You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,330
    edited July 2011
    For what its worth here are mine, got the ew treble last year,

Championship -Brighton
    Ist div Chesterfield
    2nd div-Accrington stanley

ok so two have got to win promotion 2 years in a row but still fancy them.

Also new handicapped Premier League looks good, Ive gone for Everton +24 points and Norwich +45

Good luck all  
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2011
    been looking at transfers and think west ham look very strong especially for championship so have put on £40 @ 9/2 to win league. 
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited July 2011
    I'll be waiting until next week before putting mine on. The problem with the season starting so early this year is that's there's still so many transfers to be done.

FWIW, at the moment I'm tempted by Man Utd, West Ham, Huddersfield (or Preston) & Swindon. League 2 is a nightmare to call imo.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I've gone for two pre season bets.

I've had a few quid each way on my main one:

Prem - Man U @ 13/8
    Championship - West Ham @ 4/1 (as if I'd bet on anyone else!)
    League 1 - Huddersfield @ 5/1
    League 2 - Swindon @ 9/1
    Conference - Luton @ 11/4

The 5 way returns 2952/1 should they all pick up the silverware

I've also gone for a very small 50p each way on a real long shot

Prem - Man City @ 4/1
    Championship - Middlesbrough @ 14/1
    League 1 - Preston @ 13/2
    League 2 - Northampton @ 18/1
    Conference - Stockport @ 12/1

These 5 return an eye watering 138937/1

Of course, I don't actually expect those 5 to win their respective divisions but they do represent great value as each way bets. It's 1/3 odds for top 2 in the Prem & 1/4 odds for top 3 in the other divisions.
  • Options
    BIGAL118BIGAL118 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2011
    how are Birmingham only 5/1 to be relegated from the Championship when they are 7/2 to be promoted surely this doesn't make any sense?
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!:
    how are Birmingham only 5/1 to be relegated from the Championship when they are 7/2 to be promoted surely this doesn't make any sense?
    Posted by BIGAL118
    I maybe wrong but i think their owner is in hot water with the authorities back home. So I'm guessing the 5/1 factors in the fact he might be found guilty of something and therefore affecting funding at the club.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I shall be lumping more wonga on Northampton and Leicester before next weekend is up. I want a big payday in May :P
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited July 2011
    I've gone for two pre season bets. I've had a few quid each way on my main one: Prem - Man U @ 13/8 Championship - West Ham @ 4/1 (as if I'd bet on anyone else!) League 1 - Huddersfield @ 5/1 League 2 - Swindon @ 9/1 Conference - Luton @ 11/4 The 5 way returns 2952/1 should they all pick up the silverware I've also gone for a very small 50p each way on a real long shot Prem - Man City @ 4/1 Championship - Middlesbrough @ 14/1 League 1 - Preston @ 13/2 League 2 - Northampton @ 18/1 Conference - Stockport @ 12/1 These 5 return an eye watering 138937/1 Of course, I don't actually expect those 5 to win their respective divisions but they do represent great value as each way bets. It's 1/3 odds for top 2 in the Prem & 1/4 odds for top 3 in the other divisions.
    Posted by silentbob

I love the adjectives you use to describe a price Jay!!

Used to be the highlight of your weekly post, (no dis-respect to the acxtual content ofc), just v funny! I'm sure you consult the thesaurus before "adding post"!!

Hope ur weekly post returns this yr anyway!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! : I love the adjectives you use to describe a price Jay!! Used to be the highlight of your weekly post, (no dis-respect to the acxtual content ofc), just v funny! I'm sure you consult the thesaurus before "adding post"!! Hope ur weekly post returns this yr anyway!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • Options
    pkr123pkr123 Member Posts: 106
    edited July 2011
    Npower Championship Promotion 11/12Leicester @ 11/8Barclays Premier League Winner 11/12Man Utd @ 13/8Npower League 2 Promotion 11/12Swindon @ 9/4Npower League 1 Promotion 11/12Sheffield United @ 5/2
  • Options
    cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited July 2011
    Brighton will be vary hard to beat great defence new ground and a very good forward line,I also think port vale represent great value in lge 2 but my big bet will be on Blackburn getting relegated at 7/2 absoulute banker bad investors and manager will seal there fate.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! : I love the adjectives you use to describe a price Jay!! Used to be the highlight of your weekly post, (no dis-respect to the acxtual content ofc), just v funny! I'm sure you consult the thesaurus before "adding post"!! Hope ur weekly post returns this yr anyway!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I will indeed be starting next weekend. I'm also gonna open an account somewhere else as well & try lucy4's £10 to £10k challenge (although I expect if I get anywhere near £1k I'll chicken out & start again, lol). I'll also be posting my pick & ongoing result of that too.

• Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited August 2011
    Already up and running with that challenge.

Put £21 on rangers at 4/7 yesterday.

Decided to use £12 winnings as my stake which i put on s.dyson in irish open at 12/5.

Now have £40.80p
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2011

my footy pick for the season are

Prem                Chelsea
      Champ             Leicester
      Div. 1               Huddersfield
      Div. 2               Crawley
      Confer              Luton

• Options
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! : I will indeed be starting next weekend. I'm also gonna open an account somewhere else as well & try lucy4's £10 to £10k challenge (although I expect if I get anywhere near £1k I'll chicken out & start again, lol). I'll also be posting my pick & ongoing result of that too.
    Posted by silentbob
    If you start a dedicated thread for this, i'll follow your selections too. Will be fun!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Forum  »  Fancy a Bet?  »  My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!

My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!

posted at 28/6/2011 12:31 AM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 30/11/2010
    Last: 1/8/2011
    Ok so everytime i have the odd few quid left over in a betting account il be putting on this bet...

Leicester to win Championship/Northampton to win Lg 2

Double £4 @ 110/1
    Double £12.25 @ 84/1

Il prob do both just to win promotion at some point when the spare money appears in any betting account.

Go on....you know you all want to do it too!

Il keep posting in here everytime i put more money on it.

Ok so finally put some more money on it. The odds are now only 84/1.....so its a dead cert lol.

• Options
    cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited August 2011
      my footy pick for the season are   Prem                Chelsea   Champ             Leicester   Div. 1               Huddersfield   Div. 2               Crawley   Confer              Luton  
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I assume you like a fav bet then? I cant see hudds doing to well as they have sold there best two players also think chelsea will be found out with there age . I am going to go for.. MAN UTD,BRIGHTON,CHARLTON,PORT VALE, YORK.
  • Options
    BIGAL118BIGAL118 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2011
    Going with City for the Prem, doubting United's chances this year but don't know why.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Just lumped another £6 on it from a free £2games bet that i spun up to £6.

Forum » Punter's Corner » Fancy a Bet? » My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! Watch this discussion 1Posts from splashies are HiddenStop Ignoring splashies My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!posted at 28/6/2011 12:31 AM BST on SkyPoker.com splashies Posts: 983
    First: 30/11/2010
    Last: 4/8/2011 Ok so everytime i have the odd few quid left over in a betting account il be putting on this bet...

Leicester to win Championship/Northampton to win Lg 2

Double £4 @ 110/1 (365)
    Double £12.25 @ 84/1 (SJ)
    Double £6 @ 94/1 (PP)

Il prob do both just to win promotion at some point when the spare money appears in any betting account.

Go on....you know you all want to do it too!

Il keep posting in here everytime i put more money on it.
  • Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited August 2011
    Fancy a simple bet for £6.40 a week that could reap you thousands?
    I stake 21 * 10p fourfolds 35 * 10p fivefolds 7 * 10p six folds and 1*10p accum on half time/full time double results.
    I choose one team from Premier league, championship, div 1, div 2, blue square, Scot premier, scot  1
    and select each team to draw at half time win at full time
    my teams this year will be
    Arsenal
    Burnley
    Rochdale
    Oxford
    Newport County
    Dundee Utd
    Hamilton Academicals

Last year I had two pick ups in excess of £700 ans several over £100 for my £6.40 stake but you do have to be patient and stick with the teams you choose

Good Luck