You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

accounts

13»

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts:
    In Response to Re: accounts : No, you are not wrong. However, there are certain situations in which there are exceptions - for instance, a player who self-excludes for, say, 12 months, cannot, under any circumstances, re-activate the Account in a lesser period. That is done for the players protection, & in line with Responsible Gaming guidelines.
    Posted by Tikay10
     And looking at it another way... Sky re-open their accoutn after 6 months, the player then goes on to lose a LARGE amount of money i.e their mortgage/house... they could then turn around to sky and say, "i told you not to let me play now iv lost everyhting im going to sue you"... so sky are covering their own backs as well as helping out the player
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : i can see no reason why sky will not re-open the account for him surely thats bad buisness.if i own a shop and a customer says they will shop else where and 2 weeks time come in to purchase something i am not going to turn them away.
    Posted by thesaint07
    I can only talk generally, & not specifically to any particular case, but......

Yes - on the face of it, it IS bad business. But ethically & morally, if someone has self-excluded, it's entirely correct,

At the bottom of this page is the Headline "RESPONSIBLE GAMING", with details below. Any good Poker Site would support Responsible Gaming, & yes, it's bad for business - but there has to be ethical & moral standards in these matters - gaming can be very addictive.
  • lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited September 2009
    hi everyone he has not got a gambling problem in fact hes a very good poker player and has not got the funds to play big money games so how can he lose a morgage if he has one you are just summising and loves the game of poker
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : If you suspect something is amiss or improper, as you suggest above, you should report it to Customer Support immediately. Male players using "female" aliases, & vice-versa , however, is perfectly acceptable, as Male & Femals players are equal in ability, so no advantage is being gained.
    Posted by Tikay10
    what do you mean male and female players are equal in ability. i wore my wifes dress changed the avatar to female called myself marlene wore all the make up and lost a double your money, i then reverted back to being a male and won the very next game- irrefutable proof that men are better than the ladies at poker so there.
    edited September 2009
    tikay if you can play with skys money how comes he cant play mine 
    edited September 2009
    hi everyone he has not got a gambling problem in fact hes a very good poker player and has not got the funds to play big money games so how can he lose a morgage if he has one you are just summising and loves the game of poker
    Posted by lucky77777
    I was not referring to him - I made that quite clear.

Really, Lucky, this Forum is not the optimal arena for this debate. May I suggest you take it up with Customer Support - their decision is the only one that counts in these matters.
    edited September 2009
    tikay if you can play with skys money how comes he cant play mine 
    Posted by lucky77777
    Lucky,

I've tried to be as open & helpful as I possibly can, but I can't assist further. I really recommend, strongly, that you speak with Customer Support.

edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: accounts : what do you mean male and female players are equal in ability. i wore my wifes dress changed the avatar to female called myself marlene wore all the make up and lost a double your money, i then reverted back to being a male and won the very next game- irrefutable proof that men are better than the ladies at poker so there.
    Posted by loonytoons
    You got me there, sigh. ;)
    edited September 2009
    ok allison will be playing from now on and ill teach her ty and bye forever forever forever will not post another thing
    edited September 2009
    ok allison will be playing from now on and ill teach her ty and bye forever forever forever will not post another thing
    Posted by lucky77777
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused by that. Who is Allison?
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009

Well ...  what I want to know is ......... Did they all live happily ever  after  ??
    edited September 2009
    the account holder who is trying to get my other halfs account back its not rocket science tk
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2009
    if ur closed ur account ages ago cant u just open another 1 upwith same card???? so we can stop this nonsense, rocket science....
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    the account holder who is trying to get my other halfs account back its not rocket science tk
    Posted by lucky77777
    It wouldn't have been rocket science to use your other half's account to talk to your 'mates'.

Rules are rules - they make the world go round.
    Time to call a halt to this girls and boys.
    Good luck in your endeavours.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Posted by lucky77777
     ummmm.....
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    In Response to accounts :    hi lucky If you mean like 1 for sports betting  & 1 for poker  i would deffo like that as at the moment i have 2 bankrolls running on 1 account for footy bets & poker its been a nightmare as now each month 1 do me breakdown outlay/return/prof-loss etc i wonder would Sky Consider that it would be an easier way of me keeping Poker & Sports Betting seperate less accounting more playing & betting    dtw    ps have sorted 8 selections for midweek (tues & wed ) will post them on shed tomorrow m8)
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

hi lucky have been mulling over your question, looking for best way of seperating poker B-R & betting B-R & have found a solution m8 will PM you later & seeing as there are a few of my pm contacts here i'll send it to you all 

& Lucky you only need 1 ACCOUNT m8 happy days

c u on the tables m8
    edited September 2009
    hi dtw i know he only needs one account but hes got none now gl on the tables m8
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    In Response to accounts:
    hi sky just wondering if it would be possible if you could allow players to have multi accounts but only can play one at any time        thanks lucky
    Posted by lucky77777

lucky after reading your 1st post above & earlier PM's about keeping 2 B-R Seperate for bets & poker i thought you ment for you m8

sorry my mistake crossed wires on meaning of your question

be lucky lucky lucky

michael
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    1.LUCKY I AGREE WITH SKY ON THIS ONE IF YOU CLOSE AN ACCOUNT THE THAT SHOULD BE IT. I FOUND THAT IF I DO DECIDE I NEED TO HAVE A BREAK FROM PLAYING I.E DURING A DOWNSWING THAT IS EFFECTING YOUR PLAY I SET MYSELF A COOL OF TIME AND GET MY MISSUS TO CHANGE MY PASS NUMBER AND NOT TELL ME IT UNTIL AN AGREED DATE.
    2.BANDIT THE BESTWAY TO SEPERATE POKER FUNDS FROM FOOTIE BETTING IS TO US A DIFFERENT BOOKIE FOR THE FOOTIE AS SKY ARNT THE MOST GENEROUS WITH THERE FOOTIE ODDS OR SPECIALS.
    3.SKYMODS PLEASE BLOCK ANY THREADS THAT MENTION TIKAYS 2 ACCOUNTS IVE ONLY BEEN USING THE FORUM FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS AND THE POOR SODS HAD TO EXPLAIN IT ABOUT 10 TIMES, ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING