You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

As I said - lots of times - yesterday, the 6 Seaters had been changed to 10 Seaters because Customer Feedback, including on this Forum a month or two back, indicated players wanted 10 Seaters.

I also said that Sky-Bernie always listens to Customer Feecback, & would react accordingly.

I sent all the Threads to Sky Bernie at 2am this morning, & this morning he has REVERSED the changes he made yesterday.

It's "as you were", with just the 7pm Deepies remaining as 10 Seaters.

Have a good weekend, & though only one person commented, I hope you like the other changes Bernie made, increasing the Guarantees on several Tourneys, upping the chips ftom 1,500 to 2,000 in lots of Comps, & introducing some nice new Comps.

Comments

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater?:
    As I said - lots of times - yesterday, the 6 Seaters had been changed to 10 Seaters because Customer Feedback, including on this Forum a month or two back, indicated players wanted 10 Seaters. I also said that Sky-Bernie always listens to Customer Feecback, & would react accordingly. I sent all the Threads to Sky Bernie at 2am this morning, & this morning he has REVERSED the changes he made yesterday. It's "as you were", with just the 7pm Deepies remaining as 10 Seaters. Have a good weekend, & though only one person commented, I hope you like the other changes Bernie made, increasing the Guarantees on several Tourneys, upping the chips ftom 1,500 to 2,000 in lots of Comps, & introducing some nice new Comps.
    Posted by Tikay10

n1 bernie takes a bigger man like u to change ones mind wd  m8.

ty tk again and sky.
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2009
    I think that MOST of the complaints were that they didn't know WHICH tournies had been changed.

My position is well known, all I would like to see is a couple of 10 seaters each evening.
    It was obvious that if you change loads of tournies without warning it is going to provoke a response.
    Furthermore, most of the those complaining dont even play the regular deepstacks at 7pm and 7.30!

I dont think for one minute that anyone was asking for one thing OR another - we are just asking for a choice!
    All this has done is put the '10 seater' people back where they were.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater?:
    In Response to Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : n1 bernie takes a bigger man like u to change his mind wd  m8. ty tk again and sky.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    You will never met a bigger or better Man than Sky-Bernie, so that's a nice thing to say, thank you.

In one of the most awful "ugh" moments I've ever had at Sky Poker, someone actually suggested yesterday whilst all the 6/10 Seater hoohah was going off that Sky Bernie would be lucky to still have his job in a week, which I thought was deeply offensive. He's a giant of a man, & he has the unenviable task of trying to please poker players. And THAT is not easy.

Anyway, all sorted now.

What price someone starts a Thread - "we want 10 seater Deepies"......?
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    As I stated yesterday, it's great to see Sky taking a proactive role in the 'proper tournies' such as the deepstacks.  I would like to thank Bernie for his hard work.  6 seaters and 10 seaters require different skills and a good mixture would be best.  Would it be possible to state on the registration page whether the game is 6 or 10 seater? 

Additionally, sorry for not mentioning it yesterday, but well done Bernie for adding more chips and more play into some of the other tournies as well.  This is the main reason I stay with Sky is because they DO LISTEN.  This forum is incredibly powerful and players do need to realise that Sky are a business and are trying to constantly get more players.  Some of the 6 seater deepies do need a shake up.  The 7:30 deepie is the best tourney going but is not much fun with sub 20 players everyday. 

Perhaps, rather than throw our toys out of the pram and threaten Sky with quitting, all players should look at solutions to make the tournies have more runners???  At the end of the day, that's all Bernie was doing. :)
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : You will never met a bigger or better Man than Sky-Bernie, so that's a nice thing to say, thank you. In one of the most awful "ugh" moments I've ever had at Sky Poker, someone actually suggested yesterday whilst all the 6/10 Seater hoohah was going off that Sky Bernie would be lucky to still have his job in a week, which I thought was deeply offensive. He's a giant of a man, & he has the unenviable task of trying to please poker players. And THAT is not easy. Anyway, all sorted now. What price someone starts a Thread - "we want 10 seater Deepies"......?
    Posted by Tikay10
    "we want 10 seater Deepies"......?    lol im thinking about it...give me evens;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : You will never met a bigger or better Man than Sky-Bernie, so that's a nice thing to say, thank you. In one of the most awful "ugh" moments I've ever had at Sky Poker, someone actually suggested yesterday whilst all the 6/10 Seater hoohah was going off that Sky Bernie would be lucky to still have his job in a week, which I thought was deeply offensive. He's a giant of a man, & he has the unenviable task of trying to please poker players. And THAT is not easy. Anyway, all sorted now. What price someone starts a Thread - "we want 10 seater Deepies"......?
    Posted by Tikay10

hands up it was me and i am very sorry for that .
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited October 2009
    hi a a big ty to sky bernie
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    As I stated yesterday, it's great to see Sky taking a proactive role in the 'proper tournies' such as the deepstacks.  I would like to thank Bernie for his hard work.  6 seaters and 10 seaters require different skills and a good mixture would be best.  Would it be possible to state on the registration page whether the game is 6 or 10 seater?  Additionally, sorry for not mentioning it yesterday, but well done Bernie for adding more chips and more play into some of the other tournies as well.  This is the main reason I stay with Sky is because they DO LISTEN.  This forum is incredibly powerful and players do need to realise that Sky are a business and are trying to constantly get more players.  Some of the 6 seater deepies do need a shake up.  The 7:30 deepie is the best tourney going but is not much fun with sub 20 players everyday.  Perhaps, rather than throw our toys out of the pram and threaten Sky with quitting, all players should look at solutions to make the tournies have more runners???  At the end of the day, that's all Bernie was doing. :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Good post Phil.

Are you going to the SPT events? Hope you are well not spoken for a while. School's are back! ;)

Dave
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : hands up it was me and i am very sorry for that .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Respect for holding your hands up and apologising Irish'.

Now lets get down to our mutual love! P O K E R!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : Respect for holding your hands up and apologising Irish'. Now lets get down to all of our mutual love! P O K E R!
    Posted by Grimstar30
    true lol
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    Hi All
    I'm putting my 2 peneth in now.
    10 or 6 seaters are just wrong, WHY OH WHY, are there no 15 seater tables with 8 hour blinds, with starting stacks of 500000, buy-in whatever you can afford(1p to 1 million). NOW THATS A REAL TOURNAMENT.

If you dont here from me for a while it'll either be the little green men in my back garden or the men in white coats that will have got to me.

In my eyes a games a game, whether 6 or 10 seater. Choice is paramount so well done again for listening to us, I don't think any of the other "big" sites would do so.
    rant over gl all. Success, gl and enjoy your poker.

col
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi All I'm putting my 2 peneth in now. 10 or 6 seaters are just wrong, WHY OH WHY, are there no 15 seater tables with 8 hour blinds, with starting stacks of 500000, buy-in whatever you can afford(1p to 1 million). NOW THATS A REAL TOURNAMENT. If you dont here from me for a while it'll either be the little green men in my back garden or the men in white coats that will have got to me. In my eyes a games a game, whether 6 or 10 seater. Choice is paramount so well done again for listening to us, I don't think any of the other "big" sites would do so. rant over gl all. Success, gl and enjoy your poker. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Spot on Col. Well done for qualifying for Manc' by the way. We are aiming for Luton. You going to try for there too? Dave
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : Good post Phil. Are you going to the SPT events? Hope you are well not spoken for a while. School's are back! ;) Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Not gonna try for the Northern events m8 but will defo be aiming for Swansea again and possibly Luton.  2 weeks til holidays again....... then you'll see plenty of me on here lol
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    Hi All

Great news as far as I am concerned.

A big thank you to sky Bernie.........who should be appreciated for acting so fast, that takes great courage, this is what sets sky apart from the other poker sites.

Also ty to Tikay who I am sure had a hand in it.

Just one question....honest......

Will the poker lobby always say wether its 6 or 10 handed?

Being honest that was why I personally was upset as I not realised what I had entered... I know I should check daily in the forum.

Pam
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

The old addage that ends, you cant please all of the people all of the time, but Ill tell you what Sky Bernie certainly gives it a very good go.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : Not gonna try for the Northern events m8 but will defo be aiming for Swansea again and possibly Luton.  2 weeks til holidays again....... then you'll see plenty of me on here lol
    Posted by phil12uk
    I think we are aiming for Luton. Is Swansea easy to get to?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi All Great news as far as I am concerned. A big thank you to sky Bernie.........who should be appreciated for acting so fast, that takes great courage, this is what sets sky apart from the other poker sites. Also ty to Tikay who I am sure had a hand in it. Just one question....honest...... Will the poker lobby always say wether its 6 or 10 handed? Being honest that was why I personally was upset as I not realised what I had entered... I know I should check daily in the forum. Pam
    Posted by tiggerace7
    I think that is something they will sort out very soon Pam.

There had been a clamour for 10 Seater Deepies (there are various threads showing this), & Bernie was on his "let's sort out a few things" day, so while he was doing that, he changed the Deepies, thinking he was doing right. The truth is, there are not many players who play the 6 Seater Deepies, not many at all, when you think how many play the 9pm & 9.30 Tourneys, & he was just trying to give the Players what they'd asked for.

I got his e-Mail saying that at 3pm yesterday, so I immediately Posted the news on the Forum, & the Thread got quite a few hits. Not ideal communication, I agree, but it was all well-intended.

I'm a bit down today though, I do feel so for Bernie, he did what he thought was right, what players had asked for, & suddenly everyone was on his case.  Typically, he was OK about it this morning, & just changed it back immediately.

It's VERY hard to please Poker Players, because we all want what we want. And we all want different things.

Anyways, it's good that you are here, & I hope you have a great weekend.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : I think we are aiming for Luton. Is Swansea easy to get to?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Yes - Great Western Region from Paddington, via Bristol & Cardiff.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : I think we are aiming for Luton. Is Swansea easy to get to?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    LOL at Tikay's response to this question Dave.   I'm aiming for Swansea as my sister lives there so it's free accommodation :)
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : Spot on Col. Well done for qualifying for Manc' by the way. We are aiming for Luton. You going to try for there too? Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Hi Dave yes i'll be trying but i will attend even if i dont qualify
    col