You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BEWARE THE CHEATS

Comments

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    wemjay what time did this happen then? primo started at 9 and yet your posting reporting it at gone 11? have you been drinking?

webby
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    to be honest mate i believe you have waited till you have had a few beers, and then just fancy a good old moan, if livechat cant see what you are talking about (they can recall conversations on the tables i think) then it never happened imo
  • Options
    wemjaywemjay Member Posts: 83
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS:
    to be honest mate i believe you have waited till you have had a few beers, and then just fancy a good old moan, if livechat cant see what you are talking about (they can recall conversations on the tables i think) then it never happened imo
    Posted by webby234[/QUOT

shows ur brainless then why would i bother with making a point of it and i hope they can recall it all to prove me right
  • Options
    ChhasChhas Member Posts: 63
    edited October 2009
    Yes they can go back and check chat but also they also email the other players on the table in events like this to get the full facts.

Still cant get my head round why he would want others to fold. 'Many hands make light work' so they say

Were you the short stack on the table, if so the other players calling or not would have made no difference to the outcome as lets be honest, he's never gonna fold.

Personally, I think because the outcome would have been the same regardless then Sky have no need to persue this further other than perhaps giving the villain a chat ban. Certainly I cant see them refunding your buy-in/giving you free seat in next months primo. I reiterate, this is only my opinion.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    While it is innappropriate to talk about hands in the chat box, in this instance no harm was done?  He was always calling with AA.  You was gonna lose a large proportion of the time.

He did cover himself from being given a bad beat tho by another caller but w/e, that didn't change your hand or chance of winning it only increased his by a small percentage.

My advice would be to stop moaning and get on with it.  Because no one really cares and you are embarrasing yourself by moaning so much about being knocked out of a low limit satellite tournie.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Actually by encouraging others to fold only increased your chances.
    He did you a favour by ultimately protecting your hand against multiple opponents.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Actually by encouraging others to fold only increased your chances. He did you a favour by ultimately protecting your hand against multiple opponents.
    Posted by Chhas
    It didn't increase his chances.  He still needed to beat AA, as did anyone else calling.

It would have increased his equity in the total pot but thats a different matter.

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    It DID increase his chances of winning the pot - probably not significantly but it did increase them.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : It didn't increase his chances.  He still needed to beat AA, as did anyone else calling. It would have increased his equity in the total pot but thats a different matter.
    Posted by scotty77
    Sorry to disagree, it did increase his chances as he only had to beat AA, not AA, KQ J7 etc etc.

Yes, it did at the same time increase AA's chance of winning the pot but it was bubble time. +ev states AA did not need to win the pot, just ensure the all in lost it and by having multiple opponents would increase the chances of that happening.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It DID increase his chances of winning the pot - probably not significantly but it did increase them.
    Posted by MereNovice
    ok well thats why i love poker.  just did some quick calcs on various random hands and have found that yeah they tend to increase the chance by a fraction of a percentage.

now im gonna try and find out why that is because i can't figure it out myself, in fact IMO it should decrease the chance......

maybe im just thick
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : my little girl got knocked of her bike and been at hospital for a while thanx for asking though
    Posted by wemjay
    Wow!! on the bubble in a sat for the primo and your daughter hurt in the dame day. Devastating! Do your friends call ya Lucky?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : ok well thats why i love poker.  just did some quick calcs on various random hands and have found that yeah they tend to increase the chance by a fraction of a percentage. now im gonna try and find out why that is because i can't figure it out myself, in fact IMO it should decrease the chance...... maybe im just thick
    Posted by scotty77
    Not really, just sense, the fewer hands in a pot will always increase your starting hand percentage of winning against any other hand. Otherwise whats ever the point in prelop raises?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : Not really, just sense, the fewer hands in a pot will always increase your starting hand percentage of winning against any other hand. Otherwise whats ever the point in prelop raises?
    Posted by Chhas
    No I understand the AA part.

Lets say the OP in this thread had KJo.

AA vs KJo is 86.5/13.5 (approx)

What I don't get is why 3 way AA vs KJo vs 65ss is 63.5/14.3/22.2 (approx).

Surely the odds for KJo to win should go down......

I'm confused.  Help me Mere lol
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    yeah lol ive just seen all the posts! mate just man up and dont get so worked up, like Tikay said send a message to sky Rich im sure he will get it sorted for u.  in my opinion you do have a case...but dont go runnin round the forums actin like a girl postin things that skypoker is a cheaters site etc because people aint gonna wanna hear it. g/l in gettin it sorted
    Posted by Eagle26
    you have a nerve boyo, would u not moan if this happened to you BET YOU WOULD
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : ok well thats why i love poker.  just did some quick calcs on various random hands and have found that yeah they tend to increase the chance by a fraction of a percentage. now im gonna try and find out why that is because i can't figure it out myself, in fact IMO it should decrease the chance...... maybe im just thick
    Posted by scotty77
    Just simple maths.
    Say he had 33 and was up against AA.
    He's a bit worse than 20/80 to win and basically he needs to hit his 3 to win - although there are obviously other ways.
    If he hits his 3 he really only has to avoid an A.
    If he's also up against 99 and TT, he also needs to avoid 2 9's and 2 T's so there are 3 times as many re-draws in this case.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    While it is innappropriate to talk about hands in the chat box, in this instance no harm was done?  He was always calling with AA.  You was gonna lose a large proportion of the time. He did cover himself from being given a bad beat tho by another caller but w/e, that didn't change your hand or chance of winning it only increased his by a small percentage. My advice would be to stop moaning and get on with it.  Because no one really cares and you are embarrasing yourself by moaning so much about being knocked out of a low limit satellite tournie.
    Posted by scotty77
    if no-one cares then keep ur comments to urself as u r the only idiot that understands them
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : if no-one cares then keep ur comments to urself as u r the only idiot that understands them
    Posted by wemjay
    I CARE WEMJAY AND GL ON GETTIN IT SORTED
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : I CARE WEMJAY AND GL ON GETTIN IT SORTED
    Posted by debdobs_67
    thankyou debdobs seems everyone likes a cheat xxx
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    how do you know wemjay was gonna be put out regardless, another player may have bet ( KK , QQ etc) but then folded because of the chat,  if they had fewer chips and 2 players lost then they would have lost. To be honest its not skys fault however id be peed off if it happened to me and i think the player should be banned for 3 months- do it again then ban 4 life it is cheating. In response to webby i see your point but that should not matter , cheating is cheating and the time lapse should not matter only the facts
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : Just simple maths. Say he had 33 and was up against AA. He's a bit worse than 20/80 to win and basically he needs to hit his 3 to win - although there are obviously other ways. If he hits his 3 he really only has to avoid an A. If he's also up against 99 and TT, he also needs to avoid 2 9's and 2 T's so there are 3 times as many re-draws in this case.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thats what I thought I was saying :s

Someone said that having the pot multiway that it increased the OPs chances of winning. 

I can't see how it can do, as the OPs cards aren't gonna be affected by a random villains holding.

I think some how we're all getting confused here.  Cos what you just typed out is what I said originally... :s

But on top of that I just did the stats a few posts up and thats confused me even more.

Sigh its too late for this and this is gonna bug me.