You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Snooker World Championship

Comments

• Options
    SkyBetAndySkyBetAndy Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2011
    Gone a bit scrappy this Trum Junhui match, not sure who that would suit really but possibly Ding Junhui slightly more than Trump who has been potting them off the lamp shades so far. Fancy they might get to 8-8 after this morning so any odds against Ding probably value at this point.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship:
    £2e/w Judd Trump 40/1 - Won in china last week, on good form but tough first round match against defending champ. £2e/w Matthew Stevens 66/1 - Been in good form this year, apart from in China, was actually told to back him there to win it, and advised to have a cheeky bet form him to beat hendry in first round 5-0, he lost 5-0 lol but sticking with him. £2e/w Stephen Maguire 28/1 - When on top form hes a match for anyone, like backing maguire £8 win Ding Junhui 9/1 - Class Act, sure to go close Shaz xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    Good effort that Shaz. Trump is worst result in our book of the 4 left with plenty of Sky bet punters getting on at all odds from 80/1 downwards and particularly after he beat Robertson in round 1. Ding is also a loser in our book so whoever wins this match is not a great each way result, however, amazingly Williams and Higgins are pretty good results so we will be cheering them on in the final. Having said that a win for either Trump or Ding would be good for snooker so not a total loss. Good luck with your bet Shaz anyway.
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Andy,

Not a good session at all for Trump there, first time since its started that hes had a shaky session, still think he will push ding all the way tho.

Quick question for you, i know you said you head of snooker but do you know if skybet have any plans to join all the other major online bookmakers by offering guranteed best price on horseracing???

I know so many regulars use different sites because of this, and as they are betting horses elsewhere, they tend to put other bets such as snooker footy etc else where also.

Shaz
    xxxx
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well Played Judd Trump Fantastic game!!!!!
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2011
    Well Played Judd Trump Fantastic game!!!!!
    Posted by shazallin
    Shaz

Do you get 1/4 the odds for r/up?

could be £100 on Monday night ................
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited April 2011
    Break time now.
    Higgins leads 15-13.

C'mon John!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well John Higgins is through to the finals , the master will now meet the pupil!!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If Higgins wins th efinal I collect £60.
    What have I got to put on trump, so that I cannot lose?
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Currently the odds for Trump to win are 13/8.
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2011
    If Higgins wins th efinal I collect £60. What have I got to put on trump, so that I cannot lose? Any ideas?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Logically, if you put £10 on Higgins @ 5 -1 you will win £60.

Therefore you are technically £10 down at the moment.

If you put £8 on Trump you will win £21. Thus making you £3 profit (21 - 10 - 8)

But do you bet to win £3 ?

Keith
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If Higgins wins th efinal I collect £60. What have I got to put on trump, so that I cannot lose? Any ideas?
    Posted by wynne1938

You can get trump @ 6/4 with most bookies, have £20 on him, then if he wins you will pick up £50 (£20 profit) and if higging wins you will pick up £60 (£30 profit)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : You can get trump @ 6/4 with most bookies, have £20 on him, then if he wins you will pick up £50 (£20 profit) and if higging wins you will pick up £60 (£30 profit)
    Posted by shazallin
    Thanks, that  is what I will do.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : You can get trump @ 6/4 with most bookies, have £20 on him, then if he wins you will pick up £50 (£20 profit) and if higging wins you will pick up £60 (£30 profit)
    Posted by shazallin
    Higgins will win the final, don't worry, you'd be bonkers to cover it.
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I can only see Higgins winning this one.

Sad news regarding Ted Lowe.
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited May 2011
    haha, he's going to prove me wrong now isn't he.

I thought he'd be nervous tbh but he's looking like he's really enjoying it and cueing perfectly.

• Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : Higgins will win the final, don't worry, you'd be bonkers to cover it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thankfully you're normally wrong when it comes to snooker as i'm on Trump @ 33's

Andy, is there a reason Sky don't offer a market on correct seesion score? obv 2 late for this years tourny, but with the matches in the worlds going overnight, i thought it would be quite a popular market?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : Logically, if you put £10 on Higgins @ 5 -1 you will win £60. Therefore you are technically £10 down at the moment. If you put £8 on Trump you will win £21. Thus making you £3 profit (21 - 10 - 8) But do you bet to win £3 ? Keith
    Posted by kaymac
    Hi Kaymac,
    I have £10 on Higgins at 5/1.
    If higgins wins I will get back £60 i.e that is a profit of £50.
    Now to safeguard my loss of £50 if Trumps wins,I have bet £20 on Trumps at 6/4 which will give me a return of £50.

So £30 9nvested possible return of £50/60. Giving me a nice profit of £20/30.
    A profit is always welcome no matter how small.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Good final so far, a few nerves but Ireckon this evenings 9 frame session will be of a higher quality. It would be nice to see another close session 5-4 either way or Trump going into a bit of a lead as that way I think we will be guaranteed an exciting days play tomorrow.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2011
    Great news for Trump fans.

Not only are you 10-7 up overnight, but I've just had a substantial amount on Higgins in running @ 6/5 and then 13/10.

The 13/8 about him now will prob also be snapped up if it's still there in the morning. 

Your man canny lose now ! 

;)
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2011
    i have 1 quid e/w on trump at 33/1

whooooop 50 quid coming my way :)