You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,429
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Sky-Bernie never stops fiffing, faffing & fettling the Tornamwnt Structures, & he's been tinkering with things again.

He's changed the following.

The 9.30pm £11 Bounty Hunter - which has been attracting bigger & bigger fields - now has a bigger Guarantee, up to £1,500, from £1,250 previously.

But there's more.....

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    Do tell, please.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

In response to a lot of "we want more play" Feedback, the starting chip stacks on ALL the regular Guaranteed & Speed Tourneys has been increased from 1,500, to 2,000.

This should be almost immediately, but manually inputting all the changes takes a bit of time, so if he's missed any, make it known on this Thread
    so that we can give him a quick slap round the chops. ;) 
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Fpr those who want a bigger Guaranteed game later in the evening, there are now TWO new Guaranteed Tournaments every Evening, at 10pm, & 11.15pm. Both are £10 + £1, & both carry a £500 Guarantee.

Hold up - I'm not finished yet.....
  • Options
    edited October 2009

For the real Night Owls, the Guarantee on the £11 Midnight jobbie has increased to £500.

More.....
  • Options
    edited October 2009

There's also an 8pm jobbie wich is becoming very popular, at 8pm, that one has been increased from £3.30 to £5.50, & the Guarantee doubled, from £250, to £500.

Not done yet......
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited October 2009
    oooh licks lips
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi tikay

That Sky Bernie defo has been a busy bee, what a Sky Guy, told you there the bestists.

You playing the Orfordable tonite tikay?
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Finally, there is some confusion as to why some of the Deepies are 6 Seater, & others 10 seater.

The 7pm Deepies are mostly 10 seaters, & get really good fields, but at present, Monday is - or was! - a 6 seater, so Bernie has changed all the Deepies to 10 Seaters.

I know not everyone will like that (though the majority seem to want it), but let's face it, we are poker players, so if we don't have something to moan about, we get uppity.

I'm not clear if this includes the 7.30pm Nightly £22-er, or Sunday's £2,000 Guarateed £110-er, but I guess we''l soon see. Personally, I hope it does, as the numbers in these 2 Tourneys rermain a bit low, which is sad, because they are incredibly well structured, & thus the luck factor is much reduced, & skill factor increased.

Sky Bernie = Legend. Not bad for a man in his 70's, eh?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees!:
    Finally, there is some confusion as to why some of the Deepies are 6 Seater, & others 10 seater. The 7pm Deepies are mostly 10 seaters, & get really good fields, but at present, Monday is - or was! - a 6 seater, so Bernie has changed all the Deepies to 10 Seaters. I know not everyone will like that (though the majority seem to want it), but let's face it, we are poker players, so if we don't have something to moan about, we get uppity. I'm not clear if this includes the 7.30pm Nightly £22-er, or Sunday's £2,000 Guarateed £110-er, but I guess we''l soon see. Personally, I hope it does, as the numbers in these 2 Tourneys rermain a bit low, which is sad, because they are incredibly well structured, & thus the luck factor is much reduced, & skill factor increased. Sky Bernie = Legend. Not bad for a man in his 70's, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Your (much) younger brother?
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009

I occasionally play the 1915 £2.20 deepstack.
    I have never played on a ten seater table before.
    What are the changes I should make to my game on a ten seater tables?

• Options
    edited October 2009

Oh - & don't forget, the Super Satellites are up & running - NOW - for the Sky Poker Tour.

If you wanna qualify for these, the best time to qualify is early, as it gets harder as the date approches.

Just before they finish, everyone will be trying madly to win a Seat, so do what the Pros do, & qualify early.

You know it makes sense.

That's it. What was it this man used to say?

• Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees! : Your younger brother?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Sigh. There was no need.

KQ is the Nutz.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited October 2009
    This is great news tikay and Bernie thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees! : Sigh. There was no need. KQ is the Nutz.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You never told me where I went wrong in my post in the poker strategy thread.
    Heads-up, I did a massive all-in pre-flop overbet with KQ and got a sucker to call me with KK.
    But he got lucky and the KK won - just one of those unavoidable bad-luck things?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi tikay That Sky Bernie defo has been a busy bee, what a Sky Guy, told you there the bestists. You playing the Orfordable tonite tikay?
    Posted by acebarry10
    I don't think so Barry, I've had a busy week or two, so I'm probably having a rest tonight.

I did the Live Show last night, finished just after Midnight, & drove home, so it was 3am, before I was in bed.

I plan to drive back down to Luton tonight, to see some mates I've not seen in a while, & play G-Luton's splendid Friday Night £75 jobbie, which has 8,000 chips & plays nicely.

I'll stay over locally, then poodle down to Brighton tomorrow, & stay at the beautiful Hickstead Hotel - they have a Heron by the lake there - and go play the £500, 15,000, chip 1 Hour Clock 2 dayer at their Autumn Festival. If that goes wrong, it'll be back up to Luton on Sunday for their £100 affair, & then, from Monday, back at Feltham, & I think I'll be Online every night next week.

A nice restful weekend in prospect, then.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees! : You never told me where I went wrong in my post in the poker strategy thread. Heads-up, I did a massive all-in pre-flop overbet with KQ and got a sucker to call me with KK. But he got lucky and the KK won - just one of those unavoidable bad-luck things?
    Posted by MereNovice
    It's the way I play 'em. I'm blessed, I tell ya.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nice one - have a great weekend.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees! : I don't think so Barry, I've had a busy week or two, so I'm probably having a rest tonight. I did the Live Show last night, finished just after Midnight, & drove home, so it was 3am, before I was in bed. I plan to drive back down to Luton tonight, to see some mates I've not seen in a while, & play G-Luton's splendid Friday Night £75 jobbie, which has 8,000 chips & plays nicely. I'll stay over locally, then poodle down to Brighton tomorrow, & stay at the beautiful Hickstead Hotel - they have a Heron by the lake there - and go play the £500, 15,000, chip 1 Hour Clock 2 dayer at their Autumn Festival. If that goes wrong, it'll be back up to Luton on Sunday for their £100 affair, & then, from Monday, back at Feltham, & I think I'll be Online every night next week. A nice restful weekend in prospect, then.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Good luck, get em won, prove to em Sky Poker Rules :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I occasionally play the 1915 £2.20 deepstack. I have never played on a ten seater table before. What are the changes I should make to my game on a ten seater tables?
    Posted by apollo_11
    Hi Apollo,

I know you are fairly new here, & have been doing very nicely - nice one, & keep it up!

Right, the difference between 6 & 10 seaters.

Well it sounds like a statement of the obvious, but really, it boils down to this - you hav NINE opponnts on the Table, rather than five.

So......

1) Tighten up your starting hand range criteria a tad. On a 10 seater, A-Ten or A-J are MUCH weaker than on a 6 Seat Table, for example, & the same with Pairs - you can usually make a stand with, say, 8-8 on a 6 seater (depending on what the Betting tells you) whereas on a 10 seater, move that up to Ten-Ten or Jack-Jack.

2) One thing changes DRAMATICALLY in 10 seaters compared to 6 seaters - POSITION.

Ask ANY Pro, anywhere, what THE most important skill in poker is, & most wll say the same thing - POSITION! UTG (Under The Gun, = first to speak), in a 10 seater, I usually bin A-Ten down, & the same with small Pairs - just get rid of them. In LATE Position, these hands CAN be played strongly, because there is less chnce of someone behind you waking up with a hand.

That's about it really. More seats = more opponents, UNLESS you are in Late Position.

Position is THE most important skill to learn - but, oddly, 90% of players ignore it. And suffer accordingly. I cn ply 2-2 strongly on th Button in a 10 Seater, but UTG, it goes in the bin, because it's almost impossible to play fom there unless you hit your set.

Hope that helps - if you need more hints, just ask, as most of the regulars on here, including me, love to help other players. That's why it's such a great place to learn poker.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2009
    Im not a fan of the 2.20 ds and the 8.15 ds being changed to 10 seats. Now there is no 6 seater ds gms, wots a person suppose 2 do now there all 10 seats if like myself dosent like playin 10 seaters. I belive that they should of stayed 6 seaters and especially the 8.15 ds

Lets hope we c 100 players in these games seeming the reason they have been changed is 2 accomadate the players who regulary play the 7 o clock ds and are asking 4 more 10 seat ds tournies. Time will tell but i very much doubt the numbers will be any where near the numbers of the 7 o clock depies, Ozzie