You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What improvements would you make to the site?

13»

Comments

• twokingstwokings Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    Channel 865 shows too many repeats of boring conversations with people i've never heard of. lets see more hand analysis from everyday tournaments. We can then see what the other guy had when someone folded.
  • IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited June 2009
    i think 1 60 second time bank per mtt duration

• JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited June 2009

extra time bar that u press that gives u 1 60 extra secs time bar to use in mtt,like u can use 10sec here and there, not open mtt lol, skypoker give u just as much of time to muck cards as they do to call? and rebuy mtts or even double chance,bad vaule for your money on sky, for mtts with play,grtds mtts just keep going down,i never seen a poker site to take £50 off a 500 grtd mtt,never seen a site to go down on grtds mtts as much as sky, and what is there to use r player points on? £20 freeroll 250 freeroll 1,000 players in, oh that used to be 1k freeroll

• Aquanaut1Aquanaut1 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2009
    My computer starts protesting whenever I try and open up more than 2 tables. I'd rather be playing 3 but can't because of the software.

Tables are also slow to load up. Often I open up a cash table only to find the vacant seat has been taken.

Why not start the TV tournies at 8 or 8:30 and then you can make the blind levels a bit longer?

• CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited June 2009
    Time-bank for cash games - you can often have a massive decision for a whole stack and have 10 seconds to decide - it isn't enough sometimes.

Better tournaments - the tournaments on here are awful - terrible blind structures.

Get some £20 buy-in tournies with decent structures and prize pools - they don't need to be televised if the length of time they take to cover.

Better rakeback deals - criminal how much rake there is on here with tiny rewards.

Better hand history - it's really not helpful at the moment.

Make it compatible with pokertracking software? Not sure how possible this is?

Would also be nice if every hand didn't result in 4 to a flush or 4 to a straight also - not that I'm suggesting anything sinister of course.
  • THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2009

Hi,

I have a few ideas that would improve the site.

Move to 10min blind Opens. This will however will a mean longer show and with approx 12.30am finish so maybe have a some 8pm starts mid week. The skill level for 10mins over 7mins is much more and therefore better gameplay.

Allow avatars to be uploaded

To be able to use points to buy in to tournaments. Pokerstars have recently done this where you can buy tickets for their big games. It will help improve loyalty and reward players who have earnt lots of points. Eg 500 points for a £10 open or 2000 points for a Primo?

Make the site downloadable, the crashes have improved but it would definately improve this.

Have every Friday night as larger buy in, ie not just a Primo once a month. £50 buy ins and even some £100 or £200. You could have satelites to them all week, it would create some big prize pools. This may even attract more players to the site.

Change the count down timer to a clock ie 5,4,3 etc, it is much easier to monitor than the sliding bar.

The show length restricts this but try and increase countdown time and maybe have an extra time clock to use on tricky decisions.

More Twitter updates. News, winners, tournaments coming up etc. Twitter is perfect for this.

Get Megan Fox as one of the presenters.

What do you think?

Ed

• skicowboysskicowboys Member Posts: 162
    edited June 2009

THESWISS makes a lot of sense in his post, here are my thoughts.

More games please for the better player, better blind structures etc. They dont have to be deepstack, but 1500 or 2000 chips with 15 minute blinds would give you some play, variety of buy ins, £10, £20, £50.
    Sit N Go tourneys where you win "Tournamant Tokens" for the various buy in ranges, e.g. £10+1, 6 handed 1st= £50 tournament ticket, 2nd=£10, or something along those lines.
    Full ring tournamants, 9 or 10 seater, i dont see why all of the tourneys have to be dominated by 6 handed fast structures.
    If SPUKT continues next year (please do as i think it's a great idea) have open qualifying tournaments where you can chose the venue you attend. I managed to qualify for nottingham and swansea, but was on my hols when the newcastle and birmingham events were open for qualifying, birmingham being my closest venue! You can then enter as often as you like and win seats to as many venues as you wish.
    I understand from the PTP tables that OMAHA is on its way. Are there any plans for STUD etc so eventually we could have some variety on the site, maybe even a HORSE game?
    Thats it for now.....play well!

• payneh19payneh19 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    I think the time bank would definately be good as well, we all need a bit more time every now and then. People are saying it would cause problems, well what about having a 3 strike system or something, only be able to use 3/4 times in one game? Also, i think the site is definately in need of a friends list. Like facebook if you will where you can find friends on tables, join them and even chat to them :)

Adam
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    In reply to :- I guarentee if you have 2 or 3 £11 buyin £1000 GTD trnys a night they will all exceed the 1000.  What do you all think? Posted by FlashFlush
    Buy-ins are for losers!! They also change the thinking of some players who constantly go ALL-IN trying to double up , knowing they can buy-in later if they lose. Learn to play POKER............then you won't need buy-ins.
    Posted by twokings

I think you're confusing buy-ins with re-buys.
  • fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2009
    hi all.
          made a post yesterday regarding any interest in satts to EPT toyrneys on the same basis as "Vegas" satts.
      would like to hear any feedback.
     cheers
    Fitzer.