You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• agent-47agent-47 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2009
    i only play 10 max cash games,but dont get a huge table selection,for some reason im not profitable on 6 max tables.wonder if 8 max could be introduced as i think this could be a happy medium
  • MC_MikeyMC_Mikey Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2009
    On the subect of hand histories and improvements, is it possible or will it be possible in the furture to get the data into a format suitable for things like pokertracker?
  • paddytrinipaddytrini Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2009

1. End the tyranny of hold'em.
    2. In cash games, particularly small blinds let the max amount you can bring to the table should be 100 bbs. It wrecks the skill level if someone sits down with 250bbs on a £10 cash table. It also means you have to have a £200 bankroll to play a £0.02 -0.04 game.

All I can think of right now. Will come up with more later.

• silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    2. In cash games, particularly small blinds let the max amount you can bring to the table should be 100 bbs. It wrecks the skill level if someone sits down with 250bbs on a £10 cash table. It also means you have to have a £200 bankroll to play a £0.02 -0.04 game. Posted by paddytrini
    Totally agree with that. Whenever I play cash it's usually .5/.10 but I always get put off by someone sitting down with £20.
  • MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2009
    Forgetting that i am connected with Sky Poker for a mo, if I had to pick one thing I would agree the hand histories could be waaaaaaaaay better. We are always telling people to improve their game by reviewing their games, but with the current hand history I appreciate this isn't very easy. Hope to see more changes on this soon. :) M
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2009
    I feel sky are in great need of some more "mid sized buyins" so so many £50 GTD trny and £100 trnys, which is just not worth playing. Im not saying we should have £100 buyins etc etc, but some more £11 regular trnys but WITH gtd pools... for instance, even when the open is not televised and has a gtd prize pool it still gets 400+ players, it shows there is still plenty of interest, i have seen they do have £11 buyin trnys but they do not have a gtd pool and therefor ppl dont play them!! I guarentee if you have 2 or 3 £11 buyin £1000 GTD trnys a night they will all exceed the 1000.

What do you all think?
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    I feel sky are in great need of some more "mid sized buyins" so so many £50 GTD trny and £100 trnys, which is just not worth playing. Im not saying we should have £100 buyins etc etc, but some more £11 regular trnys but WITH gtd pools... for instance, even when the open is not televised and has a gtd prize pool it still gets 400+ players, it shows there is still plenty of interest, i have seen they do have £11 buyin trnys but they do not have a gtd pool and therefor ppl dont play them!! I guarentee if you have 2 or 3 £11 buyin £1000 GTD trnys a night they will all exceed the 1000.  What do you all think?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    AMEN BROTHER!
    edited June 2009
    Who removed my post and more to the point, why?
    edited June 2009
    sorry only looking at page 1
  • edited June 2009
    Full screen and earlier MTT's. Both suggestions already posted,but totally agree!
  • lemster127lemster127 Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2009
    Right,not really sure im on right part of the forum but here goes.

Iam at my wits end with sky poker now,how hard is it to maintain a poker site?  have played DYM all day today and since around 6pm today sky poker has decided that something to do with adobe means that it desnt want to let me play my poker tables and instead makes my computer run slowly and finally when it does let me on the table im done to nearl no chips at all.

Now im not normally a moaner but i am absolutely disgusted an think its disgraceful that that can happen when people have money on the line?

I have attempted to play 5 £5 DYM tody and have not layed a single hand on some of these tables!!! This is totally unacceptable and myself and my partner have decided that we shall be taking out bankroll and business elsewhere on the internet.

Do any of the sky poker staff have anything to say on this matter at all? Is there anything that can be done? some sort of godwill gesture, god forbid they find it in their hearts to partially refund me?

disgraceful and pathetic,

a very unhappy due to be ex-customer
  • edited June 2009

I really like sky poker its fun the community is great and banter there are a few little things that could be ironed out in my eyes to make it a more reckonised poker room like ok we have the open and the bounty hunters for £11 buy in at 9pm every night with guaranteed prize pools but alot of uk players cannot start a tournament at 9pm which isnt going to finish until midnight due to work and fammilies etc etc. i think if sky poker ran 2 or 3 mtts with £1000 or more with buy ins of less than £15 would attract alot of players aslong as these guaranteed tournaments are scheluded at reasonable times ie- 1 at 7pm with £1000 guaranteed and like a £500-700 guaranteed at 3pm every day and then the 9pm televised tournament every night i think would attract alot more players onto this site what everyone else think?

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2009
    I really like sky poker its fun the community is great and banter there are a few little things that could be ironed out in my eyes to make it a more reckonised poker room like ok we have the open and the bounty hunters for £11 buy in at 9pm every night with guaranteed prize pools but alot of uk players cannot start a tournament at 9pm which isnt going to finish until midnight due to work and fammilies etc etc. i think if sky poker ran 2 or 3 mtts with £1000 or more with buy ins of less than £15 would attract alot of players aslong as these guaranteed tournaments are scheluded at reasonable times ie- 1 at 7pm with £1000 guaranteed and like a £500-700 guaranteed at 3pm every day and then the 9pm televised tournament every night i think would attract alot more players onto this site what everyone else think?
    Posted by MegaRat
    So basicly exactly what i just said :) so thats been 3rd'd now :)
  • Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited June 2009
    Slightly Higher volume player than most here i presume but its mostly what others have said

+ Better hand history tools
    + Bigger blind level at £50/100 Double your moneys - 10 Minutes
    + More "higher" buy-in tournaments - £30 - 200 as currently thiers 2 a month
    + Re-Buy tournaments
    + Omaha introduced
    + Downloadable client with adjustable tables the user decides upon
    + A time bank for the bigger tournaments but i guess all will have to be done

Just a few suggestions but on the plus side i'd like to say you have come along way since sky first opened up :)

• edited June 2009
    Right,not really sure im on right part of the forum but here goes. Iam at my wits end with sky poker now,how hard is it to maintain a poker site?  have played DYM all day today and since around 6pm today sky poker has decided that something to do with adobe means that it desnt want to let me play my poker tables and instead makes my computer run slowly and finally when it does let me on the table im done to nearl no chips at all. Now im not normally a moaner but i am absolutely disgusted an think its disgraceful that that can happen when people have money on the line? I have attempted to play 5 £5 DYM tody and have not layed a single hand on some of these tables!!! This is totally unacceptable and myself and my partner have decided that we shall be taking out bankroll and business elsewhere on the internet. Do any of the sky poker staff have anything to say on this matter at all? Is there anything that can be done? some sort of godwill gesture, god forbid they find it in their hearts to partially refund me? disgraceful and pathetic, a very unhappy due to be ex-customer
    Posted by lemster127
    You need to sort out your adobe player. Either update it or change your browser. Try internet explorer 8 or firefox or Opera. Good luck!
  • BawBaw Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to be able to see how many tournamnts i've played in, and how many times i've won, or cashed.

Or would i?
  • MC_MikeyMC_Mikey Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2009

Sharkscope:

Games PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormNetwork
    Baw               1,467$1  $5  12%$934  -Sky Poker x
    Edit: Top row of table is 1 column out
  • mag70mag70 Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2009
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site? : Some good points there silentbob.  More detailed Hand History functionality is due to be launched in the very near future; with further HH developments to follow on.  Omaha is on the development roadmap also, but there are a number of other items that we'd like to improve or upgrade with the existing site, before introducing new games.  The time bank question is also something we are aware of.  One of the considerations in televising the Open, is the need to get the tournament completed within the programme time frame.  Increasing the time bank available might require us to speed up the structure to finish before coming off air.  Not sure how you guys would view that?
    Posted by Sky_Des

Further on the subject of hand history. It would be a great feature to be able to see your own manhattan graph on completed MTTs.
  • twokingstwokings Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    Most games are coming down to 6 handed to get more action. With 9 handed you have to have a very good hand to even call. With 6 handed even the Pros play 2 3 offsuit. Play the presenter is a good example of how little action goes on when 12 handed.

If players want more time (some suggest Timeouts) then play more deepstacks. Theres plenty of time to think.

If you want improvements to the site I can supply a List. Start by making it easier to get into Tournaments and Sit & Go by getting rid of superfluous adverts for BINGO and Blackjack. We are on the POKER site because we like Poker. Adverts for SKY Vegas.etc are just annoying and slow down access to the site. The Poker league, Poker school, press releases should all be in a sub-menu.  Also get rid of the POT SIZE column in winning hands and show the hand held by the winner. Sometimes when there are 3 or 4 players all calling on the River, there is no time to work out why someone won a hand.

Can someone tell me why you cannot display the tables in letterbox format? Or with the winning hands always displayed on the left of the table, rather than overlapping.

EX-BUSINESS ANALYST.

• twokingstwokings Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    In reply to :- I guarentee if you have 2 or 3 £11 buyin £1000 GTD trnys a night they will all exceed the 1000.  What do you all think?
    Posted by FlashFlush

Buy-ins are for losers!! They also change the thinking of some players who constantly go ALL-IN trying to double up , knowing they can buy-in later if they lose.

Learn to play POKER............then you won't need buy-ins.