You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Snooker World Championship

Comments

• Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship:
    I can't get into the snooker now, just bored of it these days. Used to watch the big tournies a lot but its like watching paint dry now for me.
    Posted by SALT1R3
     Why is that ?

The style of play these days is alot more aggressive and generally faster too. Ok the players may not laugh and joke as much now but how many sports are like that these days ?

Great win for Trump, not seen any of the play as yet but everybody said he looked nervous in the closing stages. It's understandable really, knocking the defending champ out of the World Championships is a massive achievement.
  • Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited April 2011
    I agree with u there acidboy, defo alot more aggressive and attacking players not too many ebdons lol

Ronnie on in bit hope he can start with a bang!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So Ronnie is not letting me down 7-2 up cant see him losing that one barring a breakdown tonight.....

I only watched bits as was at work didnt look at his best but looks like he was focused maybe 80%

Hendry 8-8 with Perry at mo now that can go either way, wont be suprised if Perry wins it as he has the mommentum

I think wednesday is the last day of 1st round? correct me if im wrong lets hope im banking on Selby to come in for my accumalator then can do likewise for the next round
  • Options
    SALT1R3SALT1R3 Member Posts: 319
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship :  Why is that ? The style of play these days is alot more aggressive and generally faster too. Ok the players may not laugh and joke as much now but how many sports are like that these days ? Great win for Trump, not seen any of the play as yet but everybody said he looked nervous in the closing stages. It's understandable really, knocking the defending champ out of the World Championships is a massive achievement.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    It just seems to me now to be a game thats well past its sell by date on tv; I did used to watch it quite a bit for as long as I can remember to the early eighties and yes the game has moved on leaps and bounds in terms of style, ability and pace and though there aren't so many characters in the game that doesn't bother me too much, I just feel it needs a complete overhaul. I don't know; maybe Barry Hearn will do for it what he done for darts and turn it all around and I'll change my mind in the next few years, but for the mo I'll leave it alone!

Young Gun, perhaps your right, maybe I shouldn't have posted in the snooker thread, I am sounding like and old giffer as Orford would say lol!
  • Options
    KKripplerKKrippler Member Posts: 321
    edited April 2011
    Why has no one mentioned Graeme Dott. I really think he has a good chance of winning. He has made three crucible finals, most recently last year, He has proven the structure of best of 19 and upwards, perfectly suits his game. I know hes not the most exciting snooker player ( who is ) but he never gets mentioned as a contender.

Cmon Dott, u good thing. Game vs King in round 1 tomorrow, already forgone conclusion.
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2011
    Steven maguire to win it i have bet £50 on him to win it @28/1, he is a top playe when on form and i think he will come in to his own over the next 2 weeks
    Posted by macapaca
    and another one bites the dust!!!!!

ul m8
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Mark Selby Win v Jimmy Robertson - Still to play
                                           John Higgins Win v Stephen Lee- Still to play
                                           Graeme Dott Win v Mark King- looking good 3-2 up
                                           Peter Ebdon win v Stuart Bingham 4-5 down never bet on him so would be typical if he lets me down
                                           Ronnie O Sullivan win v Dominic Dale Won
                                           Ding Junhui Win v Jamie Burnett Won
                                           Shaun Murphy win v Marcus Campbell(aka Dohhhh ;) ) Won Ul JJ  
                                           Mark Williams win v Ryan Day Won
                                          Ali Carter win v Dave Harrold Won
                                          Jamie Cope win v Andrew Pagett Won

Updated on mine... 4 left but getting good run for money
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited April 2011

Just watched Ebdon lose on Eurosport. UL YG.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2011

Main man starts his campaign tomorrow.

Stephen Lee ftw !
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2011
    Main man starts his campaign tomorrow. Stephen Lee ftw !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If he wins this tournament, il give you the money myself!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lol ^^^^^^^^^

Les Dennis. He has something in common with Stephen Lee, do you know what it is?

I think he'll really rise to the challenge against Higgins. I fear he will relax if he gets to the 2nd round though and prob lose to some nobody.

Looking forward to watching it this afto!!!!!

even if he gets hammered it's always funny watching him sat there with a towel over his face dripping in sweat. looool
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lol ^^^^^^^^^ Les Dennis. He has something in common with Stephen Lee, do you know what it is? I think he'll really rise to the challenge against Higgins. I fear he will relax if he gets to the 2nd round though and prob lose to some nobody. Looking forward to watching it this afto!!!!! even if he gets hammered it's always funny watching him sat there with a towel over his face dripping in sweat. looool
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That's a weird one. Is it something to do with Amanda Holden? If you squint your eyes and look at Stephen Lee, he looks a bit like her. They related?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lol ^^^^^^^^^ Les Dennis. He has something in common with Stephen Lee, do you know what it is? I think he'll really rise to the challenge against Higgins. I fear he will relax if he gets to the 2nd round though and prob lose to some nobody. Looking forward to watching it this afto!!!!! even if he gets hammered it's always funny watching him sat there with a towel over his face dripping in sweat. looool
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Have they both had their wives sh***ed by Bob The Builder?

Or is it that you wouldn't want to wake up beside either of them??? 
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lolololol @ both above posts!!!

Such an anti climax now!!! ha but at least I got a laugh out of it.

I'll give you some more clues.......

Along with Stephan Lee and Les Dennis there is....

Mark Allen
    Micheal Jordan
    Phil Taylor (kaymac's twin)
    Andrew Cole
    John Wayne
    Gareth Barry
    Luke Donald
    Tom Daley
    Bob Dylan
    And a rather obscure one,  skys very own John Connor.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    lolololol @ both above posts!!! Such an anti climax now!!! ha but at least I got a laugh out of it. I'll give you some more clues....... Along with Stephan Lee and Les Dennis there is.... Mark Allen Micheal Jordan Phil Taylor Andrew Cole John Wayne Gareth Barry Luke Donald Tom Daley Bob Dylan And a rather obscure one,  skys very own John Connor.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is some weird s***.

Gotta go work now, this will be bugging me all day! See you all at 8.30pm!

P.S JJ can you tweet me the answer later so i can check my phone at work.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    UL Indeed :( Nvm lets hope Dohhh's look alikey loses as we all know he will get thrashed! 10-4 Higgins

worried about my bet for win now as Ronnie back on form , but if Murphy beats Ronnie then his to lose

Is it worth laying against Murphy today? i wont in other rounds just think this is a big test especially as Ronnie looking up for it
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I forgot to add a female to the list. 

Lorraine Kelly !

And my fave tv personality....

Jeremy Kyle!!!

You must be able to suss it now?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    They have all been on ITV??
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lolololol @ both above posts!!! Such an anti climax now!!! ha but at least I got a laugh out of it. I'll give you some more clues....... Along with Stephan Lee and Les Dennis there is.... Mark Allen Micheal Jordan Phil Taylor (kaymac's twin) Andrew Cole John Wayne Gareth Barry Luke Donald Tom Daley Bob Dylan And a rather obscure one,  skys very own John Connor.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Stephen Lee & Les Dennis both have the same birthday but none of the others match......

I'm stumped here!!!

btw don't see the resemblance myself with "the power" but Donut once asked me the same thing!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I've just realised!!

D'ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I won't steal your moment I'll pm you my answer!!!!