You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What improvements would you make to the site?

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
For a long time this was the only site I'd played poker on. However over the last 6 months I've tried one or two others & came to realise that as much as I like playing here there are certainly some improvements & additions that would be great. Namely, It would be great if I could get a more detailed hand history to help me look back through hands and how I've played them. Currently you can only see what your hole cards were, community cards & final outcome.

Also, variations of the game. One of the reasons I tried other sites was because I wanted to learn omaha amongst other variations. Also, better options for player points. Currently there are a couple of small freerolls to use them for but that's it. How about giving options to buy in direct to bigger tourneys or Sky Poker merchandise?

One other thing I'd like is a time bank for use on the tables. Sometimes the 15 seconds you get just don't seem long enough in some situations

What does anyone else think?

Comments

• YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2009
    For me I think the most important improvements needed are better HH and use of a time bank, but the time bank should only be used when requested. Hate playing on Stars when someone isnt at the computer for whatever reason during the tourney and the software lets his 60 second time bank go down... pretty frustrating. I would also love to see some Omaha around sooner rather than later, I've heard it's in the pipeline which is really good news.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    For me I think the most important improvements needed are better HH and use of a time bank, but the time bank should only be used when requested. Hate playing on Stars when someone isnt at the computer for whatever reason during the tourney and the software lets his 60 second time bank go down... pretty frustrating. I would also love to see some Omaha around sooner rather than later, I've heard it's in the pipeline which is really good news.
    Posted by YoungUn
    Time Bank - you make the point well, imo. It illustrates the problerm precisely - we all want a bit more decision time now & then, BUT......we all get miffed when Players abuse it. A double-edged sword, if ever there was one. On balance, personally, I prefer it "as is".
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited May 2009
    Posted by YoungUn
    Agree about the abuse of the time bank. Surely there could be a way round it though where if someone is sat out then it's an automatic fold?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Agree about the abuse of the time bank. Surely there could be a way round it though where if someone is sat out then it's an automatic fold?
    Posted by silentbob
    Understood, but a player "Sat-Out" is Auto-Folded, very quickly, and that's entirely different to someone using up their Time-Bank to deliberately disrupt the game-flow for the rest of the Table.
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Understood, but a player "Sat-Out" is Auto-Folded, very quickly, and that's entirely different to someone using up their Time-Bank to deliberately disrupt the game-flow for the rest of the Table.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Maybe I misread what Youngun was saying then? Agree though that it could be open to abuse and that's certainly a pitfall but for me personally I think the benefits outweigh the potential problems
  • Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited May 2009
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site?:
    For a long time this was the only site I'd played poker on. However over the last 6 months I've tried one or two others & came to realise that as much as I like playing here there are certainly some improvements & additions that would be great. Namely, It would be great if I could get a more detailed hand history to help me look back through hands and how I've played them. Currently you can only see what your hole cards were, community cards & final outcome. Also, variations of the game. One of the reasons I tried other sites was because I wanted to learn omaha amongst other variations. Also, better options for player points. Currently there are a couple of small freerolls to use them for but that's it. How about giving options to buy in direct to bigger tourneys or Sky Poker merchandise? One other thing I'd like is a time bank for use on the tables. Sometimes the 15 seconds you get just don't seem long enough in some situations What does anyone else think?
    Posted by silentbob
    Some good points there silentbob.  More detailed Hand History functionality is due to be launched in the very near future; with further HH developments to follow on.  Omaha is on the development roadmap also, but there are a number of other items that we'd like to improve or upgrade with the existing site, before introducing new games.  The time bank question is also something we are aware of.  One of the considerations in televising the Open, is the need to get the tournament completed within the programme time frame.  Increasing the time bank available might require us to speed up the structure to finish before coming off air.  Not sure how you guys would view that?
    edited May 2009
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site? : Some good points there silentbob.  More detailed Hand History functionality is due to be launched in the very near future; with further HH developments to follow on.  Omaha is on the development roadmap also, but there are a number of other items that we'd like to improve or upgrade with the existing site, before introducing new games.  The time bank question is also something we are aware of.  One of the considerations in televising the Open, is the need to get the tournament completed within the programme time frame.  Increasing the time bank available might require us to speed up the structure to finish before coming off air.  Not sure how you guys would view that?
    Posted by Sky_Des
    How about introducing antes into some of the games? A lot of other sites use them.
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2009
    I think of myself as a poker purist and therefore rarely play The Open as it is structured in such a way that it's more about who's luckiest rather than who's more skilfull - especially in the latter stages. Since I don't really play The Open though, it doesn't bother me too much whether that structure will need change in order to accomodate the Time Bank, but I do know a lot of players that play it regularly and would not want the structure to be made any quicker than it already is. I think introducing antes to the software is important, but I would not advise it for The Open as, like I've said, I don't think it needs to be made any quicker. The thing with antes IMO is that it's better utilised on 10 seater tables where the blinds don't come around as often because obviously it will increase action. On a 6 handed table with big blinds and no antes there's usually enough action anyway to not need running antes. I do think though that the introduction of antes will be important for the Deep Stack Tournaments. Before I started this reply I had thought of another thing for improvement which I've managed to forget, lol, i'll try and think of it again and post back.
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Maybe I misread what Youngun was saying then? Agree though that it could be open to abuse and that's certainly a pitfall but for me personally I think the benefits outweigh the potential problems
    Posted by silentbob
    @Silentbob: What I mean is, on stars on the opening hand of a tourney, the software doesn't know if the player is at their computer or not, so it will run down the time bank because it is assumed that the player is there. Also, if I went to the toilet after folding a hand, but take long enough so that another hand comes up, the same thing will apply: The software will assume i'm there and run down the time bank for me. Hope that cleared it up?
  • M1chaelM1chael Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2009
    9 handed tourneys would be awsome.
    edited May 2009
    Thanks YoungUn, I've not played on Stars before so wasn't aware it did that.
  • amigos2amigos2 Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2009
    some Omaha and 7 card stud would be great
  • emzybabe23emzybabe23 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    i would like to see the avatars change. i reckon it would make a more enjoyable, fun experience if the avatars were 3d and you could edit their appearance to personalise them.  the rest of the site i think is great! :)
    edited June 2009
    i would like to see the avatars change. i reckon it would make a more enjoyable, fun experience if the avatars were 3d and you could edit their appearance to personalise them.  the rest of the site i think is great! :)
    Posted by emzybabe23
    Hadn't even thought of that but yeah, that would be good
  • Bytor_2112Bytor_2112 Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2009
    Currently we are able to save notes on players when we choose to and also we can search for a player if we know their username.

Could we have an option to perhaps save players we meet at the tables as 'friends' and then be able to perform a bulk 'friends currently online' search to quickly find who among our saved friends are playing and at which tables?
  • iodioiodio Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2009
    make the hand history better

The hand history on here is terrtible, it should be made like the pokerstars hand history, where yo can reply the and with all the action and see the other persons hand.  At the moment all it is , is a confusing little box that barely shows anything.  It definately needs to be improved soon as it will playing cash and tournements much more fun as you will be able to look back at hands with a clearer picture of the result.

Also a time bank is needed in cash that if used should be refilled every ten minutes, just like a mintue to give the people time to think, right now every decision has to be made in about 10 seconds its horrible and makes a lot of people rush
  • Hawaii__50Hawaii__50 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2009
    OMAHA

OMAHA H/L

That w
  • edited June 2009
    How about the option to make the screen bigger for those of us with old eyes !!
    and the text a little bigger as well so i can read all those insults :0)
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited June 2009

Why the 9pm (or later) start for the big MTTs? That's too late for those of us with early starts and families.

Push the start time forward an hour and more people will play.

edited June 2009
    Why the 9pm (or later) start for the big MTTs? That's too late for those of us with early starts and families. Push the start time forward an hour and more people will play.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Absolutely agree 100%. That's what puts me off entering them during the week. If I ever play them (through sat's only though!) it's only at the weekend
  • CIA260895CIA260895 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2009
    1 of my gripes regarding SKY POKER is the auto logging out of the lobby after a short period of inactivty,how maddening is it when you are multi tabling and then another tourney doesnt start up because you have been logged out of the lobby,

also i cannot get the sound to work even after checking the box inthe options window??