You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater?

Comments

• Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2009
    I imagine that we wont be seeing any of the 6 seater supporters play the SPT then!
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2009
     VERY BIG THANKYOU TO SKY BERNIE AND TK .
  • Options
    -TARAS--TARAS- Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater?:
    Hi All Great news as far as I am concerned. A big thank you to sky Bernie.........who should be appreciated for acting so fast, that takes great courage, this is what sets sky apart from the other poker sites. Also ty to Tikay who I am sure had a hand in it. Just one question....honest...... Will the poker lobby always say wether its 6 or 10 handed? Being honest that was why I personally was upset as I not realised what I had entered... I know I should check daily in the forum. Pam
    Posted by tiggerace7
    Im virtually a total novice to poker and sky poker but try not to miss the 8.15 ds as the pkr isnt all wham bam ty maam and the banter is very friendly and forgiving when i make my usual bad call or bad play. I shared tiggerace7 concerns and found myself asking where am i and why am i here and not just in the bibical sense.Thank you sky for reacting to feedback and changing this tourny to a 10 seater but a bigger ty for changing it back to a 6.At the end of the day if it aint broke why fix it.Best wishes to sky and all regulars of the 8.15ds
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited October 2009

Ty TARAS,

That's a very understanding Post - and a nice first Post on the Sky Forum.

Welcome aboard.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, just Post them, & someone will make sure it gets to the right ears & eyes, quickly.

Enjoy your Poker.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited October 2009
    Thanks TK and Sky Bernie

Hopefully we can have 10 seater and 6 seater d/s so everybody happy. 6 seater my favourite and probably the only reason i'm playing on this site.
    Learning all the time and the banter is good.

• Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited October 2009
    ...but can we change the 9.30 bounty hunter into a ten seater?

ducks
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    well done bernie--we all know you were only doing what you were led to believe we wanted---personally i think the 10 seaters are a great game--but then so are the six seaters ---i would like to see the 2.20 ds change alternately from 6 to 10 seaters during the day--that way there can be a choice and people can try the 10 seaters---some people--imo---would change thier minds about thier preference if they played 10 seaters for a while to get used to the different strategy---thanks again--and thanks again for the 2k chips change--brilliant work---sky is the best

ps--please say a big thank you to the technical team--whatever they did last week was brilliant!!--i can load tables in seconds now--even with my slow connection---i have been giving them some stick lately--but they now deserve a great big thanks from me----cheers techies--marvellous work
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited October 2009
    A big thank you from me as well, the Sky Community team and presenters, each and every one of you deserve a huge round of applause for your hard work and your ability to communicate with the "peasants"

I prefer 10 seaters as it mirrors the live game but appreciate the fact that people also like the 6 seater format which sets Sky apart from the others.

I think the 7pm deepies are fine as 10 seaters and if it is not too much trouble the others stay as 6, I play the 10 seater deep stacks to replicate the live game experience of DTD as you can't beat the live game in my opinion. 

Dave
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater?:
    As I said - lots of times - yesterday, the 6 Seaters had been changed to 10 Seaters because Customer Feedback, including on this Forum a month or two back, indicated players wanted 10 Seaters. I also said that Sky-Bernie always listens to Customer Feecback, & would react accordingly. I sent all the Threads to Sky Bernie at 2am this morning, & this morning he has REVERSED the changes he made yesterday. It's "as you were", with just the 7pm Deepies remaining as 10 Seaters. Have a good weekend, & though only one person commented, I hope you like the other changes Bernie made, increasing the Guarantees on several Tourneys, upping the chips ftom 1,500 to 2,000 in lots of Comps, & introducing some nice new Comps.
    Posted by Tikay10
    just played on the 07.15pm deep stack which should have been 6 seater. I definitely had nine other people surrounding me. Lots of people unhappy as they thought it six as above.

Refunds due i think!!!
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : just played on the 07.15pm deep stack which should have been 6 seater. I definitely had nine other people surrounding me. Lots of people unhappy as they thought it six as above. Refunds due i think!!!
    Posted by vaigret

Mmmm bit of a surprise to me too - much as i like everyone who was playing, rather see them in smaller numbers.  Seriously, entered because i thought they had gone back to 6 seaters so bit of a shock to say the least when it opened as a 10 man.  Is this a mistake and will it be sorted for tomorrow/monday?
  • Options
    CHIPADEECHIPADEE Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2009

I can't believe that the 7.15 deep stack was a 10 seater. I would not have played it if I had known. But it just goes to show dont listen to what you read on the forums, as i read it as it would be a 6 seater. I don't even know how to find out when it will be a 6 seater so if anyone knows how to find out if it is a 6 or 10 seater. So i am now watching telly (great)

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : Yes - Great Western Region from Paddington, via Bristol & Cardiff.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My son's a train driver on that line :)
  • Options
    StarBobbieStarBobbie Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2009
    I was also surprised that the 1915 deepstack was a 10 seater.
    I expected to see a 6 seater table when I finally connected and was surprised it was a 10 seater.
    This deepstack is popular due to the low entry fee and I think most of the players in it would perfer this one to be a 6 seater tournament
    Please put it back as a 6 seater tournament and state in the entry information that it is a 6 seater.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Last night's 7.15 Deepie was a 10 Seater?

It was my understanding, as I reported yesteday, that these should have reverted to 6 Seaters - perhaps they just missed it when they were re-setting the Tourneys manually. Sometimes these things happen.

I'll send this Thread to Bernie, & he'll see it on Monday, & check it out.
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2009
    Hi Everyone.

As per Tikay, this is a manual process and therefore I imagine that this 7.15pm deepstack had either been missed or already created. Apologies to all who where affected, it was an innocent mistake, it was intended to be a 6 seat as advised here on the forums.

I've run through the tournament schedule today and can confirm that every regular deepstack has reverted back to the 6 seat format as previously.

There are four 10 Seater deepstacks which can be distinguished by their tournament decription, but i've listed them all here too for you:

Forum deepstack at 7pm on Tuesdays
    Orfordable deepstack at 7pm on Fridays and Sundays
    10 handed Deepstack at 7pm on Thursday and Saturdays
    Tikays Sleepstack at 7pm on Wednesdays

P.S. These are the only 10 seater MTT's on Sky Poker at this time, everything else will be six seated...

Best Wishes

Adam
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Thanks for clarifying that Adam.

Personally, I think it's a real shame that we only have 6 10 Seater Deepies in the entire week, but it's no big deal, & I'll play any & all Deepies that time permits, be they 6 seater or 10 seater.

The sad thing is that the numbers of runners in the Deepies remains so small, & so I fear for their future, I really do.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for clarifying that Adam. Personally, I think it's a real shame that we only have 6 10 Seater Deepies in the entire week, but it's no big deal, & I'll play any & all Deepies that time permits, be they 6 seater or 10 seater. The sad thing is that the numbers of runners in the Deepies remains so small, & so I fear for their future, I really do.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I am currently trying to build my bankroll to play at least one of em, I still think that the numbers will increase given time (fingers crossed), did you go to brighton? or did you take in a more local one? or just chill out last night?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepies - 6 seater or 10 Seater? : Hi tikay I am currently trying to build my bankroll to play at least one of em, I still think that the numbers will increase given time (fingers crossed), did you go to brighton? or did you take in a more local one? or just chill out last night?
    Posted by acebarry10
    Went to Brighton, exited in Level 8.

Bleurgh.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    Hello Sky Adam

Many thanks for the clarification to the problem with the 1915 deepstack.
    I agree with Tikay that there should be more 10 seater deepstack tournaments running along side the regular 6 seater deepstacks. A lot of players wanted the 10 seater D/S and they should be granted a few more to keep those players happy as well. Sky has been listening to the remarks in the forums and have done a good job so far.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited October 2009
    Hi all,

Having just got back from holiday I guess I am coming a little late to the 6/10 seat debate.  Personally I prefer the 10 seat structure on the deepstacks as I feel that this this suits my style of play, but i'm certainly not going to throw my toys out of the pram if sky decides to revert them all back to 6 seats.

Just a suggestion but could SKy perhaps have a few guaranteed prizes for some of the lower priced deepstacks both 6 & 10 seat to encourage more people to give them a try.

Steve