You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees!

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited October 2009

Noted Ozzie.

Please remember, Sky Poker are reacting to Customer feedback here.

So if you want a few 6 Seater Deepies to stay on the Schedule, I don't think it would be a problem - I'm quite sure Sky Bernie could sort it out, & pretty quickly too.

It's impossible to please everyone, but they do try! And they will.

So if a few folks are really keen to retain 6 Seater Deepies, Post on this Thread, & I'm sure we can get Bernie to sort something out. The bulk of them WILL be 10 Seaters, because thats what most of the Players want, but I'm sure a few 6 Seaters could be retained.

What did you think of the rest of the changes - the increased Guarantees etc?
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited October 2009
    i would like 6 seaters to stay 2.20 buyins and say in the evenings have a 5.50 10 seater and a 5.50 6 seater that way players can choose what one they want to enter
                                                          thanks lucky
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2009
    Thanx 4 your reply Tk, My main gripe with the small 2 quid jobbies being changed is they normaly attract the same 12/15 players.So if the reason they have changed is because the ppl have spoken i would expect there to be 50 players 2nite at least. But the 6.15 kicked of with 7 runners. The 7.15 norm has 25/30 runners. This has kicked off with 22 so where ll all these extra faces that want 10 seats.

I believe the 7 o clock deepies r fine as 10 seats and i do play them but i like 2 have the choice. If people want more 10 seats y cant 1 every nite be added at a later start time mayb 8 o clock. This would suit all parties.

Neway all the other changes r excellent news, more chips, bigger Guaranteed prize pools extra tournies. Wot more could we ask 4, maybe less bounter hunters lol, Ozzie
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    Wasn't the 7 players on 1 table better than 4+3 though ozzie?
  • Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees!:
    Finally, there is some confusion as to why some of the Deepies are 6 Seater, & others 10 seater. The 7pm Deepies are mostly 10 seaters, & get really good fields, but at present, Monday is - or was! - a 6 seater, so Bernie has changed all the Deepies to 10 Seaters. I know not everyone will like that (though the majority seem to want it), but let's face it, we are poker players, so if we don't have something to moan about, we get uppity. I'm not clear if this includes the 7.30pm Nightly £22-er, or Sunday's £2,000 Guarateed £110-er, but I guess we''l soon see. Personally, I hope it does, as the numbers in these 2 Tourneys rermain a bit low, which is sad, because they are incredibly well structured, & thus the luck factor is much reduced, & skill factor increased. Sky Bernie = Legend. Not bad for a man in his 70's, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    been waiting for the changes to 10 seaters for the deepies tikay thanks tobernie
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wasn't the 7 players on 1 table better than 4+3 though ozzie?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Nope, i play 6 seat ds because i like em, i dont play 10 seat ds cos i dont like em. Now the only game i enjoy playin on sky has gone. Dosent leave me with mnay options really does it, Ozzie
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited October 2009
    I prefer the 6 six seat format, but also enjoy the challenge of ten seater.  I regularly play both the 7.00 ten seater and 7.30 £22 7.30 six seater.  They are different, that is why I play both.  They will now be pretty similar, and I will have to review whether I continue to play both.  I'd also like to point out that the lobby for the 7.30 does not mention anywhere that it has changed to a ten seater - it has always been a six seater and it was a bit of a shock when a ten seater table appeared.  I know that the 7.30 hasn't been attracting enough runners to justify the guarantee, and if the change does mean the numbers go up then that will be good, because the prize pool will go up and this could attract even more players.  By I doubt that this will happen.  I have been fairly successful in the six seater deep stack format - if I do not maintain a certain level of success at the ten seater format I will not be able to afford the £22 jobbie every night.
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2009

PLEASE DONT CHANGE THE £110 DEEPIE TO 10 SEATER! PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSE!!!

• Options
    edited October 2009
    PLEASE DONT CHANGE THE £110 DEEPIE TO 10 SEATER! PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSE!!!
    Posted by dantb10
    Hi dant every single ds has been changed to 10 seaters
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky-Bernie's Been Busy; Better Structures & Guarantees! : Nope, i play 6 seat ds because i like em, i dont play 10 seat ds cos i dont like em. Now the only game i enjoy playin on sky has gone. Dosent leave me with mnay options really does it, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    yes i agree ozz i only play 10 seater orford cos of its own league and 6 seaters are the ones as i play them day in  day out

be lucky all 
                     lucky
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2009

NOOOOOO!!!!

I LOVE THE £110 DEEPIE! PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE!! 

• Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited October 2009
    The trouble is that the lobby doesn't say what it is.  Anyone not reading the forum would not have a clue
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    i have poll vote running on it guys
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    Finally, there is some confusion as to why some of the Deepies are 6 Seater, & others 10 seater. The 7pm Deepies are mostly 10 seaters, & get really good fields, but at present, Monday is - or was! - a 6 seater, so Bernie has changed all the Deepies to 10 Seaters. I know not everyone will like that (though the majority seem to want it), but let's face it, we are poker players, so if we don't have something to moan about, we get uppity. I'm not clear if this includes the 7.30pm Nightly £22-er, or Sunday's £2,000 Guarateed £110-er, but I guess we''l soon see. Personally, I hope it does, as the numbers in these 2 Tourneys rermain a bit low, which is sad, because they are incredibly well structured, & thus the luck factor is much reduced, & skill factor increased. Sky Bernie = Legend. Not bad for a man in his 70's, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    What evidence do you have that the majority seem to want it, ive seen no debate, questionaire etc and im on the sky mailing list. go to irishrover poll about it on the forum and have a proper vote, then we can judge if its wanted or not. Believe me when i say this, a lot of people dont like this change.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    we have to keep at least the 8.15ds a 6 seater--thats ozzies and rovers tourney!!!!--sky have no right to touch it-- imo-- lol---they own that tourney tikay--and i think thier opinion on it really should hold a lot of wieght--myself--i would also prefer it to remain as is --there are plenty of games now for the ten seat fans----the new 2000 chips is great though--n1
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    Noted Ozzie. Please remember, Sky Poker are reacting to Customer feedback here. So if you want a few 6 Seater Deepies to stay on the Schedule, I don't think it would be a problem - I'm quite sure Sky Bernie could sort it out, & pretty quickly too. It's impossible to please everyone, but they do try! And they will. So if a few folks are really keen to retain 6 Seater Deepies, Post on this Thread, & I'm sure we can get Bernie to sort something out. The bulk of them WILL be 10 Seaters, because thats what most of the Players want, but I'm sure a few 6 Seaters could be retained. What did you think of the rest of the changes - the increased Guarantees etc?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, youve stated 'thats what most of the players want'. I refer you to my last post - where was the debate and how was this conclusion reached.
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    Hi Everyone

I for one do not want and will not play 10 seater tournys.
     The tournament lobby did not state it was a 10 seater therefore I for one feel cheated.
     I entered the 7.15 and 8.15 and would not have if I had known.
    I visit the forum regularly but had not seen it mentioned
    Is this a case of NOT WHAT IT SAYS ON THE CAN.
    Some of you know me and I look forward to Tikays response to this

If things change should it be stated in the LOBBY?
    Do I have the right to feel cheated?
    Do you agree with my comments?
    Going by the table comments tonight this is not a popular move, from my point of view I don't like them so it is easy, I won't play them. decision made, no problem.
    So sky it is your trainset and you can play with it how you want of course but I will not be entering the 10 seater deepstacks, my problem is are they all now 10 seaters? 
    I don't want to enter one again by mistake
    Actually if they are I will feel quite sad, I have always enjoyed the deep stacks and got to know quite a few regulars  in the chat box. Win or lose I have always enjoyed the game.

Pam.....Tiggerace7
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    Hi Everyone,

Have now calmed down a bit and read all the posts.

So I wil now vote to have the choice of some 6 seater deep stacks.

I will also play the games, with the higher starting chipsstack, I think that is a good idea and I had read and seen that detailed in the poker lobby.

I look forward to seeing all these players who want 10 seater deepstacks.I will also watch a few of these games.
    Time will tell but I think the 10 seaters will not be supported as well as Sky thinks.
    We will see.

Pam
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Everyone I for one do not want and will not play 10 seater tournys.  The tournament lobby did not state it was a 10 seater therefore I for one feel cheated.  I entered the 7.15 and 8.15 and would not have if I had known. I visit the forum regularly but had not seen it mentioned Is this a case of NOT WHAT IT SAYS ON THE CAN. Some of you know me and I look forward to Tikays response to this If things change should it be stated in the LOBBY? Do I have the right to feel cheated? Do you agree with my comments? Going by the table comments tonight this is not a popular move, from my point of view I don't like them so it is easy, I won't play them. decision made, no problem. So sky it is your trainset and you can play with it how you want of course but I will not be entering the 10 seater deepstacks, my problem is are they all now 10 seaters?  I don't want to enter one again by mistake Actually if they are I will feel quite sad, I have always enjoyed the deep stacks and got to know quite a few regulars  in the chat box. Win or lose I have always enjoyed the game. Pam.....Tiggerace7
    Posted by tiggerace7
    100% agree pam, 6 seat ds totally diff game to 10 seats. The same plyers play these 2quid and 5 quid buy ins and from general reports from the regulars, no 1 is happy with this change. I do hope these all return back 2 normal, unless there is no games on sky that i feel i want 2 play, Ozzie
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    In response to a lot of "we want more play" Feedback, the starting chip stacks on ALL the regular Guaranteed & Speed Tourneys has been increased from 1,500, to 2,000. This should be almost immediately, but manually inputting all the changes takes a bit of time, so if he's missed any, make it known on this Thread so that we can give him a quick slap round the chops. ;) 
    Posted by Tikay10
     Just noticed the "Super Sunday £200 GTD" only had 1500 chips to start... I didnt play it as i misses it by a few seconds :( ... but looks like that 1 has slipped bernies net