PTP & T-o-T nights only. "tikay1" is my own personal Accounts, I play on it most nights, & I fund it.

I don't think too many players are going to be duped by my two Accounts - the name "tikay" is the clue.

Multi-Accounting for the purposes of deceit &/or obfuscation is cheating, & is not permirtted on ANY well-run Online Poker Site. It happens - yes - but make no mistake, it's cheating.

Players caught Multi-Accounting on this, indeed most Sites, face having their Accounts Frozen, &, potentially, the Money may be with-held.

A guy named Mark Telscher will tell you all about the penalties of Multi-Accounting. He won the Sunday Millioin once, & his "winnings" were with-held as it was alleged he was Multi-Accounting.

Sky Poker are now particularly vigilant as to Multi-Accounts, & there have been several instances recently where Players have paid the price for this. And quite right, too.
    edited September 2009
    Posted by lucky77777
    What possible fair reason could you have for wanting two Accounts?

The Rule is there for a good reason - to make playing on the Site fair for all Players.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : What possible fair reason could you have for wanting two Accounts? The Rule is there for a good reason - to make playing on the Site fair for all Players.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would imagine to take advantage of the welcome bonus.

It is unfair that the rakeback offerered on the welcome bonus is far greater than on the cash for points promo IMO.
  • LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited September 2009
    a well known sky player was on at least 2 occasions on the tv show confirmed as being male(name was given) yet for the last few months is now well known as being female,..strange.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : I would imagine to take advantage of the welcome bonus. It is unfair that the rakeback offerered on the welcome bonus is far greater than on the cash for points promo IMO.
    Posted by scotty77
    Well that would be Fraud.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : I would imagine to take advantage of the welcome bonus. It is unfair that the rakeback offerered on the welcome bonus is far greater than on the cash for points promo IMO.
    Posted by scotty77
    Presumably the Welcome Bonus is per player not per account, therefore a player creating a 2nd account to get a 2nd chance at the Welcome Bonus would be fraudulant (as they had their one and only go under their original/legitimate account) and certainly not a FAIR reason as TK alluded to.

I can not think of ANY fair reason for regular customers to possess multiple accounts.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : Well that would be Fraud.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great minds ;)
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : Presumably the Welcome Bonus is per player not per account, therefor a player creating a 2nd account to get a 2nd chance at the Welcome Bonus would be fraudulant (as they had their one and only go under their original/legitimate account) and certainly not a FAIR reason as TK alluded to. I can not think of ANY fair reason for regular customers to possess multiple accounts.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    The welcome bonus was only introduced around a year ago, meaning that players who had been here from the start never had the opportunity to achieve it.

And FWIW back in the old days you could only register one debit/creidt card to your account, and the customer service people told me to open a new account each time so for about a year I had 3!

Sky did close them tho when they introduced their new payment system tho.
    edited September 2009
    a well known sky player was on at least 2 occasions on the tv show confirmed as being male(name was given) yet for the last few months is now well known as being female,..strange.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    If you suspect something is amiss or improper, as you suggest above, you should report it to Customer Support immediately.

Male players using "female" aliases, & vice-versa, however, is perfectly acceptable, as Male & Femals players are equal in ability, so no advantage is being gained.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : The welcome bonus was only introduced around a year ago, meaning that players who had been here from the start never had the opportunity to achieve it. And FWIW back in the old days you could only register one debit/creidt card to your account, and the customer service people told me to open a new account each time so for about a year I had 3! Sky did close them tho when they introduced their new payment system tho.
    Posted by scotty77
    Sorry Scotty, but your logic-train confuses me.

The Welcome Bonus was introduced after a certain period of time, but you are suggesting that means all Players who joined earlier are entitled to it. That kite will never fly!

If Tesco drop the price of a pound of eggs this week, we can't go there & ask them to refund the more expensive price we paid last week!

There are no acceptable reasons for Multi-Accounting.
  • dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : Sorry Scotty, but your logic-train confuses me. The Welcome Bonus was introduced after a certain period of time, but you are suggesting that means all Players who joined earlier are entitled to it. That kite will never fly! If Tesco drop the price of a pound of eggs this week, we can't go there & ask them to refund the more expensive price we paid last week! There are no acceptable reasons for Multi-Accounting.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I agree completely multi accounting is bang out of order. good post Tikay10 (or should that be Tikay1..................)

;-p lol