You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

This & that......

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,883
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat

The WSOP-E starts on Friday, & the next few week's Editions of In-Poker will come from there.

But I plan to spend a few hours up there most afternoons, starting Friday, armed with my little cheapo camera.

So if there's a particular player you'd like a photo of, just ask, & I'll see if I can oblige.

Also, all being well, Rich &/or I will do a Live Phone-In from the WSOP-E on Sunday evening, which will be during the climax of the opening Event. 

Should be a wicked Fessie.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,883
    edited September 2009

The Presenters, Analysts, & Producers, who do the Studio Shows, work in Teams, & we swap round every 6 weeks.

Rich & I, with Andy as Producer, have done the last 6 Saturdays, & this week, it's "all change", we move to Fridays. 'Ling will be Producing this Friday, as Andy will be on a days holiday.

I'm looking forward to it - we have some nice Tourneys on Friday, so that's cool.

It also helps with In-Poker, as Rich & I have been doing the Saturday Show, which ends at Midnight, then dashing wherever overnight for Sunday's In-poker gig, so a days rest between will help. Maybe give Rich some time to get some decent clothes, too.
    edited September 2009

We were in Southend on Sunday with In-Poker - the Event we were covering ended in very odd style - but it was lovely to see Tina there - aka "KarlLuke".

We played the £200 Comp in the Evening, & shared our Opening Table - for about 3 hands, sigh.

I had to sit out for about 2 hours for one reason & another - work comes first - but it was a 10,000 chip jobbie, so no great harm done.

When I returned, I decided to get a bit busy, to make up for lost time, & my chips were over the line more times than enough.

In the BB at 100-200, a very loose player made it 700 to go, & picked up 2 Callers, so it was 500 for me to Call for a 2,800 Pot. (I was playing about 10,000).  I had 9d-4d.

The flop came rag-rag-rag, 2 Diamonds, so I checked, knowing Mr Lairy guy would have a stab. He did, making it 1,600 to go - & both the original Callers smoothed it!

Well, time for Plan B - all-in! I can't resist this squeeze.

Pass, Pass, Pass, & suddenly I'm motoring.

Then a bizarre coup went off.......
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited September 2009

Green with envy!! If you could any words and pictures of the usual suspects of Phil Ivey,Daniel Negranu,Greg Raymer and especially James Akenhead.You can remind James that really YOU!!!, are the reason he's in the final  9 of the world series,because after the merciless joshing you gave him in front of his mates in the hit squad gang in las vegas about having no bracelet after last year,he felt compelled to prove you wrong!!!!Wish him all the best if you get the chance. 

edited September 2009

I moved Table, & UTG Tight Guy made it 900 at 150-300. I'm playing about 15,000 now.

I have A-Q of Diamonds.

This is NOT a Call usually, but there was an odd dynamic to this Table - there was a serial squeezer at the other end, & I fancied he might get silly here, & try to move us both off our hands with an Over-Bet. If he did, the plan was to snap-Call him.

Wrong - he did not raise, but he did smooth call - so maybe he'll try to get busy on any Flop. Which means I'll need to check any Flop, or Call if the original Raiser bet out, because I'm certain Loosey Goosey has his eye on nicking this.

The Flop came - remember, my hand was A-Q -...........

Q-Q-3.

So my A-Q was looking good. The Original Raiser had K-K, & Loosey Goosey had, unbeliebably for me, Q-Ten.

I'll leave you to work out for yourself what happened next, but it was three minutes of Oscar-Award quality acting by both Loosey Goosey & me (K-K man just rolled his eyes & eventually let go after doing 12,000 chips in the coup), & a "most pleasing" moment. 

And that's how to scoop a 42,000 chip pot. Go in behind, get lucky, & find a Loosey-Goosey who has position.

It's a game of skill, this poker. Oh, & luck. Great big dollops of it.

Happy days.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that......:
    Green with envy!! If you could any words and pictures of the usual suspects of Phil Ivey,Daniel Negranu,Greg Raymer and especially James Akenhead.You can remind James that really YOU!!!, are the reason he's in the final  9 of the world series,because after the merciless joshing you gave him in front of his mates in the hit squad gang in las vegas about having no bracelet after last year,he felt compelled to prove you wrong!!!!Wish him all the best if you get the chance. 
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Lol, that was a lovely memory for me, that Interview. I've known James for years - he used to be a Train-Driver! - & we played quite a lot in his early days at Gutshot. I like him, a lot, & he has awesome game. That interview was so much fun.

I'll ty & get those photos you requested, though Greg Raymer - my favourite non-Brit Poker player - won't be there, he told me when we were in Vegas he'd probavbly swerve it, as it is sponsored by Betfair, & he's a 'Stars Pro.
    edited September 2009

So, WSOP-E photo-list so far =

Little Danny.

Phil Ivey - now he IS special!

James Akenhead.

Any more for any more?
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited September 2009

Dear Tikay ... a few photos of Liv Boeree would be wonderful .... please ?
    edited September 2009

Here's a photo of that Hit Squad Interview. Great memory. The Video is still on the Site somewhere. (Click to Enlarge).

edited September 2009

And this is my favouiriter 'photo from WSOP 2009.

James has just got it all-in pre with Ad-Kd v A-3 off, & flopped the absolute nuts. He runs good!

After that, there was no stopping him, when he has chips, he's unplayable.

edited September 2009
    Dear Tikay ... a few photos of Liv Boeree would be wonderful .... please ?
    Posted by inka2003
    If she's there, I will get her for you. So to speak. ;)
    edited September 2009

Photo-List now =

Little Danny

Phil Ivey

James Akenhead

Liv Boeree.

A Steam Engine.
    edited September 2009

That's it, I'm done, I'm going home to Derbyshire now, so that's about 2 or 3 hours, pah.

I'll be back Online on Wednesday afterenoon, keep the requests comiong, on WSOP-E, or anything else.

And don't forget - the tikay Sleepie is 7pm Wednesday. Be there. Or don't.
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited September 2009

Also a picture of the lovely Kara Scott would be marvellous.Cheers.

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    Quickly before I go to bed -

Helmuth / Doyle Brunson would be good!

Plus TK are Sky still sorting a 2008 style Vegas documentary, hope so, as I have been looking forward to it.

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    The Presenters, Analysts, & Producers, who do the Studio Shows, work in Teams, & we swap round every 6 weeks. Rich & I, with Andy as Producer, have done the last 6 Saturdays, & this week, it's "all change", we move to Fridays. 'Ling will be Producing this Friday, as Andy will be on a days holiday. I'm looking forward to it - we have some nice Tourneys on Friday, so that's cool. It also helps with In-Poker, as Rich & I have been doing the Saturday Show, which ends at Midnight, then dashing wherever overnight for Sunday's In-poker gig, so a days rest between will help. Maybe give Rich some time to get some decent clothes, too.
    Posted by Tikay10

hi tikay good news so will re set recording for fridays so i don't miss the show good luck with the changes m8 as for photo's don't know any present poker players apart from neil channing & roland de wolfe so if they are there could you get there photo m8

michael

ps have sent you a pm
    edited September 2009
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Hi again Any2Suited,

As I said yesterday, Greg Raymer told me whilst we were in Vegas that he would not be at the WSOP-E, as I Posted above.

I was thinking about this today, & just realised that Little Danny (Negranau) would almost certainly not be present either, sorry.

The WSOP-E clashes with the WCOOP, the latter being a 'Stars Event, & with Greg & Danny both being on 'Stars books, they'll be required by their Sponsirs to play the WCOOP, rather than the WSOP-E.

For that same reason, I guess almost none of the usual 'Stars army of Pros will be there, though I guess peeps like the London-based Vicky Coren might play, giving 'Stars at least some representation.

Rather a shame, that date-clash, but I doubt it was an accident.

My Press Pass, arranged by Mother Hen at Sky Poker, is awaiting me at The Empire in Leicester Square, so we are all set to go.

I'll be there for a few hours most days, but I'll be there all day for the next few Sundays with In-Poker. The Crew this Sunday includes Mother Hen herself, (Claire), Aising Collins, (Womens World Poker Open Champion), Mr Orford (into every life a little rain must fall) & myself.

Photos galore are promised.
    edited September 2009
    Quickly before I go to bed - Helmuth / Doyle Brunson would be good! Plus TK are Sky still sorting a 2008 style Vegas documentary, hope so, as I have been looking forward to it.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    OK, Doyle & The Brat both added to the list.

So that's....

Doyle Brunson

Phil Hellmuth Jnr

Roland de Wolfe

Liv Boeree

James Akenhead.

Neil Channing

Vicky Coren (if present).

The Vegas Documentary? Oh YES, there wll be a full length Team Sky Pokr 2009 Pokermentary. We shot so much footage that it's taking a while to Edit it all down, but it will be ready soon, & bits & pieces are already appearing on Channel 865. It'll be a great watch, I fancy.
    edited September 2009
    Also a picture of the lovely Kara Scott would be marvellous.Cheers.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    If she's there, yes, but I am not sure she will be present - she lines in California now, with Brian, so that's a long way to come. But who knows, maybe she'll make the trip.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that...... :    hi tikay good news so will re set recording for fridays so i don't miss the show good luck with the changes m8 as for photo's don't know any present poker players apart from neil channing & roland de wolfe so if they are there could you get there photo m8   michael   ps have sent you a pm
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    OK Michael, the following added to the list;

Roland

Neil Channing.

I did get your PM, thank you. Pardon me if I don't reply to them all, as I do get rather a lot of them.

Thanks.
    edited September 2009

Hurry up, hurry up......

I played some 10p 20p Cash last night as part of Take-on-Tikay, hugely enjoyable.

I opened 6 different Tables over a 3 hour period, & got to play with a whole bunch of players I would not normally play with, as I'm more a Tourney player than a Cash player.

3 hours on 6 Tables yielded a profit of £16.15 - just over a fiver an hour, so I shall be able to retire in 2093 at this rate.

We do more chatting than playing, to be honest, it's just nice to chill. A few players seemed to be playing above their Bankroll, which worries me a lot - there's no need, the "Take-On" Promotion will, in due course, play at ALL Levels we hope, from the smallest to the biggest, with, if it works out, different Presenters & Analysts taking their turns. I fancy there'll be a huge Waiting List if Rich Orford gets to play the 50p - £1 Tables......;)

Two weird things. If I pick up, say, Aces, or flop a set, I always try & say something like "careful guys, big hand here" or somesuch. And everyone think it's a moody, & Calls!

I will never "reveal" my hand, during the hand, but if I say I have a monsta, trust me, I do!

But on one Table last night we had a self-proclaimed Hotshot.

"Hurry up, hurry up, we are only playing for pennies, you donks". Followed by the oldest & stalest cliche in Online Poker, when he was waiting to act , he typed in the Chat-Box, "ZZZZZZZzzz". Not seen that one before buddy. ;)

Lol, just lol, it was sooooooo funny - he upset the whole Table with his antics, so everyone, when it was them to act, let the slider bar run down to the very last moment! And he was getting more & more miffed.......

Next up, to me, he gives it the "you are supposed to be a pro, why you playing penny stakes?". That went down like a lead ballon with the rest of the Table. Ho hum.

Finally, "come on tikay, stop playing like a wimp, I can beat you, let's go all-in Pre-Flop".

Err, I'll play my cards when I want & how I want, if that's all right with you, Sir.

You do get all sorts at the Poker Table.