You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

This & that......

Comments

• PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that......:
    Playing 2 Tables tonight, & trying to chat at the same time, we once again got a hurry-up merchant. Three times, in the Chat-Box, while we waited for someone to act, he typeed in the box "ZZZZZZ". Not seen that one before, mate..... I'm not in a position to "debate" too much with him, so I said nothing. He went busto, fairly sharpish, too. And three players immediately typed in "ZZZZZZ".....
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol lol lol love it
  • trevil25trevil25 Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2009
    hi tk had a good night on tables,played 4 tourneys,got deep in 3.ist deep stack ft had good chip stack got aa called with jj he hit quads.then 8.30 bh leading ten left aa v ak he hit run half stack gone then kk v a8 hr hit fl with 8 then 9.30 bh last 20 going well aa v a ten he hit run then kk v a9 he hit fl with 9 not to mention the aks and aq v rag ace where they hit rag.but not to be put off i went in 11.30 bh 3rd hand kk raised ten times bb flop nothing to scare me so pushed got call a9 off suit he hit runner runner club for fl.   still won money on night so cant grumble,but i dont think ive ever run into luck like that esp as was playing good poker moan whinge etc etc
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited September 2009
    Was gutted to hear of the Final Table abuse DTW suffered. There is NEVER an excuse for this sort of thing, & I hope the culprit gets his come-uppance. 100%. What IS the matter with these people? But it has to be said - if you bluff every hand (& you are well entitled to) - & then show - this is very provocative to those of a flakey mental disposition, & after a while, it will kick-off. It just will. It's just not done. As you know, I show every hand (for different reasons, to be fair), but unless playing wirth a bunch of close friends, I NEVER show my bluffs. It's just too provocative, (not to say un-necessary) & people will get uppity if you do it often enough. If getting them uppity is the Plan, all well & good, but don't be surprised when folks get upset. But if you are playingh for fun, as we all are, then personally, I would never do it. Old School players would never dream of doing it, because it amounts to "up yours"!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay .. agreed.  I am very easy going at the table and play purely for fun (as my bankroll will testify).  I will sometimes show my cards to show that I was holding a monster, or to show that I'm not "at it" but I would NEVER EVER show the table a bluff of any kind.  Pulling off a good bluff is very pleasing in itself without rubbing peoples noses in it.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,883
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that...... : Tikay .. agreed.  I am very easy going at the table and play purely for fun (as my bankroll will testify).  I will sometimes show my cards to show that I was holding a monster, or to show that I'm not "at it" but I would NEVER EVER show the table a bluff of any kind.  Pulling off a good bluff is very pleasing in itself without rubbing peoples noses in it.
    Posted by inka2003
    Top Post Sir. We have to try & imagine what it's like wearing the other man's shoes.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that.....does one bad beat mean its in for nite:
    hi tk had a good night on tables,played 4 tourneys,got deep in 3.ist deep stack ft had good chip stack got aa called with jj he hit quads.then 8.30 bh leading ten left aa v ak he hit run half stack gone then kk v a8 hr hit fl with 8 then 9.30 bh last 20 going well aa v a ten he hit run then kk v a9 he hit fl with 9 not to mention the aks and aq v rag ace where they hit rag.but not to be put off i went in 11.30 bh 3rd hand kk raised ten times bb flop nothing to scare me so pushed got call a9 off suit he hit runner runner club for fl.   still won money on night so cant grumble,but i dont think ive ever run into luck like that esp as was playing good poker moan whinge etc etc
    Posted by trevil25
    One of those nights eh, Trev?

Pleased to see you took it like a grown-up. Nobody gets less respect from me than those who can't take their beats. A few beats tests the mettle, the character, the backbone. It sorts the men from the boys. Those who can't take their beats would be better advised not to play poker.

Hope you run better tonight bud.
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that.....does one bad beat mean its in for nite : One of those nights eh, Trev? Pleased to see you took it like a grown-up. Nobody gets less respect from me than those who can't take their beats. A few beats tests the mettle, the character, the backbone. It sorts the men from the boys. Those who can't take their beats would be better advised not to play poker. Hope you run better tonight bud.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i wouldnt mind the bad beats but if i didnt get ten in one night,i would be able to get a cat but at the moment it would be in fear of a kick up the ....so i will delay the purchase of said cat until its safe
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that.....does one bad beat mean its in for nite : i wouldnt mind the bad beats but if i didnt get ten in one night,i would be able to get a cat but at the moment it would be in fear of a kick up the ....so i will delay the purchase of said cat until its safe
    Posted by trevil25
    im going to mersey isl. for fam bash so away all weekend,so played the ist bh today and with no bad beats i went on to win so it shows the pokers good,just have to avoid the bbs .might even get that cat now    
    edited September 2009

Most of the promised WSOP-E pictures are now up, in the "Sky Poker at the WSOP", Blogs #'s 1, 2 & 3.

A further Blog will go up before I draw stumps tonight.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Most of the promised WSOP-E pictures are now up, in the "Sky Poker at the WSOP", Blogs #'s 1, 2 & 3. A further Blog will go up before I draw stumps tonight.
    Posted by Tikay10
     I hear a friend of mine Nick Ferro is playing?? could you get a snap shot of him if you see him please
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: This & that...... :  I hear a friend of mine Nick Ferro is playing?? could you get a snap shot of him if you see him please
    Posted by FlashFlush
     Well I say 'friend'... we play together at the KC club in swindon
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited September 2009
    Enjoyed the show Friday night Tikay. Hope you and Orford stay together for a long time. The 2nd coming of Morcambe and Wise methinks.
    edited September 2009

Afternoon.

Been unexpectedly busy, & somewhat waylaid, this morning, so I won't be going up to the WSOP-E today.

But the latest news from the £1k Final is this........

1. Fabien Dunlop    630000    
    2. Adnan Alshamah    310000
    3. JP Kelly    243000    
    4. Anthony Roux 200000   
    5. Richard Allen    180000    
    6. Neil Suarez    180000    
    edited September 2009

Also from the WSOP-E.......

Today is Day One of the £2,500 ROE.

ROE = Round Of Each, 1 orbit of No Limit Texas, followed by 1 Orbit of Pot Limit Omaha, rinse, repeat.

And the early leader is.......

Annette Obrestad! Annette, of course, won the fitst WSOP-E Main Event in 2007.

Here's the young lady herself, photographed at the WSOP-E on Saturday.

edited September 2009

There will be a full result from the £1,000 Final in the Blog as soon as it's all over, & I'll be back up at The Empire tomorrow, all being well.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, btw.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    There will be a full result from the £1,000 Final in the Blog as soon as it's all over, & I'll be back up at The Empire tomorrow, all being well. Hope you all had a lovely weekend, btw.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Once again a wonderful job with the blogs felt like I was sat at the tables, hope calling Mother Hen Lovely kept her all nice and clucky for you? :)
    edited September 2009

What a nightmare that "Not Logged In" problem was, but it seems to be fixed now, well done whoever mended it.

I'm a little impatient & intolerant on these sort of things, so I'm afraid the Suits at Harrogate arrived to a whole sackload of e-Mails this morning, from me, &, doubtless, many others.

Fair play to them, they seem to have got on the case PDQ, & it'll soon be all forgotten.

Let's be right - we would not be proper poker players if we did not moan a lot. ;)
    edited September 2009

Thank you for all the Comments on the WSOP-E Blogs, I really appreciate them, & will reply soonest. Been a bit busy for the last, well, 43 years.

I've also not forgotten I owe many of you replies to PM's. Same answer - bear with me please.
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for all the Comments on the WSOP-E Blogs, I really appreciate them, & will reply soonest. Been a bit busy for the last, well, 43 years. I've also not forgotten I owe many of you replies to PM's. Same answer - bear with me please.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony
    I have read all your blogs and though i havent replied to them all, i think you do us, the plebs, here a great service. Not only are you writings informative but entertaining as well. Long may continue the great work sir.

col
    edited September 2009

....meanwhile, at The Empire, in the opening £1,000 Bracelet Event, they are HEADS-UP!

It's level in chips, too.

J P Kelly is one of the 2 players - can he do the double?
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Hi tikay

This could be in for the longhaul