You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here

Comments

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    got my vote rover--gl--i like ten seaters but we have to have a choice surely!!---i think they should at least leave the 8.15 alone--come on sky!!!!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009

And the early morning ones should be 6 seater, its hard enough staying awake as it is, the 10 seaters are soooooo boring - too much time between plays

• Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    The 10 seater change was mentioned in the forum today.
    A question was posed in the forum last month about changing the deepstack's to 10 seaters and it seemed that most people liked the 10 seater concept.
    I agree that there should be a mixture of 10 and 6 seater tournaments running at different time during the early evening.
    I have played the 1915 2.20 deepstack and liked the format as a 6 seater due to the low entry numbers.
    I am currently watching a 10 seater deepstack to see how to play them and I have also started a forum on stategy on playing the 10 seaters.
    Perhaps it might be worth others doing the same and then deciding on which game to play.
    Good luck in whichever you decide to play if Sky changes things.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    i believe they changed too a 10 seater because less tables get open up , hence the problems of sky slow down of late may be sorted this way .
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    So you're telling me that Sky should ask permission before changing any tourney that needs 'sprucing up'.  I love the 7:30 deepie but the number of runners is awful.  Sky have therefore needed to change it to try and generate business because it is a business!!! So far players have moaned about the afternoon game changing, the evening game changing and any other game changing.  How can Sky seriously ask for permission to change each and every game??? It's trying to get more players involved in playing 'proper poker tournies' that many of us on here complain that Sky have no time for.

I personally am glad that they are taking an interest in building numbers in the deepstack tournies.  My only grumble would be that they need state on the register page what seater game it is.  The forum is a fab place to chat and share anecdotes but it just seems that at the moment if Sky change anything or attempt to do anything 'different' there's someone starting a thread saying they're quitting and how dare Sky!!!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here:
    i believe they changed too a 10 seater because less tables get open up , hence the problems of sky slow down of late may be sorted this way .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    If this is the reason, why not say so, but they have said its because the majority of players want it - dont make me laugh
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here:
    In Response to Re: i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here : Hi Ozzie,  I didn't know there was a 2.20 deepy (6max) i'd be interested in playing this now and then. What times are they on?  Well I am sure Sky Bernie will see what is being written here.  Maybe keep all the 7pm deepies as 10 seaters and then have 6 max d/s for all others? Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Hi dave, the 2.20 buy in deep stacks are played a quarter past the hour every hour untill, 8.15pm when the buy in changes to £5.50. These used 2 be all 6 seater gms with plyers ranging from 10/20 with 3hrs of play for 2 quid. Now thats gr8 value 4 people with a limited BR and shows people that they can actually fold a hand on the river rather than goin all in every other hand which happens in the speed and BH tournies. I wont be playing the 10 seat ds and if we are lucky enough 2 go back to the old format, i will be back where i love 2 play.

Come along and join the fun and banter, it used 2 be the same old faces but im sure that will be lost if they contine with the 10 seat format. Im 1 customer who hopes they will be back seeming im off work nxt week and i will be lost without my daily dosage of 6 seater ds, Gl at the tbs m8, Ozzie
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So you're telling me that Sky should ask permission before changing any tourney that needs 'sprucing up'.  I love the 7:30 deepie but the number of runners is awful.  Sky have therefore needed to change it to try and generate business because it is a business!!! So far players have moaned about the afternoon game changing, the evening game changing and any other game changing.  How can Sky seriously ask for permission to change each and every game??? It's trying to get more players involved in playing 'proper poker tournies' that many of us on here complain that Sky have no time for. I personally am glad that they are taking an interest in building numbers in the deepstack tournies.  My only grumble would be that they need state on the register page what seater game it is.  The forum is a fab place to chat and share anecdotes but it just seems that at the moment if Sky change anything or attempt to do anything 'different' there's someone starting a thread saying they're quitting and how dare Sky!!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    ok if they change all 6 seater mtts to 10 seaters not tell any1 and players pay in , is that right , because this is a mini version of it .
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited October 2009
    sky (i think) is the only site that focus on 6 seaters. there should be 10 seaters say every hour for others but 6 handed is soooooo much better as for deepies...... but i think the 7.30 deepie should be for the regulars £22 torn same runners if every1 wants 10 then 10 it should be imo. but 10 handed not 4 me or i think most on sky.
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2009
    I'm a deepie , depending on roll between 2 and 5 pounds . Please give us back our beloved 6 seaters .  Not only is it our preferred game but we have a great community in them . There's always plenty of chat and banter and newcomers soon feel part of our little world. Personally ,i also enjoy the 10 seaters and find them more relaxing . So , why not have 1 or 2 new 10 seaters but leave the same amount of 6 seaters at the usual times .PLEASE .
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    don't panic they will bring back some 6 seaters i'm sure..

the biggest problem is not saying what game you are buying into in the game info - it should be clearly stated if it is 10 or 6 seats, especially where they have always been 6 seats in the past

on the plus side the 10min blinds tornys are a mile better with 2k chips rather than 1.5k so well done sky on that!

PS. MICKYBLUE - DID U ENJOY THE LESSON IN HEADS UP PLAY I PUT ON 4 U .... LOL
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited October 2009
    televise a deepie only way 2 promote them on sky i think.....
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm a deepie , depending on roll between 2 and 5 pounds . Please give us back our beloved 6 seaters .  Not only is it our preferred game but we have a great community in them . There's always plenty of chat and banter and newcomers soon feel part of our little world. Personally ,i also enjoy the 10 seaters and find them more relaxing . So , why not have 1 or 2 new 10 seaters but leave the same amount of 6 seaters at the usual times .PLEASE .
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Gr8 post this has to be the way to go sky, keep the 6 seater fans happy and put another 10 seater on every nite, every1 wins. They have no quaranteed prize pool so its win win all round, Ozzie

Hope to see u in our little community pill on 6 seaters 2 mora, but i doubt we will be that lucky, gl at the tbs m8, Ozzie
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here : could u plzz tell me where they asked and yes i am now playing in a 10 seater that i thought like always for the last 2 1/2 years was a  6 seater , not advertised refund issue infact bang out of order most of the players feel cheated by sky . y oh y sky u did this .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I agree Den
    I entered both 2 night in ignorance and enjoyed neither.
    I moaned in the chat box got really cross played badly ect ect ect
    If the 6 seater does not come back I will miss them as win or lose they have been great fun

Pamxx
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here : Hi dave, the 2.20 buy in deep stacks are played a quarter past the hour every hour untill, 8.15pm when the buy in changes to £5.50. These used 2 be all 6 seater gms with plyers ranging from 10/20 with 3hrs of play for 2 quid. Now thats gr8 value 4 people with a limited BR and shows people that they can actually fold a hand on the river rather than goin all in every other hand which happens in the speed and BH tournies. I wont be playing the 10 seat ds and if we are lucky enough 2 go back to the old format, i will be back where i love 2 play. Come along and join the fun and banter, it used 2 be the same old faces but im sure that will be lost if they contine with the 10 seat format. Im 1 customer who hopes they will be back seeming im off work nxt week and i will be lost without my daily dosage of 6 seater ds, Gl at the tbs m8, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    Hi Oz

Maybe Dave thought only 6 players enter, who knows but I just know I will miss the games very much

Pamx
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here : I agree Den I entered both 2 night in ignorance and enjoyed neither. I moaned in the chat box got really cross played badly ect ect ect If the 6 seater does not come back I will miss them as win or lose they have been great fun Pamxx
    Posted by tiggerace7
    Agree ruined my evening of deep stack poker, 4 the 1st time in ages i have actually stopped playin because there just no enjoyment in the 10 seater ds. Long live the 6 seater, bring em bk plz sky, Ozzie
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    agree, 8.15 should b 6 seats for sure

the 1s in the day where there's only 7-10 of u anyway should b better as 10 seats cos ur all together surely....?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    u got it in  1 there  m8 , its the banter, the new players come in 2 deepstacks for value and chat , we help and become m8s , thus promotting sky , ok so we do take a bit of money off them but we chat and teach them 2 , heck we are the backbone of sky village , come on bring back the 6 seaters .
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: i am leaving if they dont bring back 6 seater deepstack u agree or not vote here : Hi Oz Maybe Dave thought only 6 players enter, who knows but I just know I will miss the games very much Pamx
    Posted by tiggerace7
    Hopefully sky will see the plyers who actually play those 6 seat ds dont want them 2 change, I joined sky because it was 6 seater tbs. Lots of gd poker and banter on those tbs will be sadly missed if this decision is not over turned, Ozzie
  • Options
    RasalomRasalom Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2009
    totally agree IrishRover the 10 seater has ruined this tournament