You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
edited April 2019 in Poker Chat

Sky have agreed to trial my idea of introducing fast paced heads up sit and gos. As a condition, I will be writing a diary, with my results and general thoughts on the games which have been introduced to the sit n go lobby this morning.

Hu sngs aren't for everybody, so this hyper version is going to appeal to a niche market.

1) Turbo dym players.

2) Action junkee's

3) Cash 4 points grinders & priotrity club hopefuls. 

Theres a common mis-conception amongst poker players, that short stacks and fast blinds leads to "bingo poker".

The "sit and DOH" HU sngs, allow for a period of 8 minutes play, before the average stack drops below 10xbb. In online poker, that is still alot of hands. 

Admittedly, the variance is gonna be high, but with low rake, and high volume, so can your ROI. 

They are also fun, and will allow for rapid accumilation of poker points, to push myself, and others towards priority.

--------------------------

The aim of this diary is to record my results throughout the trial period, and hopefully show people that these games can be profitable.

I'd urge everyone to have a shot at playing a few of these, if you have a spare 15 minutes, in the hope of converting you'z into HU hyper action junkeeeees!

Anyway good luck if you decide to try them.

Hopefully they'll be around for a while.

P.S, the name certainly was not my idea! ;)

Comments

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2011

nice idea jj look forward to reading yr diary plus i'll hav a go at a few
  • kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2011
    £5.25 a go bit steep for a trial game.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2011
    Especially with such a high variance game... plus I think it's ideal for the people who are really strong with their HUs game and mine needs a bit of work so I'll wait til my BRs a bit bigger before I give them a go.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited September 2011

The level they have decided to trial it at is nothing to do with me folks, I just suggested the structure.

I guess they plonked it between the higher levels and the micro stakes.....

All being well there will be a game for every bankroll in the lobby within a week or so! 
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2011
    Goodluck with it chap.

I will probs start playing some of these actually. I need something to improve my rakeback, it's woeful now I'm only playing MTT's, I play 5 a night, so when it drops to 3 I'll probs fire a couple up.
  • mattlessmattless Member Posts: 194
    edited September 2011
    Just played 3 lost 2, but love the re-match idea. Your opponent has requested a re-match? How can you say no to that!
  • sillymunchsillymunch Member Posts: 299
    edited September 2011
    sorry mattless, i had to say no :( i only have a £30 bank roll, and i was just testing it out, unlucky your 10 didnt hold up against my pocket 8's well played :)
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Just played 3 lost 2, but love the re-match idea. Your opponent has requested a re-match? How can you say no to that!
    Posted by mattless
    That's an option on all HU SnGs isn't it?
    edited September 2011
    sorry mattless, i had to say no :( i only have a £30 bank roll, and i was just testing it out, unlucky your 10 didnt hold up against my pocket 8's well played :)
    Posted by sillymunch
    Now you're playing these with your BR?!! You must be running good to have not gone bust...
  • mattlessmattless Member Posts: 194
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : That's an option on all HU SnGs isn't it?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Wasn't aware. Have played some hu cash before (where rake kills you at my level imo) but not hu SnGs
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814
    edited September 2011

They will ONLY be @ the £5 level during the Trial Period.

If they prove popular, Buy-Ins will be extended to cover the usual levels. If they are not, they will be dropped. Simples.

The name? Course I thought of it. Anyone wanna 4 bet me on that?
    edited September 2011
    WOOT! Just beat Doh in one :)

Well played though. I really enjoyed it, as you said in the chatbox it is really intense.
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Now you're playing these with your BR?!! You must be running good to have not gone bust...
    Posted by Lambert180
    This

Also great addition love these on another site look forward to playing a few later before i go out
  • sillymunchsillymunch Member Posts: 299
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Now you're playing these with your BR?!! You must be running good to have not gone bust...
    Posted by Lambert180
    I was curious what it was about :S decided to have one shot, since i got my free £5 from sky poker the other day i figured no harm in using it to test the HU SNG, the speed of the game suits my style of play, but clearly im not gonna be playing em all the time cus i am not rolled for it, 
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited September 2011
    Ok, just to get this thread back on the "diary track" I'll log in a V small, disrupted session that I've had over the last hour or so.

Obv talking alot to people on msn/twitter/forum/chatbox about the games, haven't been able to play solidly, but a few results/observations....

Played 7 games, won 6, lost 1. 

3 of the 7 games ended within blind level 1 (2 minutes), and only 1 game went beyond the stage where average stack was 10xbb (that was the one I lost).

7 games played.

Total profit = £23.25.

Total Points = 21

Need to eat now, can't have KFC going out of business just coz sky have introduced a new sng.

Be back in half an hour to play a proper solid session, maybe even multi table! :S

edited September 2011
    Ok, just to get this thread back on the "diary track" I'll log in a V small, disrupted session that I've had over the last hour or so. Obv talking alot to people on msn/twitter/forum/chatbox about the games, haven't been able to play solidly, but a few results/observations.... Played 7 games, won 6, lost 1.  3 of the 7 games ended within blind level 1 (2 minutes), and only 1 game went beyond the stage where average stack was 10xbb (that was the one I lost). 7 games played. Total profit = £23.25. Total Points = 21 Need to eat now, can't have KFC going out of business just coz sky have introduced a new sng. Be back in half an hour to play a proper solid session, maybe even multi table! :S
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    So you've only lost 1 out of 7 and that was me!

Great result for me then :)

Yeah I was shocked that all your other games finished in the first level considering it only last 2 minutes. I know it's short stacked but not so short stacked that you need to just be flipping for it. There is still a bit of play in the game. Good fun.

EDIT: Just re-read and they didn't all finish in the first level, but still, that's quite fast. I think you deffo have a bit more time than people would think in these. Like I was a bit worried to say the least when you had me down to about 325 in our game but one double up and you're in the driving seat.
  • mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    edited September 2011
    played 3 won 3,loving them at the minute!!
    edited September 2011
    Just to pre warn everyone if your running well eg. winning alot of them keep playing but minute swings the other way stop for the session as variance is a killer in them

this is based on another site but exact same format so will be similar but hopefully more bad players ;)
  • delaney09delaney09 Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2011
    Hypers are fun and good way to boost BR if you can avoid the high variance 100 times better then turbo husngs which for me seem to last a life time (short attention span)... i played around 700 of these on ps in 3 days and ran pretty good in them until obviously variance kicked in and i went on a 17 game downswing ($250) even managed to teach JJ a couple of lessons ;,(but still ended in a decent profit overall) but will definitely play a tonne of these when im back from DTD the weekend
    edited September 2011
    Hypers are fun and good way to boost BR if you can avoid the high variance 100 times better then turbo husngs which for me seem to last a life time (short attention span)... i played around 700 of these on ps in 3 days and ran pretty good in them until obviously variance kicked in and i went on a 17 game downswing ($250) even managed to teach JJ a couple of lessons ;,(but still ended in a decent profit overall) but will definitely play a tonne of these when im back from DTD the weekend
    Posted by delaney09
    PMSL my tea nearly went everywhere :P