You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2013
    Hey AceGooner

1000 lol mental

Want a sidebet on who has the best ROI after 100 games? I'm playing £1 turbo games, you playing £5 turbo games?
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited July 2013

Morn'n.

Stop n start day yesterday, was on the computer all day from midday until around 10pm, but didn't really get much done :/

Started with mtts elsewhere, and managed to win a €5, 4max turbo for €240ish before 1.30pm! Very strange feeling having won an mtt with near enough a full days play ahead of me, not good for motivation!

I played a few more, mainly small turbos, and bricked everything apart from 1 7th place finish in a 1.2k gtd, which paid around €40, basically just covered all other buyins outside of the win. Decent day on mtts.

Plan is to transfer over to sky for the 2nd half of poker sessions, around 5/6ish until 10/11 depending on what time I pass out.

This didn't quite happen, got distracted by Skype and railing Don to a semi-deep run in another 4max tournament elsewhere.

Had the "well I've won 200 quid already today so I cba" attitude.

Was also a fun rail.

Eventually did get going on Sky, managed to get 18 games in in a couple of hours, between 8pm and about 10ish.

Results and performance were both decent, still room for improvement.

Ran pretty bad again tho!

I try to be as honest as possible when it comes to assessing how I'm running. I hate it when people convince themselves they're running way worse than they are.

But the last 2 sessions, despite winning overall, I've been below ev I think.

There will be periods when I run good and lose, too.

Here's the results.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/jlez.jpg/

It's not often I end a session on a positive note, I must really have been struggling to see if I called it a day on a 4 game winning streak! ugh.

Go in to Fridays session with abit of momentum anyway. Will aim to play 50+ HU sngs.

-----------

For the benefit of acegooner/benc.....

My stats for the month are...

58 HU turbos.

Avg stake = $19.31

ROI = 8.4%

Profit $58.54.

----------------------

GL all playing today.
  • bencbenc Member Posts: 1,059
    edited July 2013
    Hey JJ i should be on in the morning/afternoon tomorrow so i'll give you a message on skype and can maybe set up the joinme.

My stats for the month are below, played a mixture of everything though which include quite a few £21 hypers last two mornings been purely because i've seen value against one specific player who is a reg at them levels but he had a little heater and coolered me a few times so only ended even today, still in profit at the moment. The bulk of my games will definetly be at 5.25 turbos and hypers though.

Games: 240
    av stakes: $12.13
    Roi: 4.4%
    Profit: $96.85

*wp on the mtt win btw, good to see some regular updating again.
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Hey JJ i should be on in the morning/afternoon tomorrow so i'll give you a message on skype and can maybe set up the joinme. My stats for the month are below, played a mixture of everything though which include quite a few £21 hypers last two mornings been purely because i've seen value against one specific player who is a reg at them levels but he had a little heater and coolered me a few times so only ended even today, still in profit at the moment. The bulk of my games will definetly be at 5.25 turbos and hypers though. Games: 240 av stakes: $12.13 Roi: 4.4% Profit: $96.85 *wp on the mtt win btw, good to see some regular updating again.
    Posted by benc

Heres myne, roi will come down no doubt!

Played 15 
    Ave Stake  $9.14 
    Ave profit  $4.6
    Roi 39.1% 
    Profit $69 

I'm freeeeeee. Exam done although it was **** hard. Will have a few games this evening and update tomorrow morning.  Seems like the challenge has spurred you on benc (yuk hate the use of the word spur!) time to catch up although I wont be challenging mad £21 hyper morning player that I know you are talking about, edge is too small and knowing my luck my br would be smashed to pieces by those turned str8s vs my premium overpair !
    edited July 2013
    Hey AceGooner 1000 lol mental Want a sidebet on who has the best ROI after 100 games? I'm playing £1 turbo games, you playing £5 turbo games?
    Posted by LARSON7
    Henrik Larson is the king of kings? He broke my heart in 2006 when he layed on that pass for beletti to score in the CL final vs us. 

But I wont hold it against you! Jump into the challenge whatever stakes floats your boat mate. 

PS 1000 games seems a lot but 2 tabling its probably 50 hours play, not even a part time job!
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2013
    set ur sharkscopes to £'s

#tilting
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited July 2013
    I've actually been playing a fair few of the old HU SnGs this week too just cos I can't be bothered with cash while this awful promo is running.

Obv the only one out of the 4 of us to be losing! Only played about 100 games so far this week, all £5.25 Speeds & Hypers and am down abuot £40 atm ... I think, something like that anyway. Ran SO bad in my first session of them so have spent ever since trying to win that back (which I am doing slowly).

Dunno if I'll play for the full month, but if I do, I'll join yaz.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited July 2013
    set ur sharkscopes to £'s #tilting
    Posted by splashies
    +1

Lost count how many times I've said this
    edited July 2013
    £'s if I'm losing, $ when I'm winning.

Tricks of the trade!  ;)
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Heres myne, roi will come down no doubt! Played 15  Ave Stake  $9.14  Ave profit  $4.6 Roi 39.1%  Profit $69  I'm freeeeeee. Exam done although it was **** hard. Will have a few games this evening and update tomorrow morning.  Seems like the challenge has spurred you on benc (yuk hate the use of the word spur!) time to catch up although I wont be challenging mad £21 hyper morning player that I know you are talking about, edge is too small and knowing my luck my br would be smashed to pieces by those turned str8s vs my premium overpair !
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Nice roi atm lol Good luck with the exam so glad i have got that period out of the way, i'm back home now as my tenancy at my uni house ended at the weekend so at the moment im just hanging around, managed to sort an interview for teaching assistant position next week so hoping i can make a good impression as done that before and it can tide me over for a year untill i go into social work hopefully. So yeah basically was planning on playing aload of poker anyway as got bennicasim to pay for,  this roi thing just gives me little extra motivation to not go on super tilt and reg up like 3-4 tables at higher hypers against the the better players that play them lol the guy/lady i'm referring to you would be silly not to play however good they are running, one of 3 players i would play a few levels higher than i would regularly play at hypers. I'll update in £ next time, just followed jjs lead and it does make you feel better about it, i'm glad i don't have a -roi for the month anymore although still plenty of time!
    edited July 2013
    set ur sharkscopes to £'s #tilting
    Posted by splashies
    So you can work out pot odds in your head but you cant divide X by 1.5.

Pffft ........
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited July 2013
    sorry benc - didn't mean to upset your roi

picked the game at random
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Henrik Larson is the king of kings? He broke my heart in 2006 when he layed on that pass for beletti to score in the CL final vs us.  But I wont hold it against you! Jump into the challenge whatever stakes floats your boat mate.  PS 1000 games seems a lot but 2 tabling its probably 50 hours play, not even a part time job!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    King of Kings and Legend:D

He set up both goals:(

1000 games, you are a machine! Good luck to you!

I didn't know you had a challenge going, sounds good. If you do want a side bet of a tenner let me know.

Based on me playing 100 games, against your x amount of games 1000?.

I take it the rake is the same 5%, no matter what level you play.

The best ROI over that period wins.
    edited July 2013
    sorry benc - didn't mean to upset your roi picked the game at random
    Posted by GELDY
    No worries was 3 tabling them at the time otherwise would of said hello, used to losing the odd one (ten) here and there when im playing alot of hypers lol
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : King of Kings and Legend:D He set up both goals:( 1000 games, you are a machine! Good luck to you! I didn't know you had a challenge going, sounds good. If you do want a side bet of a tenner let me know. Based on me playing 100 games, against your x amount of games 1000?. I take it the rake is the same 5%, no matter what level you play. The best ROI over that period wins.
    Posted by LARSON7
    LOL that sounds fair, not! You dont get a true indication of roi unless your sample size is at least 1000. You could run silly over 100 and im stuffed, and your playing quidders!
    edited July 2013
    Chicken Stu:p

Fair enough mate. Good luck with your 1000 games, 8-1- ROI:D Nice wee 400-500 quidders lol

Seen as you won't take my tenner, fancy a few games sometime?
  • liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited July 2013
    hey doh any chance you can do me a big favour buddy can you pm me my sharkscope stats on mtts from the start this year.

It won`t let me use the data range because I have no searches left,plus reason want to know is i`m trying to improve my mtt results they have really sucked last couple of years but volume haven`t been great either.

really appreciate it if you can do that for me m8 thanks.
    edited July 2013
    hey doh any chance you can do me a big favour buddy can you pm me my sharkscope stats on mtts from the start this year. It won`t let me use the data range because I have no searches left,plus reason want to know is i`m trying to improve my mtt results they have really sucked last couple of years but volume haven`t been great either. really appreciate it if you can do that for me m8 thanks.
    Posted by liamboi11
    PM sent.

------

Also just remembered Yorks v Lancs T20 game is live on sky tomorrow evening, starting around 6ish. 

That prob means I'll be lucky to get 5 HU games in tomorrow nevermind 50 :(

edited July 2013
    Still way ahead of expected roi, but good start to month. Havent really got going yet with volume. But that will come!

Played 76 
    Ave Stake  $8.23 
    Ave profit  $1.19
    Roi 15.2% 
    Profit $90 

edited July 2013
    Nice going Ace, i tilted massively last night, had a brutal run and then made it ten times worse for myself going up to the 21s eventually ended up down about 200ish not even going to moan about some of the hands i saw. Hopefully have taught myself a lesson though, hoping to get some games in this afternoon don't even want to look at the state of my scope and getting a positive roi could be a challenge in it itself now lol gl at the tables.

Games: 313
    Av stake: £8.01
    Roi: -1.1 %
    Profit- -£141

Going to be a slog turning that around now i have enforced a ban on myself to go no higher than 5.25.